KRO Installation problem

Started by james23557, Nov 16, 2014, 09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james23557

Good day everyone!
I have a problem regarding the installation of the KRO files that I downloaded on ratemyserver.net. The 6 part files including the bgm and the dll thing. What happened was that when I was extracting the part 1 rar file, it asked for "Next volume is required". What I did was that I directed the file to the part 2 rar file then it goes well. My problem is that the other 4 parts remaining can not be extracted and a pop up message appears:

"!   D:\ro06062014_data.grf.part2.rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack data.grf"
"!   D:\ro06062014_data.grf.part1.rar: No files to extract"

Of course the same thing goes with the remaining parts. Can somebody help me regarding this issue. What should I do? Where did I go wrong on the installation process? If so please tell me.  /sob

Thanks in advance for those who could help.  /kis

yC

The process is you put them all in the same folder, then extract part 1 and it will look for the other parts automatically.  Pay attention to the file size, part 1-5 should have the same size or your file is incomplete.

james23557

This was the result. I tried to install edacity ro there and it's not working.**  /hmm
I patched the rsu files too.
**see attachments

james23557

I followed what you said. I put all the files in one folder, then I extracted the part 1 file and still "Next Volume is required" pop ups. Does it mean that it's not automatically looking for the other parts? and also parts 1-5 are of the same size.

I tried also to extract them all together at once and this was what happened:

!   D:\My Documents\Download\RO\ro06062014_data.grf.part2.rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack data.grf
!   D:\My Documents\Download\RO\ro06062014_data.grf.part1.rar: No files to extract
!   D:\My Documents\Download\RO\ro06062014_data.grf.part3.rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack data.grf
!   D:\My Documents\Download\RO\ro06062014_data.grf.part1.rar: No files to extract
!   D:\My Documents\Download\RO\ro06062014_data.grf.part4.rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack data.grf
!   D:\My Documents\Download\RO\ro06062014_data.grf.part5.rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack data.grf
!   D:\My Documents\Download\RO\ro06062014_data.grf.part6.rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack data.grf

I'm hopeless here now. I want to play RO badly. /sob

yC

Can I have a screenshot with file sizes info for the .rar u have in one folder?  Or simply check the file size like I suggested above.

james23557

Here is a screenshot of the file size.

yC

I see your part1 has "(1..." after it, try to rename it to be just like the others "ro06062014_data.grf.part1.rar".  Because if the naming is not in good order the program might not "see" them as together.  Look how the file should be named when you download it from the sites.