RO opens in tiny window. Setup doesnt change it.

Started by NekoNighT, Sep 10, 2011, 05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NekoNighT

Well, after dling the new kRO/re files from the site, (07-27-2011 kRO Client folder) and updating it.
I put in files from a server, but when i try to launch the client via patcher, it opens in a tiny window. Ive tried to change res and fullscreen by the setup.exe, but it doesnt seem to do anything. At first, i thought it was the new kRo altogether, so i found some of my older server files and tried to launch that, it still opened in the same tiny window.

It seems that only the offical client launches in the res that is defined by setup. Did i miss something?

P-server
Offical

FelixTheCat224

bump. Having the same issue. Anybody know why it's causing this or the solution to this?

Strudel

FelixTheCat224

I did tried that. I can't seem to figure out the cause of this besides maybe my download of kRO is corrupted or my hexed client doesn't go along with my kRO folder? I am new at trying to setup a private server, and I seems to be having trouble finding a working kRO directory and a client to go along with it.

yC

Since you are setting up a server in this case, we shouldn't help but whatever.  Server side, did you set your grf path for the server?  You should make sure the console says ready before you try to connect to it.

Client side, do you have all your dll, data.grf, rdata.grf etc etc all in the same folder?

FelixTheCat224

On the server side, if you mean opening up grf-files.txt and set the path for the RO folder, yes I did this. The consoles are saying ready when I tried to connect to it.

I do have all those files inside the same folder. I do have a few confusions though. Looking around on the forums and the net, I am a little confused on what exactly a ragexeRE is. Is this the exe to launch the game? Or I have to donwload a separate exe game launcher? Whenever I execute the ragexeRE, it just pop up a small error window with no text and a ok button. I also see that in order to patch the client, I have to enable this "[Add] read lua before lub", where do you enable this? I am using ragray if this makes any difference...

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

fallenone

Quote from: FelixTheCat224 on Oct 06, 2011, 08:14 AM
On the server side, if you mean opening up grf-files.txt and set the path for the RO folder, yes I did this. The consoles are saying ready when I tried to connect to it.

I do have all those files inside the same folder. I do have a few confusions though. Looking around on the forums and the net, I am a little confused on what exactly a ragexeRE is. Is this the exe to launch the game? Or I have to donwload a separate exe game launcher? Whenever I execute the ragexeRE, it just pop up a small error window with no text and a ok button. I also see that in order to patch the client, I have to enable this "[Add] read lua before lub", where do you enable this? I am using ragray if this makes any difference...

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

Client Side:
-You said that you dl/installed all the RMS and/or Ragray files, right?
-Each and every file of RMS is in one folder, right?
-Each and every file of Ragray is in another folder as a back-up if RMS doesn't work for you, right?
-You Hexed/Diff your own client?
-What Diff Patcher did you use?
-"[Add] read lua before lub" is by using a Diff Patcher to Hex/Diff your client
-Did you enable HKLM to HKCU? If so, you might need an appropriate Setup.exe
-There might be diffs that you picked or missing that is causing the problem
-Do you have the correct: data folder, DATA.ini, custom.grfs?

Server side:
-Did you configure db/packet_db.txt
-Did you configure your src/common/mmo.h to allow your Diffd client? If so, did you recompile?
[color=limegreen]DejavuRO's[/color] [color=red]Grand Opening: [color=blue]12/16/11[/color][/color]

[color=maroon]Guild Package[/color]

-FallenOne
[email protected]

FelixTheCat224

I definitely made some breakthrough today! Thank you for your questions, those are a big hints to me! I can login to the game and walk around no problem now. I am sure something else will come up later, but let's put this thread to rest.

Again, thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it.

fallenone

Quote from: FelixTheCat224 on Oct 06, 2011, 11:06 PM
I definitely made some breakthrough today! Thank you for your questions, those are a big hints to me! I can login to the game and walk around no problem now. I am sure something else will come up later, but let's put this thread to rest.

Again, thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it.

I am glad that you made some breakthrough and everything seems to be working for you atm.  ;D
[color=limegreen]DejavuRO's[/color] [color=red]Grand Opening: [color=blue]12/16/11[/color][/color]

[color=maroon]Guild Package[/color]

-FallenOne
[email protected]

delima

Yep, Im still having this problem, if anyone know how to fix it, I would be glad.

Thanks in advance.

delima

After a deep search on the web, I found a solution to this.

I just downloaded the new kro client folder on RMS, its needed to replace the the new setup by the old one (version below 2010 I think)  and put 2 .ini files in te exact same ro folder.

Pick these and put into your RO folder:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ypjyo4 -  .ini files
and go to this page and get the old setup.
http://dreamerrohr.wikispaces.com/System+Requirements

done deal.

diamond

I had the exact same problem! pasting the old one did make it work.. but now I can only play in full screen, I try changing it on the set up but it wont do anything.. I also tried downloading a new setup.exe and it still didnt work... does anybody know what im doing wrong?