A Quick question regarding Private servers and normal servers

Started by Rebuka, Dec 01, 2008, 09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebuka

Hey guys, is it possible to download iRo, and also have a private server on your computer and be able to run both?

A friend of mine told me that the files have to be in a specific folder to be able to run the client, and if your computer can't have the same file name for more than one folder, is it possible to run a Normal iRO client, and a Private server client?

Not at the same time.

Example;

I play a little bit of iRo, and i get bored, and decide to play on a private server for a bit, can I do that without having to constantly redownload kRo, and iro?

Thanks a lot in advance :D

if you can keep the files of each separate its do able

Rebuka

Now, by separate do you mean having them bothing in C:ProgramFiles/Gravity?, or can I make one be in Gravity, and one in another folder I create?

yC

for example

private server =  C:ProgramFiles/Gravity/RO
official = C:ProgramFiles/Gravity/iRO

you just have to create a new folder and pick where to install each of them so they don't overwrite the files of each other.

LightHaze

Quote from: Rebuka on Dec 02, 2008, 07:49 AM
Now, by separate do you mean having them bothing in C:ProgramFiles/Gravity?, or can I make one be in Gravity, and one in another folder I create?
Actually you can even just have one folder and play both.
Just make sure that the private server files doesnt overwrite the original kRO/iRO file.  For example the sakexe. Most of private server already renamed their sakexe. If it is, its fine to install it on kRO folder. If its not, install it somewhere, rename it.

Quote from: LightHaze on Dec 02, 2008, 08:18 AM
Quote from: Rebuka on Dec 02, 2008, 07:49 AM
Actually you can even just have one folder and play both.
Just make sure that the private server files doesnt overwrite the original kRO/iRO file.  For example the sakexe. Most of private server already renamed their sakexe. If it is, its fine to install it on kRO folder. If its not, install it somewhere, rename it.
ya but that tends to happen to people alot

which i why i just suggest moving them into two separate directories if your not 100% what your doing ^^;

LightHaze

@JJJ

Ur suggestion waste space. >.>

So you have to options to chose for the thread start =D.

Pandora

Having them in 2 separate folder is usually cleaner, if you can spare the space, if not it is doable in the same folder.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Poobey

It takes alot of room, but sure you can have two different directories. It is also just as good in one, I played two private servers simultaneously and had no problems. The same should account for iRO and whatever you'd like to play.