is this a vista problem?

Started by jowight, Mar 04, 2009, 07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jowight

look, i have a problem and it looks like this i have a DSL connection 100mbps i am a vista user and i use LAPTOP.. my server was MYRO..

my prob is my floor is black and i can't see the writtings on the items its transparent.. please do help me out thanks

Cielte

Looks like a graphic problem. o.x

Littlechan

try checking your graphic card? o.o?

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

jowight

how to check the graphic card if i'am using a laptop?

Littlechan

Quote from: jowight on Mar 04, 2009, 10:35 PM
how to check the graphic card if i'am using a laptop?

I don't know...sorry >_<

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Zone

100mbps is the fastest your ethernet card can handle, your connection is not 100mbps.
As for the issue, that's clientside related, so somewhere there are screwed up files.

Descent

Check your video drivers, Jowight. They're available to download from your card's manufacturer. One of my players had this same issue(Black everywhere), a driver update and the problem was solved.

jowight

how to check my drivers? is it in the properties in my computer? sorry i dont know about them thanks for the reply

Cielte

Quote from: jowight on Mar 06, 2009, 05:45 PM
how to check my drivers? is it in the properties in my computer? sorry i dont know about them thanks for the reply

Well, from what I know. Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager(this is for XP as far as I know, but you should be able to find it on Vista as well)

Pow

Quote from: Kozua Nekiem on Mar 06, 2009, 05:59 PM

Well, from what I know. Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager(this is for XP as far as I know, but you should be able to find it on Vista as well)

It would be much more efficient to just click Start (That stupid little symbol Vista uses) and type "dxdiag" without the quotations into that little 'search' box.

Open it, second tab - Tell us what card you have and somebody will find the drivers... Takes two seconds

-Pow
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

jowight

Quote from: Pow on Mar 06, 2009, 08:26 PM

It would be much more efficient to just click Start (That stupid little symbol Vista uses) and type "dxdiag" without the quotations into that little 'search' box.

Open it, second tab - Tell us what card you have and somebody will find the drivers... Takes two seconds

-Pow

drivers
main driver

Pow

Quote from: jowight on Mar 06, 2009, 08:56 PM

-Pow

drivers
main driver

Sorry, fourth tab.. The one that says "Sound"

-Pow

jowight

Quote from: Pow on Mar 06, 2009, 08:57 PM

-Pow

drivers
main driver

-Pow

the sound 2?
ok here's the info

4th tab sound 2
Drivers:
name : viahduaa.sys
version: 6.00.0001.1240(english)
Date: 6/7/2007
WHQL Logo'd: YES
other files:
Provider: via TEchnologies, Inc.

2nd tab display
drivers
main driver : VTGUModeDX32.dll
Version: 7.14.0014.0026(english)
Date : 9/13/2007 4:17:36AM
WHQL Logo'd:Yes
DDI version :9Ex

is this the one we look for?

Pow

Quote from: jowight on Mar 06, 2009, 09:00 PM
Quote from: Pow on Mar 06, 2009, 08:57 PM

-Pow

drivers
main driver

-Pow

the sound 2?
ok here's the info

4th tab sound 2
Drivers:
name : viahduaa.sys
version: 6.00.0001.1240(english)
Date: 6/7/2007
WHQL Logo'd: YES
other files:
Provider: via TEchnologies, Inc.

2nd tab display
drivers
WHQL Logo'd:Yes
DDI version :9Ex

is this the one we look for?

Wait -facepalms-

We want video, not sound.. Sound is for another topic - go to that tab instead.

-Pow

jowight

there is no video tab here
there's only DISPLAY tab

drivers