Char server connects to different / wrong ip ?! (ny-ro)

Started by Randael, May 12, 2015, 07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randael

I played ragnarok since a while now... and all servers seem to work, then i wanted to try ny-ro... it works for all of my friends but i cant connect to the char server.. I found out why but i have no clue how to solve it... now to the details:

We all downloaded the same client from the same site (i downloaded it twice even with 2 different browsers) http://privatero-gaming.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1039-nyro-full-installer-13-parts/ this one <---

I can install/extract it and patch normally... I also can login onto the login server... but the moment I choose the server it fails to connect... and I found out why...

Spoiler

[close]

The 23. one is the connection to the login server... its based in the US ... the 5. one is the char server... its an IP that isnt supposed to be there (its 23. for my friends, all of them) and even after deleting everything it wont change... it does not belong to said server to my knowledge and is based in russia... ive also found the 5.x ip nowhere ... It cant be pinged which explains why I cant connect, im the only one having this issue though...

Spoiler
[close]

the only reasons i can think of is that theres some setting somewhere that makes ragnarok connect to a different char server... but all other servers work just fine... it also cant be a virus because im the only one with the issue and not a single other file seems to have the same issue ( im also very careful and pretty knowledgeable in that department) so it cant be a virus that injects itself into the package either... <.< The hoster of the server couldnt help me yet aswell and im rly out of ideas... sadly wireshark doesnt work on windows 10 else i might be a little smarter , hehe...

Anyway, does anyone have any idea what could cause this? because im rly out of ideas...

yC

Have you played another server with the same RO folder before?  It could be connecting to the previous server you played due to some file complication. 

Randael

nope, I used the full installer and actually checked the .grf file and the IP was correct, however , another thing i have noticed is that this server used gameguard (atleast it had it in the folder) ... im not sure if thats the reason, im using windows 10 which, after some research, seems not to work too well with gameguard...

Also , i tried it again with several other packet-sniffer tools to find out whats wrong... next to the quite creepy fact that the accountname and pw are delivered completely wout encryption (thats why none uses actual pw´s on ro serversx3), that nomore packets are sent or received after choosing a server, which causes the game to show a failed to connect to server message...

I dont know if gameguard causes it or sth else, i got nothing i know that could block it that i havent already checked D:

Weird enough that peerblock (i use it once in a while to find out ips since i cnt use wireshark) showed that 5.x IP and the other tools dont.

I compared it to another server I played on... after choosing a server there was a small packet exchange with the server, logically, to request the character list, it doesnt seem to happen on this one though ( just for me, all my friends got no issues... and this server seems tobe quite awesome Q~Q ) I swear, if its gameguards fault im gonna be sad T^T

Randael

NVM... as it seems my friend could run the server on windows 10... wth is happening *sigh* /sob

its not even windows 10... i cant even connect using a virtual machine windows 7... now it just gets ridiculous

yC

Did you try using a different internet connection?  Such as go to the nearest mcdonald/starbucks if it's a laptop.  Low chance but it could be your ISP or your router has been compromised?