broken graphics

Started by jackiechon, Jan 21, 2015, 04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackiechon

I bought a new PC it works great on Far Cry 4, COD advance warfare, sniper elite 3 all max settings but when I tried to play and install my ragnarok(a private server)

I posted that image because the black things doesnt have that in other maps only on Alberta. but you can see the novice sprite is broken

Anyone can help me? I tried changing all the things on the setup, Direct3D HAL, Direct3D T&L Hal, selected my graphics card as graphics device, turning on and off everything changing resolution..

When I open my ragnarok through network using my old PC it works great no problem. I've been playing ragnarok for a long time and never have i encountered this problem

eKoh

have you tried to download RO client from somewhere else?

Try here
We are a Pre-Renewal Midrate. Looking for the most
competitive
scene in Pvp, Mvp, and Hunting!

Grand Opening this July 15th!
Visit Aria-RO.com

Rider

It's a map rendering issue that exists for some graphics cards.

Try using /lightmap in-game or check/uncheck it in the setup. Let me know if that fixed it.

Seffi ❤

I just recently encountered a problem like this. One way to fix it is by running your client as admin and enable User Account Control. There are some instructions on this thread here which seemed to fix the problem I was having.

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/166172-updated-resolved-when-your-graphics-card-is-too-good-for-ro/
[/URL]
Love Piamette? Check out WoonRO's latest update including the Piamette set & over 40 new headgears.

jackiechon

Quote from: eKoh on Jan 21, 2015, 06:18 AM
have you tried to download RO client from somewhere else?

Try here

Quote from: Rider on Jan 21, 2015, 07:24 AM
It's a map rendering issue that exists for some graphics cards.

Try using /lightmap in-game or check/uncheck it in the setup. Let me know if that fixed it.
I tried these installed the new ragnarok from iRO nothing happened and changed everything i could in the setup software nothing changed. thanks for replying tho and helping me..

Quote from: Seffi ❤ on Jan 21, 2015, 11:16 AM
I just recently encountered a problem like this. One way to fix it is by running your client as admin and enable User Account Control. There are some instructions on this thread here which seemed to fix the problem I was having.

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/166172-updated-resolved-when-your-graphics-card-is-too-good-for-ro/

Thanks for this it fixed it for me also I searched in google that some people with high end graphics card having problems too with ragnarok also I found by locking the computer..

thanks for the help guys!!!  /no1 /no1

but if anybody have a permanent solution please if you can share it with me :(

Tokeiburu

The UAC prompt requires some fancy animation for dimming the screen, and if the graphic card's drivers don't support it well, it will switch them to basic ones. Which is probably why doing that solution with the whole UAC thing works.

I would try the following instead... right-click on your client's shortcut > Properties > Compatibility >
Set to run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (SP3) - typical setting for old games
Below try with only "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" checked and if that doesn't work then check "Disable desktop composition" as well.

And make sure DirectX has been fully updated (very important, even with a high-end graphic cards, if DirectX isn't properly updated then it will cause issues here and there).

jackiechon

Quote from: Tokeiburu on Jan 22, 2015, 11:34 AM
The UAC prompt requires some fancy animation for dimming the screen, and if the graphic card's drivers don't support it well, it will switch them to basic ones. Which is probably why doing that solution with the whole UAC thing works.

I would try the following instead... right-click on your client's shortcut > Properties > Compatibility >
Set to run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (SP3) - typical setting for old games
Below try with only "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" checked and if that doesn't work then check "Disable desktop composition" as well.

And make sure DirectX has been fully updated (very important, even with a high-end graphic cards, if DirectX isn't properly updated then it will cause issues here and there).
yea tried that all didn't work

anyone has idea to make a permanent fix for this? :(