sevenRO Admin

Started by James Bong, Jan 09, 2012, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lysander

To put it simply, running a server requires a customer-oriented service model. There are two types of Admins: those that understand that, and those that don't. The former knows that there may be clients that they might not agree with, but acknowledge their right to play regardless (so long as said player doesn't impede the enjoyment of others). The latter, that doesn't know what it means to be customer-oriented, thinks only of themselves and how everything affects only them.

If you're the latter, run a server with only yourself on it.

Karuna-tan

Wouldn't exactly call the players on this server good:

That's just sad, honestly. Find a good way to recruit players, like posting on RMS and such instead of advertising the server on other servers. >_>
"Howard, you do know I've got a number of ways to poison you. In your sleep. Your food. You don't want that to happen do you?"

Strudel

rofl this is so sad.. ):
I don't like avrisro either for their constant bad reviews and their incapable gm's but doing this isn't the way it should be done either..

Karuna-tan

Yeah. When you play on a server already and try out another server, you are kind of representing the server you mainly play on - needless to say, this particular SevenRO player does not give me a good image of his/her server. The good news however are that this particular person got banned quickly after I reported about this on the forums.
"Howard, you do know I've got a number of ways to poison you. In your sleep. Your food. You don't want that to happen do you?"

Triper

You forgot that you don't know if it was the admin or the players doing that even if it looks bad both ways.

Karuna-tan

To be brutally honest here, I don't give a crap whether it was just a normal player or the admin doing it. All I care about is that it was done and it was, in a way, insulting. It's nice to know that some other players who play on other servers think they're (the other servers I mean) good, but instead of being an idiot and advertising on another server's main chat, you could just post a review here and hope someone actually is impressed by it so much that they want to try the server out. That's all I'm saying. Anyways, just wanted to post that screenie here instead of making a new topic - I know this topic is mainly about the admin/etc, but it's not a bad idea to let people know what kind of people play on that server. Not saying all of them are doing this kind of crap, but at least one of them did.
Yes, call me an idiot for enjoying playing on Avris (but hey, I'm not into the PvP/WoE scene so I'm happy with the server so far).

Lysander

I fully agree with you, Karuna. SevenRO should ask Avris's Admins for that player's IP and ban him, in my opinion. Otherwise it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouths.

Triper

If the player was the admin that will be useless lol It would just look like "I has a unicorn and I look cuuuuuute" and made the right decision. Ofc there are ways to check if both are the same or not but whatever.

Fino

Quote from: Strudel on Jan 16, 2012, 07:40 AM
rofl this is so sad.. ):
I don't like avrisro either for their constant bad reviews and their incapable gm's but doing this isn't the way it should be done either..

sorry to bring it up in this topic but you guys aint better :c

Strudel

1. You're still alive o_o
2. Excuse me but we can't do anything about our players going to other servers and advertising.
You've already made your point. And not only that but from what I remember (screens not available) players were dragged from our server (Metro) to yours via our old members. Well I guess to bad considering the server is down now, while ours is still up. Desperately searched for a screenshot but found none, I only know because of the ban logs that we've banned a person advertising some HanamiRO advertiser, who or what ever that server is.

Fino

Look who's talking.
It got nothing to do whether the server is up or not. But seems you're quite familiar with s*** excuses. Well before you call people incompetent and sad, you may rethink your own actions.

Im out of here :> have fun.

Aurora™

No offense, Fino, but the staff of a server has nothing to do with what other players do from their server. Sure, they can reprimand them, but the only way they can do that is if the staff from your server approaches them regarding the person, in private.

But I guess the people that lurk RMS are notorious for being unable to settle things in a diplomatic manner. =\

Triper

I remember someone at NeuRO's forum[I think it was one of the Helpers/GM[not Fino but was one of them]] talking about how he and some others were fine at LimitRO and some players from NeuRO started to pm people in game at LimitRO to go to NeuRO because was the server of the moment so you can't say much too Fino.