Ragnarok Travels ban and lies.

Started by Helirose, Jan 19, 2022, 10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

LJ is a terrible person who runs his server like a mad tyrant. Removing genuine reviews from people who were treated very badly, making fake 1-day old RMS accounts by the dozens to try and save his reputation and lying every single day. Not a day goes by without hearing about another negative experience that someone had with him. This will go on until it implodes completely. We've had several small implosions already like with the flywing and bluegem fiasco. A server with a person like that at the rudder will not last.
I am not associated with NovaRO.

Eiponpon

nova forgot to mention that he was banned from travels and then his string of fake negative reviews were all removed. hes obsessed

Savyon

Quote from: Nova on Jan 19, 2022, 07:21 PM
LJ is a terrible person who runs his server like a mad tyrant. Removing genuine reviews from people who were treated very badly, making fake 1-day old RMS accounts by the dozens to try and save his reputation and lying every single day. Not a day goes by without hearing about another negative experience that someone had with him. This will go on until it implodes completely. We've had several small implosions already like with the flywing and bluegem fiasco. A server with a person like that at the rudder will not last.

And he knows as long as people believe his s***, he can keep getting away with it. I guess on the internet where you can make up everything without proof, people like lord J can get away with anything. The only way to stop him is if RMS took matters into their own hands.

TheMatt

From what I can see this entire thread is stuff made up without proof by some disgruntled guild with some banned players and a bunch of accounts. Probably not the first time they've resorted to this behavior because I've also noticed review bombing on Travels by the same people getting removed in the past

Nova

Quote from: Savyon on Jan 19, 2022, 07:31 PM
And he knows as long as people believe his s***, he can keep getting away with it. I guess on the internet where you can make up everything without proof, people like lord J can get away with anything. The only way to stop him is if RMS took matters into their own hands.
Yeah, RMS would have to resort to implementing a type of verification system when you register a new account, to stop people like LJ from making fake accounts all the time like the one above me. It's never old accounts or even just a few years old that are positive posts about Travels. Always 1 day old with one post. It's so obvious.

BaphometRag

Quote from: Nova on Jan 19, 2022, 07:21 PMmaking fake 1-day old RMS accounts

Does also apply to the 1-day old account that create this thread ?

Nova

Quote from: BaphometRag on Jan 19, 2022, 08:10 PM
You probably thought it was very smart of you to make that comment, but you didn't even think about the fact that you can ask the OP, and many others who have made negative reviews about Travels to identify themselves with screenshots which they would surely do if you'd ask, unlike LJ's fake accounts. Baphomet also think about this. Me and a lot of other people have more than a year of experience with this guy. We have seen all the things that he's done, directly and indirectly. So before you defend him, consider that first.

Savyon

Quote from: BaphometRag on Jan 19, 2022, 08:10 PM
Players who continue to use the same screen name for long periods of time are the only 100% legit accounts. If a well-known player makes their first rms account, they are legit. If a random account is created and fits the pattern, I will assume it is Lord J.

Oxanette

Hi all.
Those who actually play the server might know me as Arinella/Oxanette aka the baby characters maker (out of 9 allowed char slots I had 6 baby chars).

I started the server in the middle of July and thought that's the best RO experience I ever had. I used to play 5-7x rates because I never saw a 1x with at least 50+ people around. And when I joined Travels I thought that it's home, classic experience like I remember it from years ago, awesome community that always helps ingame and in discord, parties even for low levels going on. After a few months when I already had my characters and gears I was helping a lot of people, either ingame with gears or buffs, or just answering newbies questions in discord (surprisingly there are still people who join who never played RO before).
https://imgur.com/a/ff0Fcho
I posted this review 2 months after joining. I did hear about previous bans and conflicts and I thought it was just people exaggerating because they were exploiting something and got banned. Then a person I knew whom I helped with buffs got banned, I didn't know him good enough. I asked GM (Lord J) why was he banned, he said he was "engaged in a deliberate form of poaching". When talking to the person again he told me he invited his friend to play with him in Oath as well as in Travels ingame in DMs. Then GM Lord J told me "There was more than that", and I thought that maybe he actually was inviting a lot of people and thought J was right in this situation so I just didn't think much about it.

I made a video guide for newbies starting for this server specifically, I made a wiki guide with explanations about the training grounds, I posted youtube videos about the server and streamed it in twitch and tried to get a lot of people in cause I thought it's a nice place and a nice server.

https://imgur.com/a/HTcbYIK

Whenever people discussed anything toxic or drama in the discord I kept away from it and I thought I'll never get to a situation of getting muted or banned myself.

Up until the recent situation. It started with me getting muted on the discord and not getting a reason, like on all proper servers you get a bot DMing you that "you tried to post a link and got muted for 5 minutes" or something, here - nothing. I have no idea what exactly I wrote to deserve a mute since I only noticed the mute after half an hour cause I was playing. So it wasn't an automute because I would have noticed it, I was just messaging about stuff, helping people etc as usual (they have automute for words like "quit" and my friend got muted multiple times for just a typo when he wanted to write quiet or quite).
I was in a s*** mood because of real life problems so got annoyed about it and started deleting my recent messages in the discord since I couldn't do anything else in mute. I got banned from the discord. Yea, I understand that they might have a log channel with deleted messages and it could have been annoying, not saying I was right in that situation, but still telling why you're muted or banned might be a nice feature you know...
People who know me asked if they should go ask about my mute and discord ban and I told everyone to just continue playing and enjoying, that it's not a problem since I still have my ingame account and I don't want to start any drama because of it.
Next day my friend Tarahen who was also the #1 forger on the server answers a newbies question in support or dev channel that "ctrl alt del" or installing the nvidia patch might help with the problems he was experiencing. That was literally the answer that J himself and other members message to anyone experiencing similar problems. Yet Rii the moderator gets triggered and starts saying that his advice is bad in that situation. Tarahen says "okay, then i'm not sure how to help with that problem, sorry". Rii keeps aggravating the situation, J comes in and asks "How old are you?", Tarahen, clearly being triggered by all that (he just wanted to help), answers "How old is your moderator?", and gets a ban in discord and INGAME. Since he's an important member of the community and a good friend we start discussing it with other friends cause clearly it's not nice that a simple discord conflict leads to an ingame account ban.

I decided to chill a bit and take a break and try out another server for a few days then see if anyone gets unbanned or something. I downloaded OathRO with just the intention of doing something and checking out how it is there. Then another 1x server opened in beta and I went to check it out since i never started a server from 0, I always went to the ones that were around for years or months, thought it would be fun to try.
I wanted to keep my Travels account and i kept logging in every day, welcoming new players, helping them with gears, buffing or endowing, never mentioning that something's wrong and that I'm checking other servers. Few days and me as well as most of the other people who made accounts on Oath or the new server get banned in discord and ingame, even those who never wrote a single thing in either discords, apparently just for the fact of checking out another server.

That seems like total dictatorship, I understand that a GM doesn't want people actively recruiting players to other servers, but just trying it for themselves?? I saw "not mention nice things about other servers" in the rules, but "You're not allowed to play any other server if you're playing travels" ??? That wasn't there.

What I'm sad about is that I spent half a year here making my characters, actively recruiting new people, making guides and stuff and what I get for all that is a ban with no message. And that I didn't believe the previous threads and reviews. It's a great server with a great idea and great community but in 2022 discord is a part of RO and playing without it to never get in conflicts just isn't fun, and the staff makes conflicts out of air...

I'm gonna move on and find another place to live, and for those who are still staying, it's your choice, but make sure to keep away from discord discussions just in case if you don't want your account banned.

Resunas

And now I'm banned as well.  He's using private account information to find how who people are because I don't use this name in game.

And yeah, like everyone else,  no one is given any reason.  Yet somehow magically Eiponen knows what none of us have been told. 

Shuchou

Maybe one day Lord J will notice how badly he's shooting himself in the foot banning people for playing on other servers. A lot of RO fans jump between servers when one account is built up and fully WoE ready so they go to another server for the fresh start feel. It's only down hill the server player base can go as there's only so many that like 1x.

TheMatt

Ok not directly involved but I've been loosely following the development

Oxanette is guildmates and friends with the guy who got banned and is in on the stuff they're doing. By her own admission she got a discord ban for throwing a fit. Don't have context on that. To see how she is being dishonest though look at how she makes up quotes. She claims the forger says "okay, sorry, not sure how to help then" when in the evidence he says "okay, I don't know what it is then, sorry for offering an idea for their problem" which is more like a polite way of saying F you. I think what he later said to the admin is why he got banned but that line from him was aggressive, not necessary, and started it all.

In response to that the forger's guild including her started poaching people which is why she got banned too and one of their guildmates put up chat with slurs in-game. Real nasty stuff from them. I think they've tried more harassment but I haven't seen till it directly

Savyon

Quote from: TheMatt on Jan 19, 2022, 11:58 PM
Ok not directly involved but I've been loosely following the development

Oxanette is guildmates and friends with the guy who got banned and is in on the stuff they're doing. By her own admission she got a discord ban for throwing a fit. Don't have context on that. To see how she is being dishonest though look at how she makes up quotes. She claims the forger says "okay, sorry, not sure how to help then" when in the evidence he says "okay, I don't know what it is then, sorry for offering an idea for their problem" which is more like a polite way of saying F you. I think what he later said to the admin is why he got banned but that line from him was aggressive, not necessary, and started it all.

In response to that the forger's guild including her started poaching people which is why she got banned too and one of their guildmates put up chat with slurs in-game. Real nasty stuff from them. I think they've tried more harassment but I haven't seen till it directly

And you are? I've never heard of you so unless someone who is legit around here can confirm, we can assume this account is also Lord J.

Katakato

Considering the amount of people coming out and saying stuff about what's been going on, I have to agree with Nova that it's pretty damning to see as many people as there are coming out with their own interactions with this J individual.  /...

Whether or not he had any good intentions, any decent server administrator knows how to handle criticism like an adult. Being in a position of relative power also needs you to own up to any sort of mistakes or fouls done on your part. Just because you can simply silence people with the press of a button, doesn't mean you should. People aren't idiots, and they'll learn sooner or later that something strange is happening. /hmm

He might have had good intentions, but intent doesn't matter when execution is so poorly done that it just comes across as being arrogant and malicious.

At this point, the burden of proof lies on the admin's lap. If he can't give sufficient evidence for his bans, there's no reason to believe that those bans are appropriate. Then again, he could just stay silent. Who knows if he's even reading this.  /hmm

Quote from: TheMatt on Jan 19, 2022, 11:58 PM

There's a lot of things strange with this comment. Not having context for something that happened on discord is a very strange thing, for one. You can always scroll back and look for chat history. However, it's another thing entirely if that altercation as a whole went "missing".  /gg

Second, nitpicking language doesn't help either. It doesn't matter if the comment WAS meant as an "F you", as far as I'm aware this was just a player trying to help trouble shoot another player's technical difficulties...? I don't see what would make any mods angry with that? If anything it makes less work for them lol. If it doesn't work, sure they have to step in after, but at that point they at least crossed out one of a few potential fixes to their problem.  /ok

Third, assuming that the somewhat sassy response from the player WAS intended as an "F you", it's out of line for a mod and admin to respond the way they did. A player trying to do good for a fellow RO player instead gets banned because they got triggered by the mod and admin prodding them.  /?

Between the above points, and the fact that there's an automute for simply typing the word "quit" on the discord, it just seems like this J individual is super insecure about his ability to keep his playerbase with him through his server.

But please, if you have any proof to offer against the above points and render me incorrect, feel free to do so. They're simply my observations and my opinions on how I'd handle the above situations and reason their behaviors.  /kis2

EDIT: Oh, and the fact that he's banning people simply for testing other servers is burning bridges for him as well. There's a finite amount of RO players. For every one that he bans (even if one out of three are legitimate bans), that's a player going to another server. The fact that he hasn't realized that him doing that is denying him the opportunity to earn those players back is kind of funny, to say the least.  /heh

XiaoLuLu

Clearly twisting facts here.. How can you defend Travels admin when themselves instead of giving explanation and reasoning to what they think is right or wrong and calm the situation in a professional way, they just say NO you are Wrong, you Dumb and expect players not to retaliate?

Where are your evidence? screenshots? etc? clearly there have to be some for all the accusation about the players behavior?

How can you justify the forger getting PERMABAN IN GAME for such remarks? That Rii admin literally doesnt do anything other than "Waving at new players".. and its really all she should do. But I dont know why she makes the "Do not spam not english words" as literally they are forcing people to leave some comment to be "active" and lordJ is supportive to this last time until I got banned and have to argue for so long to get unban and somehow they removed that "activate" feature.. She dont reply to almost any tech issues as far as I can see and suddenly she wants to comment on tech from the forger which leads to some conspiracy thinking.

How can you justify Travels admin attitude (with evidence)? who is the one that call out "how old are you".. and you expect a polite responds? What did he just did? Replying to someone asking for tech help only.. Even if its bad, PERMABAN IN GAME is just too much.

How can you justify people getting password change IN GAME for playing in other ro servers?

Which legit player will go all the way and create account in RMS to create a review post telling people how the server is the "best" in the world 100% original from gravity not dumb emulation other server use? Who cares? clearly damage control and propaganda..

Lastly, atleast show us some evidence like screenshots or chat logs to defend yourself.

Its too easy and wind talking accusing others for Poaching, Dishonest, Nasty, Slurs, Harassment. Show us the evidence.