rotravels owner lordj aka imperialregalia is a liar and completely delusional

Started by roplayer69, Jun 20, 2021, 02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roplayer69

so i posted a review of the server as honestly as i could, with the metrics provided such as server/community/etc. however detailed information can't be provided with the limited options, i was going to leave it at just that, without spending further time and move on, but lordj felt the need to be his usual self, and call for fake news and assume you to be a disgruntled banned player because that's literally the only things he can do, if your review isn't fully positive, it's therefore fake, and no one would ever post a negative review about his server unless they're mad cuz banned, well i'm not, but i've no doubt he'll try to force an identify on me regardless, next maybe he'll say i'm bleak who made the other review, or some other guy, who knows.

i'm going to break this down in 3 parts, 1. ad/claims/site, 2. client/gameplay, and 3. the owner/onlydev lordj himself.

here you have the server listing on rms, we'll start from the beginning and work to the end. "most pure rendition ever offered" "featuring official mechanics", the server is on episode 8, nifleheim, ask anyone who has played on the server for more than a week, if they think those quotes are true, but they'll probably be afraid to speak out because lordj will just ban anyone who disagrees with his server being absolutely perfect in every aspect. but then you have this page: https://wiki.ragnaroktravels.com/wiki/Changes_and_Deviations if lordj thinks your skill is a problem, it will be changed, if lordj thinks your zeny methods are against his ideals, it will be changed, so yea, most pure rendition, official mechanics, it's like i'm playing iro in 2003 all over again

the only emotion evoked here is disgust, the only story being told is when lordj makes a post

literally, the worst database and search in the world, there is zero options to search with, all you can do is type the name in, that's it, surely rms item and monster search can't hold a candle to it, because it's "the most beautiful pre-renewal database in the world" right?

2. while still a claim from the site, this brings me to the client and gameplay side of things

this sounds nice and all, your client must be far better right? starting with the launch of the server, you could not customize your hotkeys, so you're forced to use the F1 etc. and it took him literally a month, to figure out how to enable it. the server is "supposedly" located in US on the east coast, however if you generally have low ping there(like 30) on other games like apex, dota etc. expect it to feel no less than 90-100 in actual gameplay, it's quite weird actually, npc dialogue, monster interaction, everything just has a bad delay to it, but not like your usual lag, this is with the nagle disable and exitlag client he provided by the way.

getting hit by mobs when you don't have endure is much more position lock than any server even compared to a 300 ping one, and if you try to kite something, you'll be in for a surprise, continuously pulling away from a mob that you were attacking will not be possible unless you wait about a second after clicking away at first, the character simply won't move, but it's probably part of the awe inspiring experience, what do i know, i've only played ro since alpha.

the client has the minimal zoom possible, something like 12 cells or whatever, but it's the lowest you will get anywhere, that's fine by me except: hitting a mob at the end of your screen with an archer is considered rude attack, and will cause teleport, on all mobs not just bosses, same with other classes like mages etc.

there's a download link for a "nvidia gpu patch" which does absolutely nothing to fix the graphical issues only found on this server, all over the maps anywhere and everywhere you'll find large black dot formations, 30+ at a time, covering your screen, i have never experienced this on any previous server, only here, but lordj will make sure to blame you for your pc instead, if the patch doesn't do anything, and it doesn't.

3. finally, the only person responsible for everything in its glory, lordj aka imperialregalia himself
i'm gonna have to start with a big yikes, i actually didn't know it was this bad until i looked more into this guy, just look at his posts here:

not a single forum review about your server has ever been positive, and i didnt even know this until i saw today, but you waste no time in telling them they're wrong and must be mad cuz banned. this is just his entire kit, say something not positive about his server? fake review. player just mad cuz i banned him, it's pathetic really, instead of spending all your efforts lying and arguing with others with a legitimate opinion, why don't you spend it on making your server less bad? oh i forgot, it's perfect, it's authentic and awe inspiring,

yes lordj, i'm sure you'll have done it again soon in your reply but sadly i won't be wasting anytime going back and forth with you, trying to have any kind of productive conversation with you is simply impossible, and it's like fighting a sewer troll, even if you win you're going to get s*** all over yourself, it's just not worth it, i'm not gonna come back to read anything but that won't deter you from putting on the facade of how wrong everyone is, except yourself, and the only place anyone's ro:travels should be, is away from your pile of garbage.

GMSeiren-tRO

Quote from: roplayer69 on Jun 20, 2021, 02:15 PM
there's a download link for a "nvidia gpu patch" which does absolutely nothing to fix the graphical issues only found on this server, all over the maps anywhere and everywhere you'll find large black dot formations, 30+ at a time, covering your screen, i have never experienced this on any previous server, only here, but lordj will make sure to blame you for your pc instead, if the patch doesn't do anything, and it doesn't.

This is a pretty common thing that happens when you have a somewhat newer generation Nvidia GPU with an outdated client. Newer RO clients fix this issue. Expect more of these issues to pop up in the future as old RO clients become more and more incompatible with newer systems.

Shuchou

It's been said before but I'll waste my time saying it again. Travels is cancer, cult minded, and "could never do wrong" due to oversized blinded ego. People were banned a month ago just for leaving the server and talking in a private discord that had nothing to do with the Lord J's server. Plus the day before launch he and a friend went and trolled the other servers discord channel when he noticed over 20 players had left his server for the new one. You are best to avoid the server all together because you can get banned for things you say in direct messages outside of the server or to your guild members in a private discord channel.

I left a bad review for Travels back in Oct 2020 about how the server was down 4-7hours a day and full of renewal mechanics and was banned for it xD if your RMS name matches a character name expect to be banned if you say something he doesn't like.

Jinbou

This sounds like a rant rather than a review. Maybe you should've opened the thread in Rant and Rave section.

Also, I don't even play in Travels (I'm in Project Zero) but most of the stuff you mentioned sounds like complete non-issues.
- There's only 2 deviations listed on the page you linked, literally every server has more than that... Changes of such small scale are expected even in purist servers, its usually necessary to protect server economy etc.
- So they're exaggerating their website with words like "beautiful", who cares, every site does that. Isn't it just a 1x classic server, a separate database sounds unnecessary anyway, just use irowiki classic or rms
- Patches not working on some computers is not unusual, fixing gpu issues is not easy unfortunately
- That originsro comment is just the truth

Quotethis sounds nice and all, your client must be far better right? starting with the launch of the server, you could not customize your hotkeys, so you're forced to use the F1 etc. and it took him literally a month, to figure out how to enable it. the server is "supposedly" located in US on the east coast, however if you generally have low ping there(like 30) on other games like apex, dota etc. expect it to feel no less than 90-100 in actual gameplay, it's quite weird actually, npc dialogue, monster interaction, everything just has a bad delay to it, but not like your usual lag, this is with the nagle disable and exitlag client he provided by the way.

getting hit by mobs when you don't have endure is much more position lock than any server even compared to a 300 ping one, and if you try to kite something, you'll be in for a surprise, continuously pulling away from a mob that you were attacking will not be possible unless you wait about a second after clicking away at first, the character simply won't move, but it's probably part of the awe inspiring experience, what do i know, i've only played ro since alpha.
These could be legit complaints if the rest of your post wasn't filled with tantrum, but as it is, noone is going to take it seriously.

Imperial Regalia

Fake review. The other aliases of this user are "wat"/"BIGVIRGIN".

Quote from: Shuchou on Jun 20, 2021, 04:19 PM
Plus the day before launch he and a friend went and trolled the other servers discord channel when he noticed over
This never happened.

Eiponpon

this infantile rant is not a review. lol its very obvious to everyone reading that youre just mad that you got banned. counterproductive, youre just giving free publicity which hurts your image and helps the server

Quote from: Shuchou on Jun 20, 2021, 04:19 PM
It's been said before but I'll waste my time saying it again. Travels is cancer, cult minded, and "could never do wrong" due to oversized blinded ego. People were banned a month ago just for leaving the server and talking in a private discord that had nothing to do with the Lord J's server. Plus the day before launch he and a friend went and trolled the other servers discord channel when he noticed 2 players had left his server for the new one. You are best to avoid the server all together because you can get banned for things you say in direct messages outside of the server or to your guild members in a private discord channel.

I left a bad review for Travels back in Oct 2020 about how the server was down 4-7hours a day and full of renewal mechanics and was banned for it xD if your RMS name matches a character name expect to be banned if you say something he doesn't like.
lemme get this straight you got banned in october and youre still not over it? travels rent free in your head for 8 months? LOL. def got caught multiclienting

and the server I think youre referring to already died lmao

Shuchou

Quote from: Imperial Regalia on Jun 20, 2021, 06:50 PM
This never happened, and we've been peaking in population every weekend.

You mean those GM logged autotraders on maps players can't normally reach? Your inner circle has a huge leak dude.

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jun 21, 2021, 12:28 AM
lemme get this straight you got banned in october and youre still not over it? travels rent free in your head for 8 months? LOL. def got caught multiclienting

and the server I think youre referring to already died lmao

Only played to level 10 or 12 due to how unstable the server was, gave up waiting for it to be online when I had time to play after a week. Left an honest review and got found out I was banned a month later when I was told the server was finally somewhat stable. Plus it's not rent free, I've been getting more amusement seeing how blinded to the truth you followers are then i have playing such a crummy power tripped server. Plus the server did better then travels at launch and doing better then travels a month in. Not to mention 90times less bugs then travels has today.