RO on Windows 8

Started by Kensei, Oct 16, 2013, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kensei

So yeah, just wondering if anyone can tell me how to play RO in Windows 8. Basically I tried downloading some private servers' full Installer, patched kRO, etc and the RO window won't come out. These are the problems I think might be the cause :

1. The Setup is somehow not working / connected to the system
2. The resolution list box is empty

Once people told me to tinker up stuffs in RegEdit and it worked, but I forgot how and when I checked my RegEdit again, it doesn't work (the RO entries). But the problem is, even though it worked, I can't make my RO full screen, and windowed mode lags horribly.

So yeah, anyone can help me on this? I would love it if I can play mah RO like I'm not using Windows 8 (just, don't tell me to get Windows 7 or below or anything >.>)

Triper

You've to setup the resolution manually at Win8 at regedit as it's showed here - http://forum.ratemyserver.net/ro-client-support/problems-with-the-size-of-the-window/

dead4dead

So is the problem solved?

I used windows 8, and I got the exact same problem the TS
mentioning.
But the problem is simply cleared by " Running the program as Administrator ".

The setting show the resolution.
And I can play it in full screen ( but I didn't really like full screen since, I used many account at once and alt+tab is slower during full screen ).

The list of problem that may appear when you didn't " run as admin " when installing and playing Ragnarok in windows 8

1. Setting didn't show any resolution, and will mostly make your RO having allot of weird issue if you saved the setting from the setup.

can be undone by deleting the content of a file that records your setting, I don't really remember the file name, but it can be opened by Notepad.
This is the very same file you need to edit if you want to change your screen resolution manually

Note: The content, and not the file it self, I never tried deleting the file so I don't know what will happen.

2. Can't play on full screen, RO will automatically closed it self when you start it.

Just run your RO as Admin, if didn't work try number 1, and start the RO again using run as admin

3. The Patcher, didn't have the right to access your RO, resulting starting game from patcher can't be done

Simply run the patcher as admin.

Sometimes you might also want to put the whole RO
In Exception list in your antivirus and firewall.

If always clicking run as admin tire you.
Try use the " Properties " and check the " Always run as admin "

Something you might also want to try is
Using the option " Running program using Windows XP service pack 3 ".
It can also solve a certain issue.
If you wonder how to do it, just run trouble shooting, windows will ask if the program run in the previous windows version. If you chose that option it will do the setting by it self.