ShiningMoon RO Warning to all new players thinking of playing on this server.

Started by kiryutokogami, Jun 02, 2021, 11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOONOOR

just take the L and move on dude....you already lost the time you donate to a server without doing extensive research about how most player except lunar friends circle feel about what happen around the server...hope you find better server or other mmo in your next adventure

kiryutokogami

Quote from: LOONOOR on Jun 03, 2021, 11:49 PM
just take the L and move on dude....you already lost the time you donate to a server without doing extensive research about how most player except lunar friends circle feel about what happen around the server...hope you find better server or other mmo in your next adventure

thanks man! yea i mean im not mad about the money, the time investment maybe a little. I just hate that they were advertising the server as a server that has 100-200 people online without factoring vendors where in reality its like 100 people online and 60-70 of them are vendors lol. Atleast that's what it looks like for when i was playing the game. Barely any people in maps and same people doing the end game custom dungeon.

But yea hopefully this serves as a warning to those who wants to play ragnarok in a non casual way :)

Quote from: risy on Jun 03, 2021, 06:09 PM
Hi! I've been playing SMRO on and off since a month after it opened. I know Lunar well, especially after playing so long on the server. I have his phone number and email but yet I didn't receive a single MVP card from him nor the ECA event. My two MVP cards were obtained from actually playing the game. How did I get my high end gear? Farming zeny + donating allowed me to purchase gear from other players.

I'm really confused as to where you got the idea from that he gives his "friends" MVP cards. Can you explain how you came to that conclusion? Where is the evidence?

Like I've said, maybe its just an amazingly beautiful coincidence that most players who knew lunar and are friends with lunar have all their gears slotted with MVP cards. You said you were on and off, maybe you were off when he was handling them? or maybe I am lying and it really is just a big coincidence :D but ill let the people decide on that one. I mean not all of us are idiots who can't come up with their own conclusions regarding that one. All I'm saying is that when his friends got their mvp cards, he then cancelled the eca event so  newer players cant catch up :D or who knows maybe he traded them directly the mvp cards but no proof means i cant prove it. So it's all speculations.

it doesnt change the underlying issues of the end game content not being accessible to new players though. Just want to let people know before they try the server so they wont go in with the same expectations that i have.
Quote from: Lai on Jun 03, 2021, 04:59 PM
Nah it's fine.
I believe in you.

Erm if you like kRO progression server... I'd love to become your friend  /lv
I play in kRO actively, have a Shadow Chaser and now just recently turned a Inquisitor to 200.

kiryutokogami  /kis

for sure man! I am testing another server currently and will post my review once I get a hang of things. This one looks promising as i can tell it already has more population in it. Just by the number of people im meeting in town and in leveling areas. Not sure about the end game yet though.

Riri

Quote from: kiryutokogami on Jun 03, 2021, 04:47 PM

Come check the server and see for yourself :D I read somewhere too that it has around 200-300 players at all times but when i started playing, i barely see any players on the leveling map. Like 2-3 people at most. and the custom end game dungeon only 1 party runs it. I tried making a group of new players to tackle it but sadly, most new players quit halfway when they already realized that the population on this server isnt that great.  It's one of the contributing factors as to why only a group of individuals controls the server economy.  Population is so small there's barely any competition hence, the small group of owner's friends can dictate the price of the market and they make sure everything is priced at an absurd rate.

You are wrong. I am not salty about spending 400$ on a server I barely know. It's not like its a big deal for me. 400$ is small compared to what i spent on other servers and im not complaining about that.  I just stated that donating 400$ would not get you the best gears on this server as a basis on how ridiculously expensive things are in the server because of less population and owner making the wrong decisions to make it more accessible to newer players.

Youre right about the community being great. Whenever I asked questions on #main i immediately get answers from the same people. Theyre helpful on providing new informations on new players and such. Like I've said on my first post, the journey to end game is amazing and i have no qualms about it.

The main problem on this server is its retention of playerbase and new players.  After new players get to max level, farmed their automatic gears etc. Min maxing  is the next step. How do you min max? MVP cards, refining your geaers, getting the perfect enchants.

With Lunar's friends playing all decked out with the best enchants, MVP cards on almost all slots, upgraded to +16 and above gears. There's just no way to compete with them. Sure you can farm HTF and other instances that has an insanely low drop rate of mvp cards. One good MVP card costs around 15b and above. That's a lot of HTF runs lol.

I cant pretty much  say anything about how the custom end game content is atm since that's the only thing I never experienced while playing in the server, because as I have said, based on my observation during my play time, only 1 party runs the end game instance and that party is a static group already so there's no way for me to squeeze in for a run and get a chance to try it.

I disagree with 150-200 active players though, during my leveling experience, there are like 2-3 people on the map and most of the time, I am the only person in the map. If what youre saying has any hint of truth in it, it shouldnt be that hard to look for leveling parties / end game  content parties. 150-200 people is plenty. But how about you  log in right now and  try and make a pit group with random people, not with your close friends, but with just random people and see how long it takes you to fill it up, that is if you can even fill it up.

The end game content right now is only accessible to veteran players and MVP hunting is only for those who are able to take advantage of ECA event / Friends of lunar who was given their MVPs and pls dont deny this lol. Every server has this issue not just  SMRO. its just that its more noticeable here because of the lack of population. Other servers also do this I am sure but they can get away with it because more players play thus these players can group up and be a competiting force vs the players who are given items by owner. But who knows, maybe its just a coincidence that the people who are close  to the owner of this server are the ones who have almost all their gears slotted with MVP cards. :D What a coincidence :D

Anyways, arguing with the veterans of this server really isnt contributing much to this review. This is from the point of view of a newer player. Ofcourse as veterans you will have some biases on the server as youve already took advantage of the event or you're already close with the owner to get certain special privileges that your experience significantly varies from a newcomer's perspective.

But for those who are wanting to try this server. Feel free and check it out. The issues ive listed here arent really hard to prove and you can feel it in a week or maybe a week and a half time of playing. you can even do little experiments to prove this like

while your leveling, try doing LFg and see how many people will join you
Go to vend area and see how many merchants belong to only 1 person. These are the limited individuals who controls end game instance thus only them have access to min maxing items
hit 200 and try joining a pit run via LFG or making your own party (its a  waste of time but atleast you can see it for yourself)
try going to different MVP maps and see who killed the boss ( only the same individuals because no matter how hard to try and camp it as well, they just out damage you with their full MVP slotted gears)

You and your delusions mister, I for one farmed all 70% of the mvps I own, some were gifts from friends, and some were bought from players and to give you an idea, I farm very casually. Ever heard of MVP camping? If not I'll teach you. Its all about competition if you are slow then you won't reach to kill it. If you have bad warps you give up on it simple as that, you spam convex on the last minute so you are ahead of those who cannot spam(burn convexes u can re-farm them anyway as someone said cash shop items here are farmable so what's your problem mister?). Now let me tell you just how much did you even camp mvps to complain? you talk as if every single mvp came from ECA from all your complaints. Besides it is true that the prices of rare mvps are too much but they are priced that way cause people are willing to pay for them so what can you do about that? Lets be honest here you probably never camped and only complained, I have been competing with other people for mvps, and the experience of winning and getting an mvp card is something you won't understand. I also dropped a few mvps from central lab as spoken by a few people here. The people here, even took the time to give you "TIPS" and I'm giving you more now. So let's cut to the chase of the real issue here don't even reply to me if you cannot provide an adequate answer. Now let me ask who are these people that you accused of getting mvps from GMS? please drop names already and screenshots (PROOOF PLEASE stop barking) if you got no proof, and all you do is complain then sorry to you and thanks for wasting our time.  /pif

I wrote this to you because your insults on people's efforts in camping mvps and accusing the GM(s) for whatever nonsense you can think off. If you don't want to play the game simply because people are highly competitive in MVP camping then look for a dead server where the mvps are always alive, Tsk. (EVEN A PERSON I INVITED TO THE GAME COULD COMPETE WITH "MAXED GEARED END GAME MVP HUNTERS" ALL YOU NEED IS "BIG BRAINS".)  /ok

MewMieux

Quote from: kiryutokogami on Jun 03, 2021, 04:47 PM

Come check the server and see for yourself :D I read somewhere too that it has around 200-300 players at all times but when i started playing, i barely see any players on the leveling map. Like 2-3 people at most. and the custom end game dungeon only 1 party runs it. I tried making a group of new players to tackle it but sadly, most new players quit halfway when they already realized that the population on this server isnt that great.  It's one of the contributing factors as to why only a group of individuals controls the server economy.  Population is so small there's barely any competition hence, the small group of owner's friends can dictate the price of the market and they make sure everything is priced at an absurd rate.

You are wrong. I am not salty about spending 400$ on a server I barely know. It's not like its a big deal for me. 400$ is small compared to what i spent on other servers and im not complaining about that.  I just stated that donating 400$ would not get you the best gears on this server as a basis on how ridiculously expensive things are in the server because of less population and owner making the wrong decisions to make it more accessible to newer players.

Youre right about the community being great. Whenever I asked questions on #main i immediately get answers from the same people. Theyre helpful on providing new informations on new players and such. Like I've said on my first post, the journey to end game is amazing and i have no qualms about it.

The main problem on this server is its retention of playerbase and new players.  After new players get to max level, farmed their automatic gears etc. Min maxing  is the next step. How do you min max? MVP cards, refining your geaers, getting the perfect enchants.

With Lunar's friends playing all decked out with the best enchants, MVP cards on almost all slots, upgraded to +16 and above gears. There's just no way to compete with them. Sure you can farm HTF and other instances that has an insanely low drop rate of mvp cards. One good MVP card costs around 15b and above. That's a lot of HTF runs lol.

I cant pretty much  say anything about how the custom end game content is atm since that's the only thing I never experienced while playing in the server, because as I have said, based on my observation during my play time, only 1 party runs the end game instance and that party is a static group already so there's no way for me to squeeze in for a run and get a chance to try it.

I disagree with 150-200 active players though, during my leveling experience, there are like 2-3 people on the map and most of the time, I am the only person in the map. If what youre saying has any hint of truth in it, it shouldnt be that hard to look for leveling parties / end game  content parties. 150-200 people is plenty. But how about you  log in right now and  try and make a pit group with random people, not with your close friends, but with just random people and see how long it takes you to fill it up, that is if you can even fill it up.

The end game content right now is only accessible to veteran players and MVP hunting is only for those who are able to take advantage of ECA event / Friends of lunar who was given their MVPs and pls dont deny this lol. Every server has this issue not just  SMRO. its just that its more noticeable here because of the lack of population. Other servers also do this I am sure but they can get away with it because more players play thus these players can group up and be a competiting force vs the players who are given items by owner. But who knows, maybe its just a coincidence that the people who are close  to the owner of this server are the ones who have almost all their gears slotted with MVP cards. :D What a coincidence :D

Anyways, arguing with the veterans of this server really isnt contributing much to this review. This is from the point of view of a newer player. Ofcourse as veterans you will have some biases on the server as youve already took advantage of the event or you're already close with the owner to get certain special privileges that your experience significantly varies from a newcomer's perspective.

But for those who are wanting to try this server. Feel free and check it out. The issues ive listed here arent really hard to prove and you can feel it in a week or maybe a week and a half time of playing. you can even do little experiments to prove this like

while your leveling, try doing LFg and see how many people will join you
Go to vend area and see how many merchants belong to only 1 person. These are the limited individuals who controls end game instance thus only them have access to min maxing items
hit 200 and try joining a pit run via LFG or making your own party (its a  waste of time but atleast you can see it for yourself)
try going to different MVP maps and see who killed the boss ( only the same individuals because no matter how hard to try and camp it as well, they just out damage you with their full MVP slotted gears)

I need you to understand that you have cause and effect completely backwards. These players you keep mentioning with seething envy in your core are not so powerful and decked out because they are Lunar's friends. They've become friends with Lunar because they've been such active players, and naturally interacted with him a lot. They're not so powerful because they're Lunar's friends. They're Lunar's friends because they put in the time to become powerful.

You say the MVP card drop rates are low, and I mean, they are, but that's pretty normal? That's the standard? Not really following you on the issue here. I

You keep saying that you never got to run Pit or Ruins, because there was no room in the static, or whatever. First of all: That's straight up not true. There's always people looking for members in statics. Every time. If you want to say they're never looking for the specific class you chose, I mean, yeah, that may well be true. Some jobs are more popular than others. But I know plenty of people run those pretty often. Whenever they can, really. I've actually had the opposite problem, really. People keep inviting me when I don't have time to play  /heh

I literally ran pit today. Probably around when you posted this message. I didn't know half the people in the group. I didn't even know we were running it. I just got told to leave my party, and suddenly we were raiding, lmao. This kind of thing happens often here. I'm sorry you never got that experience.

I can tell you, however, with absolute certainty, that what you're saying is simply not true, however. No MVP card is necessary for any end-game content. I know, because I've run all of it, and I don't use any MVP cards. I have some, but they're collecting dust in storage, since they're not useful to the classes I play. And what the hell do you mean "please don't deny this", I'm telling you that's just not the case. There have been GMs here in the past who tried to cheat, and they were immediately caught and thrown out! Lunar just isn't like that. He's a lot of things, but he's not corrupt. That you refuse to believe this speaks entirely to your own character, not his.

Again, you're confusing cause with effect. Those people who have nice gear weren't given it by Lunar. They're just the people who've stuck around long enough to have nice gear, and who've thus been exposed to Lunar the most. Of course you'd naturally make friends with people you're near.

And I'm hammering you so hard on this very specifically because I'm not a veteran player. I only joined in, like, April. I was really shy when I joined and didn't reach out to people, and I was very lonely. Someone saw me saying so on the Discord and immediately invited me to her guild, and I haven't wanted for much of anything since. I even made a Booster character right out the gate like a fool, and people still did their best to help me. Even when I was a whiney baby about things. I've literally never even seen an ECA before.

Your experience is by no means universal. Quite the contrary. You say these other servers have all these issues too. But you're the common factor here. It really does feel like the problem here is you, man  /hmm

Immortalflamingheart

Wow, I can't believe you spent $400 and still suck. Maybe you're doing something wrong or you just suck at this game.  /heh

I guess you're the type of player that thinks if you pay good amount of $$$$ you'll have a very large advantage over others, not just in progression but also in damage output and now you are whining cause SMRO is not like that (in some sort). LMFAO

Stop spouting non sense and provide some proofs or maybe you just heard those allegations from jealous players that can't compete with active MvP hunters around and are just spouting non sense like you coz no matter how much you spend, you still suck at the game?  /heh

Proves to me that you have no skill in the game at all and is just purely a spender.  /ok

vohoangquan1996

you do realize even with the 90% damage reduction Mvps still die in second with the avarage gear right? just GITGUD

kiryutokogami

Quote from: Immortalflamingheart on Jun 04, 2021, 04:40 AM
Wow, I can't believe you spent $400 and still suck. Maybe you're doing something wrong or you just suck at this game.  /heh

I guess you're the type of player that thinks if you pay good amount of $$$$ you'll have a very large advantage over others, not just in progression but also in damage output and now you are whining cause SMRO is not like that (in some sort). LMFAO

Stop spouting non sense and provide some proofs or maybe you just heard those allegations from jealous players that can't compete with active MvP hunters around and are just spouting non sense like you coz no matter how much you spend, you still suck at the game?  /heh

Proves to me that you have no skill in the game at all and is just purely a spender.  /ok

Aside from lunar giving mvp cards to his friends, every issue i have said here can be easily proven just by logging into the game :)

Quote from: Riri on Jun 04, 2021, 12:22 AM
You and your delusions mister, I for one farmed all 70% of the mvps I own, some were gifts from friends

some were gift from friends? hmmm is it the server owner? Please be careful of what you say :)

Quote from: MewMieux on Jun 04, 2021, 01:50 AM
I need you to understand that you have cause and effect completely backwards. These players you keep mentioning with seething envy in your core are not so powerful and decked out because they are Lunar's friends. They've become friends with Lunar because they've been such active players, and naturally interacted with him a lot. They're not so powerful because they're Lunar's friends. They're Lunar's friends because they put in the time to become powerful.

You say the MVP card drop rates are low, and I mean, they are, but that's pretty normal? That's the standard? Not really following you on the issue here. I

You keep saying that you never got to run Pit or Ruins, because there was no room in the static, or whatever. First of all: That's straight up not true. There's always people looking for members in statics. Every time. If you want to say they're never looking for the specific class you chose, I mean, yeah, that may well be true. Some jobs are more popular than others. But I know plenty of people run those pretty often. Whenever they can, really. I've actually had the opposite problem, really. People keep inviting me when I don't have time to play  /heh

I literally ran pit today. Probably around when you posted this message. I didn't know half the people in the group. I didn't even know we were running it. I just got told to leave my party, and suddenly we were raiding, lmao. This kind of thing happens often here. I'm sorry you never got that experience.

I can tell you, however, with absolute certainty, that what you're saying is simply not true, however. No MVP card is necessary for any end-game content. I know, because I've run all of it, and I don't use any MVP cards. I have some, but they're collecting dust in storage, since they're not useful to the classes I play. And what the hell do you mean "please don't deny this", I'm telling you that's just not the case. There have been GMs here in the past who tried to cheat, and they were immediately caught and thrown out! Lunar just isn't like that. He's a lot of things, but he's not corrupt. That you refuse to believe this speaks entirely to your own character, not his.

Again, you're confusing cause with effect. Those people who have nice gear weren't given it by Lunar. They're just the people who've stuck around long enough to have nice gear, and who've thus been exposed to Lunar the most. Of course you'd naturally make friends with people you're near.

And I'm hammering you so hard on this very specifically because I'm not a veteran player. I only joined in, like, April. I was really shy when I joined and didn't reach out to people, and I was very lonely. Someone saw me saying so on the Discord and immediately invited me to her guild, and I haven't wanted for much of anything since. I even made a Booster character right out the gate like a fool, and people still did their best to help me. Even when I was a whiney baby about things. I've literally never even seen an ECA before.

Your experience is by no means universal. Quite the contrary. You say these other servers have all these issues too. But you're the common factor here. It really does feel like the problem here is you, man  /hmm

Sure they put in the time and effort :)  Maybe they're super lucky that all the mvp cards just happened to drop for them despite the droprate being 0.1% :D While others who started the same time as them who are not close with lunar doesnt have it drop for them. Anyways these allegations i have no proof so lets drop it and i admit im just assuming things. Let's just hypothetically say that the people who happens to be close to lunar managed to be lucky and hit the 0.1 - 0.3% drop chance on every single MVPs they hunted and those who are not close with lunar are just plain unlucky because 0.1% - 0.3% drop chance is very low rate

It doesnt change the fact that right now, there's only 1 pit party going on in the server and as you've said, you got invited to it because you know half of them :P As a new player though the perspective is a little different because you dont know ALL of them and they dont know you. 

When you have your end game gears, the only thing left is to min max. With the decked out on MVP cards players camping MVP spawns, youre only option to get  MVP cards to  atleast be a competition versus them is via bloody branch. Where can you efficiently farm BB? that's right! the end game custom dungeon which only 1 group controls. Only if you manage to get into that group are you able to atleast get a chance to farm BB and most of the time, that group doesnt have room for new players.

It also doesnt change the fact that the economy of the server is being controlled by that group as well since only they can easily farm Bsbs Bbs and  other neccessary items for min maxing your builds.

To be honest, the only solution i can think of for this is to have more players, newer players who can group up and tackle the custom end game as well. But the thing is, because of all the issues that i have stated on my first post, Most newer players are immediately put off and hates the system.

By the amount of veteran players here defending the server is proving my point more and more. Are you guys afraid that if the system changes  you guys wont get to control the market anymore that's why you want it to stay as it is? Here I am, stating the issues that makes this server bad for newer players and you guys are denying it? IF you guys really love the server and want it to be more succesful you should instead acknowledge the problems and improve it. In the end, you defending the server only serves 1 purpose and that is so the mentioned group of people who monopolizes the economy will still be able to monopolize the economy.

shiningMoonFan

OP I think you're done here, the more you make up baseless claims the worse your review looks and you're just whining.  Truth is you hit the nail on the head as to why exactly shining moon has no players, and only the big whales are still around to control the market.  I put a lot of time into the server too only to have it ripped away by the ECA event.  The refine event is trash too, just makes it so you have to save up your crap to refine. Just cut your losses and move on, something that could have been great is destined to rot in obscurity.

MewMieux

Quote from: kiryutokogami on Jun 04, 2021, 12:26 PM

Sure they put in the time and effort :)  Maybe they're super lucky that all the mvp cards just happened to drop for them despite the droprate being 0.1% :D While others who started the same time as them who are not close with lunar doesnt have it drop for them. Anyways these allegations i have no proof so lets drop it and i admit im just assuming things. Let's just hypothetically say that the people who happens to be close to lunar managed to be lucky and hit the 0.1 - 0.3% drop chance on every single MVPs they hunted and those who are not close with lunar are just plain unlucky because 0.1% - 0.3% drop chance is very low rate

It doesnt change the fact that right now, there's only 1 pit party going on in the server and as you've said, you got invited to it because you know half of them :P As a new player though the perspective is a little different because you dont know ALL of them and they dont know you. 

When you have your end game gears, the only thing left is to min max. With the decked out on MVP cards players camping MVP spawns, youre only option to get  MVP cards to  atleast be a competition versus them is via bloody branch. Where can you efficiently farm BB? that's right! the end game custom dungeon which only 1 group controls. Only if you manage to get into that group are you able to atleast get a chance to farm BB and most of the time, that group doesnt have room for new players.

It also doesnt change the fact that the economy of the server is being controlled by that group as well since only they can easily farm Bsbs Bbs and  other neccessary items for min maxing your builds.

To be honest, the only solution i can think of for this is to have more players, newer players who can group up and tackle the custom end game as well. But the thing is, because of all the issues that i have stated on my first post, Most newer players are immediately put off and hates the system.

By the amount of veteran players here defending the server is proving my point more and more. Are you guys afraid that if the system changes  you guys wont get to control the market anymore that's why you want it to stay as it is? Here I am, stating the issues that makes this server bad for newer players and you guys are denying it? IF you guys really love the server and want it to be more succesful you should instead acknowledge the problems and improve it. In the end, you defending the server only serves 1 purpose and that is so the mentioned group of people who monopolizes the economy will still be able to monopolize the economy.

(Emphasis mine)

The usual drop rate on MVP cards is not 0.1%. It's certainly not 0.3%. The standard drop rate of an MVP card on official servers isn't 0.1%. It's 0.01%. That's one in ten thousand. The base drop rate of MVP cards on our server is 0.04%. That's 1/2500. Which, yes, is still quite low. However, there are numerous ways to increase this. Many MVPs can be encountered in Instances. This includes any and all Bloody Branch MVPs. Instances can be run on SMRO at higher difficulty levels. At the current highest, damage is reduced to 1/10th, and drop rates are doubled. Characters who achieve level 175 at 1x rates also receive a +50% bonus to drop rates. Double drop events are quite common on SMRO. And several items and equipment can also increase drop-rates, several of which are possible to include even in end-game builds. And that's before you factor in HE Bubblegum, which is easily accessible to all players for a very easily attainable sum. Right now, there's a double-drop event. So my regular, field drop rate with no Bubblegum on MVP cards is 0.13%. With Gum and in a Hell-mode instance, this goes up significantly. But even without gum, that would still be around 0.25%, which is 1/400. That's pretty high, when you consider that most end-game players are going to be taking advantage and running instances which have useful MVPs in them. And again, reaching that "end-game state" is not nearly as difficult as you're making it out to be. It took me a little over a month of very casual playing and I took my sweet time doing so. Other players who put nose to grindstone did so in just two weeks. You're viewing the number as being "low" because you're not looking at it holistically. The odds of you getting an individual MVP card just by running an instance once? Very low. The odds of 40 players all running multiple instances a day during event, that one of them gets at least one card? Incredibly high. Almost inevitable.

You keep saying there's only one pit party, but I've been in several. There were only three or four of the same people this time as last time. And much the same with Ruins. You keep saying that, but it's simply not true. Also the people that did overlap are super nice and I'm very pleased to consider them to be my friends! That could have been your experience too, but you opted for this instead.

You also keep saying that's the only way to farm MVPs, but that's also not true? Even if you discount Instances with specific MVPs that are short and easy to access (Such as Room of Consciousness for Bijou, which is a card I got soloing), Central Lab and Infinite Space are both soloable on Hell mode fairly easily, and Wolfchev's Laboratory is easily done at higher difficulties (though not necessarily hell) with easily attainable gear. What's more, these are all possible to do once per day per character. If you ran JUST THOSE during an event, that's 5 different MVPs all at 1/400 odds, once per day, per character (and actually I lied. Infinite Space can be done 2-4 times a day), you'd all but inevitably stumble upon one or two MVP cards eventually. And that's discounting Instances like Endless Tower and Endless Cellar, which have tens of MVPS, many of which are valuable, which can also be run on hard mode. Those have slightly longer cooldowns, but can still be done by each character you have.

Furthermore, the items you're opining are only attainable via Pit are...not? BSBs and BBs are given out to every player as a matter of course via the Daily Rewards? What's more, you also get Moonlight Coins every day the same way, which can be accumulated and used in the Slot Machine, which also has a decent chance of giving, that's right, BSBs and BBs. In fact, most players I know who have huge numbers of BSBs and BBs got them from saving up MLCs and then using the special slot during events, not from farming Pit.

Every assumption you've made is flatly incorrect. That's the simple truth. Everything you say is easily refuted by simple evidence. To reiterate, I am a new player, same as you. And I had more of an uphill battle because I didn't have four hundred dollars to throw at this old game. You had every advantage, but you still couldn't muster it. I'm not arguing with you because I stand to lose something. I'm arguing with you because you're bold-facedly lying and undeniably mistaken. What you're saying is categorically untrue.

Are there problems in this server? Absolutely. There's several. Many of which are actively being addressed, and others that I've had the opportunity to discuss with the staff. Some problems were on me. And some things will hopefully be changed in the future. But don't act like you're here out of benevolence. That's flagrantly untrue and ridiculous of you to suggest. You came here to b****[/i]. You came here to b**** about the weird conclusions you came to about how things have to be, because you are, plainly, unable to reconcile that you are the problem. Sorry man. Better luck next time.

kiryutokogami

Quote from: shiningMoonFan on Jun 04, 2021, 03:41 PM
OP I think you're done here, the more you make up baseless claims the worse your review looks and you're just whining.  Truth is you hit the nail on the head as to why exactly shining moon has no players, and only the big whales are still around to control the market.  I put a lot of time into the server too only to have it ripped away by the ECA event.  The refine event is trash too, just makes it so you have to save up your crap to refine. Just cut your losses and move on, something that could have been great is destined to rot in obscurity.

Im glad you get my point about the big whales controlling the entire market except its just not the big whales but also the one group that does pit and gm close circle of friends that controls mvp cards.

Quote from: MewMieux on Jun 04, 2021, 07:43 PM
(Emphasis mine)

The usual drop rate on MVP cards is not 0.1%. It's certainly not 0.3%. The standard drop rate of an MVP card on official servers isn't 0.1%. It's 0.01%. That's one in ten thousand. The base drop rate of MVP cards on our server is 0.04%. That's 1/2500. Which, yes, is still quite low. However, there are numerous ways to increase this. Many MVPs can be encountered in Instances. This includes any and all Bloody Branch MVPs. Instances can be run on SMRO at higher difficulty levels. At the current highest, damage is reduced to 1/10th, and drop rates are doubled. Characters who achieve level 175 at 1x rates also receive a +50% bonus to drop rates. Double drop events are quite common on SMRO. And several items and equipment can also increase drop-rates, several of which are possible to include even in end-game builds. And that's before you factor in HE Bubblegum, which is easily accessible to all players for a very easily attainable sum. Right now, there's a double-drop event. So my regular, field drop rate with no Bubblegum on MVP cards is 0.13%. With Gum and in a Hell-mode instance, this goes up significantly. But even without gum, that would still be around 0.25%, which is 1/400. That's pretty high, when you consider that most end-game players are going to be taking advantage and running instances which have useful MVPs in them. And again, reaching that "end-game state" is not nearly as difficult as you're making it out to be. It took me a little over a month of very casual playing and I took my sweet time doing so. Other players who put nose to grindstone did so in just two weeks. You're viewing the number as being "low" because you're not looking at it holistically. The odds of you getting an individual MVP card just by running an instance once? Very low. The odds of 40 players all running multiple instances a day during event, that one of them gets at least one card? Incredibly high. Almost inevitable.

You keep saying there's only one pit party, but I've been in several. There were only three or four of the same people this time as last time. And much the same with Ruins. You keep saying that, but it's simply not true. Also the people that did overlap are super nice and I'm very pleased to consider them to be my friends! That could have been your experience too, but you opted for this instead.

You also keep saying that's the only way to farm MVPs, but that's also not true? Even if you discount Instances with specific MVPs that are short and easy to access (Such as Room of Consciousness for Bijou, which is a card I got soloing), Central Lab and Infinite Space are both soloable on Hell mode fairly easily, and Wolfchev's Laboratory is easily done at higher difficulties (though not necessarily hell) with easily attainable gear. What's more, these are all possible to do once per day per character. If you ran JUST THOSE during an event, that's 5 different MVPs all at 1/400 odds, once per day, per character (and actually I lied. Infinite Space can be done 2-4 times a day), you'd all but inevitably stumble upon one or two MVP cards eventually. And that's discounting Instances like Endless Tower and Endless Cellar, which have tens of MVPS, many of which are valuable, which can also be run on hard mode. Those have slightly longer cooldowns, but can still be done by each character you have.

Furthermore, the items you're opining are only attainable via Pit are...not? BSBs and BBs are given out to every player as a matter of course via the Daily Rewards? What's more, you also get Moonlight Coins every day the same way, which can be accumulated and used in the Slot Machine, which also has a decent chance of giving, that's right, BSBs and BBs. In fact, most players I know who have huge numbers of BSBs and BBs got them from saving up MLCs and then using the special slot during events, not from farming Pit.

Every assumption you've made is flatly incorrect. That's the simple truth. Everything you say is easily refuted by simple evidence. To reiterate, I am a new player, same as you. And I had more of an uphill battle because I didn't have four hundred dollars to throw at this old game. You had every advantage, but you still couldn't muster it. I'm not arguing with you because I stand to lose something. I'm arguing with you because you're bold-facedly lying and undeniably mistaken. What you're saying is categorically untrue.

Are there problems in this server? Absolutely. There's several. Many of which are actively being addressed, and others that I've had the opportunity to discuss with the staff. Some problems were on me. And some things will hopefully be changed in the future. But don't act like you're here out of benevolence. That's flagrantly untrue and ridiculous of you to suggest. You came here to b****[/i]. You came here to b**** about the weird conclusions you came to about how things have to be, because you are, plainly, unable to reconcile that you are the problem. Sorry man. Better luck next time.

The instances mvps are different from what im talking about. I am talking about gioia (which spawns on central lab instance but with 1 month of doing it on 4 characters daily i only encountered once) bio5 mvps, jewgo, and other field only mvps.

Lol! 3-4 parties? Are you sure youre playing on helheim? Hahaha! Just by joining the discord under LFG and you can see other people looking for pit parties that just falls into deaf ears. Check it right now and scroll up and see for yourself.

Sure you can get daily bsb and bbs from logging in. But im not sure if you tried refining your armors to +14 and see how many bsbs you think you need to reach it. If not ill tell you, no less than 80-90 bsb if youre lucky during the event and how many do you get from the daily log in in a month? Around less than 20. How many Bbs do you roughly need to get an mvp drop? Around 300? A good mvp drop like kiel? Roughly more than 2k. How many do you get from logging in dailies? 10-20 a month? 

How many moonlight do you need to gather those bsbs and bbs to get a good mvp and bsb? Around 6k-8k when theres lucky slot event. How may do you get a day? Around 50 mlc.

How do you get more moonlight coins? End game group content drops BB bsbs fortessabox2 that contains them and moonlight bags.

But with only 1 party running. Only that static group gets to enjoy all the min maxing goodness :D

Mizutsune

Okay so I agree with you in how party was so hard to find since yeah we can`t deny it that we need new players. And most of all I do agree in how it is monopolized market (Since many didn`t want to farm or doesn`t bother) But How could you say Lunar giveaway MVP???? and really dude..... with only decent gear I can kill many MVP such as Kiel or Gioia in only few second as a SR or Ranger even.... and that didn`t even cost 400$ equipment dude. If you want MVP then camp it FFS. ECA is gone then accept it. Doesn`t mean you cannot farm MVP bruh..... You can gear your character easily and you can even make multi alts to spam instance and so on to get the MVP Card. And if you want Gioia then camp it FFS or do Central Lab. Even I as SR or Ranger without MVP Can kill this easily dude. The trick is just using Convex Mirror+Infinite Fly Wing WTF?? Those 2 are not even expensive my man. Also 400$ MC is enough to get you to end game. You can`t really expect MVP to be easily available for you. Even a veteran LITERALLY Camping it or spend their zeny to get that MVP......... You can literally get 20m++ each day just by doing HTF with 1 Character....... Also Lunar never was giving away MVP Card even for the veterans. THEY DID FARM IT BY THEMSELVES.... Seriously how did you even get this Idea of veterans being given away MVP Card by Lunar???? How did you even consider that??? and What is the proof? or anything based to support that claim of yours????

Alen

Pit Parties:
Bora's PT - FC/Mixed
Crowds - South America
Juice's PT - Malaysian
Fort Mercs/Infernals - Philippines
Wash Your Hands - Brazil

How do you think they made parties, bring their friends IRL? All made friends here and built parties along the way.
The problem in LFG is people only want to join, but don't want the responsibility of recruiting.   

Just a night ago there were 2 parties in pit at the same time. On the same night we couldn't fill the party with the many members in discord, and we had to recruit on main chat.

MVPs:

Of course the likes of Jewgo are expensive, they don't come from BBs or instances, and that's based on official.

No basis that Lunar closed ECA cause all his friends got cards, it's because kRO discontinued it.

So yeah, none of your statements make sense. At least base your statements on facts. There's been many generations of these endgame parties and bigtime MVP hunters then and now. Everyone started from scratch. If you want to do any of these things, it's possible with effort instead of, you know, complaining.

NJLA

Quote from: kiryutokogami on Jun 04, 2021, 12:26 PM

Aside from lunar giving mvp cards to his friends, every issue i have said here can be easily proven just by logging into the game :)

some were gift from friends? hmmm is it the server owner? Please be careful of what you say :)

Hi I'm a player from Crowds (the hispanic guild that "stole" the youtuber's save place, had a controversy with fc, bothered lunar with woe changes that didn't work and now no one plays woe...sorry about that one, but I have a char to play in every woe....except when they exploit class change, i get mad when that happens :c)

We are a guild that was created 2 years ago and, as you can read above, lunar doesn't like us very much tbh (idk if it's just me, maybe lunar actually likes us, if you are reading this lunar we love the server.......and plz forgive us if our jokes cause a big misunderstanding, we have no ill intentions really xD)

With that said most our members play since less than 2 years ago and the fact that they have mvps is that they farm non-stop bloody branches, instances, they mvp camp (but it's hard to do against the other players, like in every ro server I played) and do pit/ruins whenever they can which brings me to the next topic.

Look dude I am the pit/ruins organizer for Crowds and you know what? THE LAST 3 TIMES we tried to organize it, we were missing tank, ab, minstrel, wanderer, sura, mechanic, rk and bc no one answered in #lfg we couldn't start and the party died doing nothing. I know we do it very early, it was to not collide with bora's party time. I know the server had no updates for a while and that caused the player base to stop playing till something new comes (which is about to come in a few weeks). But that shows that there ARE slots for anyone if you build any of the classes above listed. We did not say that there were leech space sometimes but that's my fault for sorry.

And the market..... well it could be solved by having more players. Afraid of new players? We have had new players coming since last year, most of them also ended up with end game gear in like 2-3 months and some even got mvps by farming zeny/selling instance mats.

Back to the mvp cards, yeah lunar removed eca but it was kro official. I know most the mvps we got were from there, from farming cards till we were so tired that we never wanted to do endless or field farm ever again (tho some of our guild members even wanted to keep going.. they sure have stamina to farm x.x).

Most mvp cards are not that expensive, they are also not needed for end game content (but they are really helpful). Yeah gioia, himmel, bio5 cards and the like are ultra expensive but those are just for min max.
Farming 10-12b for things like kiel, grp without touching pit/ruins is doable, by selling mats from instances, varmeals and field materials. A guild mate who joined last year has been doing that and now he has tons of mvp (kiel, gloom, thana and many more).
4-6b for Thana, tgk, gloom and many more is even easier.
And cards like fbh, vesper, pharaoh are arround 400-600m
But if you are a lazy donkey like me it's pretty hard to farm constantly like that.

Idk how it was this bad for you, maybe you didn't have a guild to help you go instances or fortessa, in most ro servers it's like that, you need to join a guild to progress smoothly and reach end game content.

I have to confirm the fact that it's really intimidating playing when there are lots of veterans full geared only saving up for mvps but, isn't it like that everytime you play a old server?

That's all I have to say, sorry you couldn't find your place here in SM, but for me it has been a really fun place to hang out with old and new friends.

So don't just plainly say "Don't come to SM, it's bad and casual" we need new players to join and keep playing, don't scare them like that :c

Sorry if my english is bad or if it has some errors, my main language is spanish and I'm writing this from my cellphone (excuses ik).

TLDR:
Lunar didn't gave us the mvps, we farmed to get them (some more, some less).
There's space for pit and ruins (plz build a performer or a tank, they are good and needed to run these dungeons qwq)
And the market is as bad as always, you are right there, but you should have said in the OP: come to sm so we can fix the market together (?

Mensaje final para los que hablan español.
Vengan a shining moon, tenemos caramelos y una comunidad bien pacifica...aveces uwu.

Mensaje final para Lunar (yes in spanish).
Lunar devuelvenos las ECAS ;c.

kiryutokogami

Quote from: Mizutsune on Jun 05, 2021, 04:10 AM
Okay so I agree with you in how party was so hard to find since yeah we can`t deny it that we need new players. And most of all I do agree in how it is monopolized market (Since many didn`t want to farm or doesn`t bother) But How could you say Lunar giveaway MVP???? and really dude..... with only decent gear I can kill many MVP such as Kiel or Gioia in only few second as a SR or Ranger even.... and that didn`t even cost 400$ equipment dude. If you want MVP then camp it FFS. ECA is gone then accept it. Doesn`t mean you cannot farm MVP bruh..... You can gear your character easily and you can even make multi alts to spam instance and so on to get the MVP Card. And if you want Gioia then camp it FFS or do Central Lab. Even I as SR or Ranger without MVP Can kill this easily dude. The trick is just using Convex Mirror+Infinite Fly Wing WTF?? Those 2 are not even expensive my man. Also 400$ MC is enough to get you to end game. You can`t really expect MVP to be easily available for you. Even a veteran LITERALLY Camping it or spend their zeny to get that MVP......... You can literally get 20m++ each day just by doing HTF with 1 Character....... Also Lunar never was giving away MVP Card even for the veterans. THEY DID FARM IT BY THEMSELVES.... Seriously how did you even get this Idea of veterans being given away MVP Card by Lunar???? How did you even consider that??? and What is the proof? or anything based to support that claim of yours????

Yes you can easily farm MVPs with relatively average gear, but that is only IF you are the only one and you arent competing with other people who are fully slotted with MVP cards. Like if you try and hunt let's say Gioia, bio5 mvps, kiel etc right now. I am sure you can kill those with relative ease. But when the people who already have fully slotted mvp gears enters the picture, they will 100% out dps you and get the MVP for themselves.

And for sure they farm it themselves and got super lucky to hit jackpot on all the MVPs theyre hunting. Like one person said, the drop chance for an mvp drop is 1 out of 2500. Based on how that rate, you dont need to be a math wizard to see the probability of a very limited individuals to get all the Good MVP cards and stack up those cards. Considering some of the MVPs has 8hours respawn rate as well.

Let's create a hypothetical scenario. 10 people, all with equal gears, all without special privileges of being friends with the owner. All 10 the 10 players go out and hunt MVP cards with 1/2500 drop rate. Do you know the odds of out of those 10 people, 5 of them managed to get most if not all the MVP cards while leaving the other 5 in the dust? insanely miniscule. But what a coincidence that it happened on this server and what a coincidence that those 5 happened to be friends with the  GM  /heh /heh that's just a scenario though Im not saying there are only 5 people who are fully slotted with non instance good mvp drops in the server. I am sure owner has more than 5 friends  /ho but anyways lets just say that it really is just a coincidence and  lunar didnt help them. WOW what an amazing odds for those 5 players right?  They should play lottery irl or something with that luck. You have higher chances of winning the lottery than the scenario happening :D

Quote from: Alen on Jun 05, 2021, 07:51 AM
Pit Parties:
Bora's PT - FC/Mixed
Crowds - South America
Juice's PT - Malaysian
Fort Mercs/Infernals - Philippines
Wash Your Hands - Brazil

How do you think they made parties, bring their friends IRL? All made friends here and built parties along the way.
The problem in LFG is people only want to join, but don't want the responsibility of recruiting.   

Just a night ago there were 2 parties in pit at the same time. On the same night we couldn't fill the party with the many members in discord, and we had to recruit on main chat.

MVPs:

Of course the likes of Jewgo are expensive, they don't come from BBs or instances, and that's based on official.

No basis that Lunar closed ECA cause all his friends got cards, it's because kRO discontinued it.

So yeah, none of your statements make sense. At least base your statements on facts. There's been many generations of these endgame parties and bigtime MVP hunters then and now. Everyone started from scratch. If you want to do any of these things, it's possible with effort instead of, you know, complaining.

/hmm this just further proves my point btw. that end game parties are static and newer players wont be able to  tackle end game content unless they belong in these circles :D just by you being able to pin  point the parties just further proves my point about the static group that runs end game custom content and that's only accesible whoever belongs in their circle of friends list. and BTW the post below you just disproved your post so im n ot even sure if your opinion is valid at this point.  You put Crowd in there as one of the parties farming pit but the guy below is from Crowd and said they didnt manage to make a party lol! Now I wonder if those other parties were just made up too. Im not sure which party you mentioned had monopoly on pit loots, but nice try though! making it look like there's more than 1 party running :D

Again, check discord LFG list, there are new players looking for groups in pits but just fall on deaf ears because of the fixed static group. Nobody is even replying in that thread.

Quote from: NJLA on Jun 05, 2021, 12:44 PM
Hi I'm a player from Crowds (the hispanic guild that "stole" the youtuber's save place, had a controversy with fc, bothered lunar with woe changes that didn't work and now no one plays woe...sorry about that one, but I have a char to play in every woe....except when they exploit class change, i get mad when that happens :c)

We are a guild that was created 2 years ago and, as you can read above, lunar doesn't like us very much tbh (idk if it's just me, maybe lunar actually likes us, if you are reading this lunar we love the server.......and plz forgive us if our jokes cause a big misunderstanding, we have no ill intentions really xD)

With that said most our members play since less than 2 years ago and the fact that they have mvps is that they farm non-stop bloody branches, instances, they mvp camp (but it's hard to do against the other players, like in every ro server I played) and do pit/ruins whenever they can which brings me to the next topic.

Look dude I am the pit/ruins organizer for Crowds and you know what? THE LAST 3 TIMES we tried to organize it, we were missing tank, ab, minstrel, wanderer, sura, mechanic, rk and bc no one answered in #lfg we couldn't start and the party died doing nothing. I know we do it very early, it was to not collide with bora's party time. I know the server had no updates for a while and that caused the player base to stop playing till something new comes (which is about to come in a few weeks). But that shows that there ARE slots for anyone if you build any of the classes above listed. We did not say that there were leech space sometimes but that's my fault for sorry.

And the market..... well it could be solved by having more players. Afraid of new players? We have had new players coming since last year, most of them also ended up with end game gear in like 2-3 months and some even got mvps by farming zeny/selling instance mats.

Back to the mvp cards, yeah lunar removed eca but it was kro official. I know most the mvps we got were from there, from farming cards till we were so tired that we never wanted to do endless or field farm ever again (tho some of our guild members even wanted to keep going.. they sure have stamina to farm x.x).

Most mvp cards are not that expensive, they are also not needed for end game content (but they are really helpful). Yeah gioia, himmel, bio5 cards and the like are ultra expensive but those are just for min max.
Farming 10-12b for things like kiel, grp without touching pit/ruins is doable, by selling mats from instances, varmeals and field materials. A guild mate who joined last year has been doing that and now he has tons of mvp (kiel, gloom, thana and many more).
4-6b for Thana, tgk, gloom and many more is even easier.
And cards like fbh, vesper, pharaoh are arround 400-600m
But if you are a lazy donkey like me it's pretty hard to farm constantly like that.

Idk how it was this bad for you, maybe you didn't have a guild to help you go instances or fortessa, in most ro servers it's like that, you need to join a guild to progress smoothly and reach end game content.

I have to confirm the fact that it's really intimidating playing when there are lots of veterans full geared only saving up for mvps but, isn't it like that everytime you play a old server?

That's all I have to say, sorry you couldn't find your place here in SM, but for me it has been a really fun place to hang out with old and new friends.

So don't just plainly say "Don't come to SM, it's bad and casual" we need new players to join and keep playing, don't scare them like that :c

Sorry if my english is bad or if it has some errors, my main language is spanish and I'm writing this from my cellphone (excuses ik).

TLDR:
Lunar didn't gave us the mvps, we farmed to get them (some more, some less).
There's space for pit and ruins (plz build a performer or a tank, they are good and needed to run these dungeons qwq)
And the market is as bad as always, you are right there, but you should have said in the OP: come to sm so we can fix the market together (?

Mensaje final para los que hablan español.
Vengan a shining moon, tenemos caramelos y una comunidad bien pacifica...aveces uwu.

Mensaje final para Lunar (yes in spanish).
Lunar devuelvenos las ECAS ;c.

Hey man! out of all the responses here yours is one of the most sensible one. I am glad that there are still players like you in the game who strives and work hard without being handed down stuffs to you and I commend you for it. Sadly though, I am not like you guys who can mindlessly grind and do hardwork while the rest of the players who are friends with the owner just  have it easy. I strive for a game where everyone is equal and gets equally rewarded for the work they put in it. And i dont know which servers you have played before, but for me who have played on different servers, this is the only server that has a problem on making groups to tackle end game contents. Some servers you can just publicly recruit for players while some servers who have population problem remedies this by having their end game custom maps soloable.

Kudos to your friend as well who managed to farm for a year just to get a bunch of MVP cards while the "BLESSED BY RNG" players got them just by doing ECA and ofcourse "hunting MVPs and managed to hit 1 out of 2500 chances on all of them in a short amount of time"

I am sorry for making this thread, my objective isnt to scare away players but to make it clear for those who wants to try this server so they will come in without having any expectations and end up being disappointed if the expectations they have  are not met. I value my time and other people's time so by doing this, i am hoping to save other's time by providing the issues they are going to encounter when they join.

So for newer players out there who is alright with these issues feel free to play in the server. Its a pretty stable server with barely any crashes.

Alen

Your point is there's only "one" party that monopolizes endgame content. And parties are fixed. How can it be fixed if they're recruiting on LFG?