[Recruitment] Looking for Reviewers for the Team

Started by Usagimimi, Aug 09, 2012, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usagimimi

Yeah, I've been really inactive. I won't be able to do reviews for some time now either. I just got out of a physically and emotionally abusive relationship that involved the death threats, the police and a broken 2,000$ computer. I was using that, obviously, to review and do videos, since its i7 processor and RAM was high enough to support running multiple tasks at once.

This is my current computer:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-One-D270-26Dbb-Netbook.73534.0.html

I manually upgraded it to 2GB, but those specs make it pretty obvious that even just running RO, I lag a bit. It's not built for gaming, thus the "netbook." I don't want to wrongly label servers as laggy, unavailable, etc. because my netbook isn't actually able to run RO 100% itself. That would be wrong, misleading and unfair.

However, I do envision picking up the project later down the road when I buy a new computer. yC keeps bugging me to buy a new PC, yet she never offers to finance it lol :P As if I have 1,500$+ coming out my bum.

But I'm glad to see people interested in the project! I hope to become more involved, but since I can't actually contribute at this moment, I don't know what to do other than monitor and direct, if that.

Yukino

Oh Yusi! >< You've been through a lot... I hope everything is better on your side now.

Lol, your old computer is better than my current one XD. i5 still, but I love my graphics card <3 [Ultrabook, dedicated graphics card, for under $750]. Stopped using PCs for a while...

You really like Belldandy now haha~ The series was pretty interesting for me =D. And, it's good to have you back!
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Fruit Pie~

Jesus Christ an i7. How much RAM? That sounds like a stupidly overpowered computer for recording RO videos in relatively low resolution.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your recording software setup?

The new computer isn't up to par, yes, but the other one seems to have gone above and beyond the call of duty. Is there no cheap-ish middle ground?

Usagimimi

It was my gaming PC in general. I had it before I started doing recordings. Had that PC since '10.

I upgraded it from 4GB to 8GB myself after purchasing (DDR3). It had a Tier-2 laptop graphics card (Radeon 5700 or something). I still have it and am hoping to be able to salvage at least the RAM out of it, but he pretty much trashed the poor thing. The screen is popped out and keys are missing :(

But yeah, definitely did not buy it for recordings XD I bought it for the Sims 3 mostly because my older PC had a poor graphics chip and couldn't run the expansions simultaneously, even for the Sims 2.

I actually posted my PC somewhere on the board in Off Topic. Will find that post. I don't remember the processor other than the i7 bit.

x

I think it was purged. Topic was old :(

Juggernacho

Sorry to hear that, Yusi. I hope things only get better for you from here on.

I don't know a whole lot about computers, so I can't say much here. My laptop has intel i5, and it works good for gaming for me.

I think I gotta re-learn how to download servers. At this point, it's definitely my fault downloads aren't working. Though it doesn't help that some servers don't have any download guides, or they have crappy guides that don't help. /pif
Anyways, my family's getting ready to move, so I likely won't be able to do any reviews any time soon.
Sing like it's the last song you'll ever sing.

Because I'm about to cast Lex Divina on you!

Usagimimi

QuoteThough it doesn't help that some servers don't have any download guides, or they have crappy guides that don't help. /pif

Something you can mention in the review, most definitely :)

I think I found a nice Dell that's pretty much my old PC... A little less powerful (i7 but no turbo, lower cache and RPM), but it'll definitely be sufficient. Graphics Card is better since it's newer, so that makes up for it IMO. Can't buy it anytime soon, though.

Went to the PC place and they told me that it'd be cheaper to get ^ that one (1,000$ after tax, but more if financed (interest)) than to repair my PC... So... :( Very disappointing news.

Juggernacho

Oh my, this got bumped down to the second forum page? Well that just won't do! Not at all, I say!

Who amongst you shall join the fabulously over-glorified world of the FIRST Reviewers!?

Yukino

Juggernacho

Yuki~ I wanna play ragnarok, but my server is down for maintenance.
I just wanna deal with some unfinished business, then hunt for a new server.  /sob

And did you see what I asked in the FIRST shoutbox?

Yukino

Aw =/... It'll be back up soon! I just checked the shoutbox, and I commented there =D.

But yep, we can definitely get more reviews kicked off!

Juggernacho

Yeah, I finally got around to checking and saw it.

Well, I picked which one I'm doing. Got any in mind that you might wanna check?  /?

Juggernacho

I made a guild emblem design for FIRST!! Now we just need someone that can make it into an emblem while still keeping the design.
Spoiler

[close]

Triper

Not anymore. I had some free time so I made it xD

It doesn't have the detail of the original because of the limitations of working on such a small canvas but I hope it's good enough.

Juggernacho