Ragnarok Travels ban and lies.

Started by Helirose, Jan 19, 2022, 10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helirose

I played on Ragnarok Travels for a good few months, and it was great.

Then a few friends got banned. I won't go into this, it's been covered and it's not my story to tell but sufficed to say I am certain these bans were unwarranted. Now, I'm not one to participate in drama or engage with other people's issues, but I questioned the stability of the leadership and whether this server was where I wanted to spend my time because of the likelihood of losing friends or worse, my own account, so I started browsing elsewhere. No problems at this point I'd simply lost faith in my current server and decided to try out other places - it happens, life goes on.

However.

After trying a few different ones, I started playing a new server with some of these banned friends. In fact, a lot of users felt a similar way and ended up through word of mouth on this server. This communication was private, had nothing to do with Ragnarok Travels and occured away from the Ragnarok Travels server and Discord server. All of a sudden, RO Travels disappears from my Discord list and it seems like I'm banned on there. Well, that's strange, isn't it? I haven't broken any rules, I haven't been advertising or indeed even mentioned a different server there or in the game. Then, lo and behold, my Ragnarok Travels game account is inaccessible and it seems I'm banned there too. Once again, no rules broken. There's also no evidence or indeed even any communication from the GM team at Travels to notify me of this.

Finally, I decide to make a Ratemyserver review. I made the review as honest as I could, crediting the server for it's game play and functionality but marking true to my findings and feelings of dealing with the administration in light of the events that happened. My review and the resulting comment from the GM is as follows:

Edit: added in plain text as image not working. It's available on RMS for all to see, though.

Spoiler
BE WARNED. This server has great potentional as an honest, low-rate reproduction. The server itself is very stable but the leadership is far from it and indiscriminate bans are now a common occurance. Your crimes could include disagreeing (politely) with a GM on the Discord or simply playing on another server, even if you have never mentioned or advertised such a thing in game or out. Not woth investing time in. TLDR; Good server but unstable, tyrannical and illogical leadership.
See Detailed Rating
Rating: 44
Report This Comment
Comment #1
Owner's reply to this review:
Edit
Delete
2022-01-17
This user was banned for blatant poaching of our users. We haven't had a single indiscriminate ban so I'm not sure what you're referring to.
[close]

Unfortunately, the comment from the GM here is a lie and further, it is slander. I am not associated with any other server in a leadership or administrative capacity, I have not advertised for any other server and I have certainly not 'poached' any users. I simply made a personal decision to try elsewhere.

I would welcome any evidence the GM has (other than heresay and guesswork) to back up his claims of 'poaching' and to substantiate the reason for this ban because it's an utter falacy.

-----

NB: My hand has been forced on making this statement publicly as I am blocked from both the RO Travels game and Discord server and there is no other communication channels available via the website. I also wanted a chance to clear my name for the record as I am not in the habit of breaking rules or deliberately causing issues.

Katakato

I can't claim to know anything about the goings on of Travels, but I will say that I avoided the server as soon as I saw their website and spent a few minutes reading through it. I couldn't help but feel like the admin was just inflating his own ego to a massive degree. Like sure, it's cool that you have a Aegis server that you're running, and have the hardware for. Therefore you've got none of the emulation bugs that Athena or Hercules have.  /o

That doesn't mean you have to write a literal essay about how "bad" the emulators are. Some servers don't have the resources to run an Aegis server, money or otherwise.  /...

Either way, between that website and rumors I've heard about the admin there (J, I think they call him?), I made the decision to not try Travels. Seems like I made the right choice.....  All the copy pasta "X player has been banned for poaching, I dunno what they're talking about" replies are sus too... /hmm

Either way, I hope you're enjoying whatever other server you're on. I just wanted to let you know that I'm with you on calling out this nonsense (one random stranger though, not very strong right?  /heh ).

Good luck in your future endeavors, maybe I'll see you around.  /no1

skyeang3l

Unfortunately, all of this is true. I used to play Travels for a long while and really believed in the server(check my post history), but me and so many of my friends have been banned for basically nothing. Here is an accumulative list of reasons from all the Travel refugees I still talk to:

-Criticizing staff on PM in-game. Seriously, the Admin has been known to sit around in chat snooping on people's private convos.
-Criticizing random patches (such as increase in fwing prices and teleportation costing 100sp) on #dev in Discord
-Posting a negative review
-Joining another server's Discord server
-"Price Fixing" aka selling items for prices you think are fair
-Breaking your gear. Yep that's it. Admin got really mad at this one.
-Quitting. Admin has a child mentality of "You can't quit if I BAN you first!"
-Getting upset at people going on religious tirades on Discord. Some guy can be an extreme homophobe Islamic extremist and not get banned for it but if you question why the Staff isn't doing anything about it, BAN.

Of course this is all crazy and yep you can't prove anything because the Discord is so heavily moderated. J deletes everything to hide his tracks and bans you so you can't keep good record of all his abuse. It's a 1x server so you spend so much time only to get banned for dropping a pen on the ground.
Imagine you grind for all +7 gears on a 1x and spend hundreds of hours only for the GM to throw a tantrum and permaban you because you disagree with a change he's implemented. He doesn't even send you a warning or tell you the reason. Just bam, login and your account says incorrect password(not even a ban message). Only risk playing on Travels if you are certain you can abide by his completely arbitrary ruleset. 
/wah
It's a shame because so many of us loved and genuinely cared for the server, only for the GM to be completely self-destructive and hellbent on ruining his server all by himself.
Yare yare daze~

Sairek Ceareste

I never played on the server before. I might have done so, before my friend and I decided "Screw it, we'll just make our own" because we couldn't find a 1x server exactly like we wanted, but regardless, everyone who's been unjustly banned has my sympathy. Hell, I remember when I was falsely banned on RO:Restart for botting... because my name was "very bot like" and that infuriated me to no end (and look what happened to there).

Honestly I hope J can reevaluate and pull it back together. Fair competition between server owners is healthy for the overall community in my opinion. It helps encourage server owners to innovate, and do their best for their players. More options for a community to choose from is only a good thing in my opinion. Ultimately, nobody wins if a server tears itself apart through drama and clout and these rumors of tyrannic administration and fake positive reviews is going to end up either being passed under the rug by people, or destroying the server's community.
And it doesn't matter how good a server is. You can have the best everything and most accurate server out there. If nobody's playing it because it's simply not fun or because they're scared that they have to walk on eggshells to play on it so they don't, then it's just dead weight in the water, because ultimately, a community is everything.

The thing I value most is honesty and transparency. If the community cannot trust the administration or the administration of a server frequently lies to them, then that can create a whole new can of worms and multiple symptoms that can affect a server extremely badly -- and that is especially true when the reason for those symptoms and distrust is literally bad administration. And, as I've learned extremely quickly, it's a hell of a lot harder to earn a community's trust than it is to lose it.

Thibaud

Hello,

i'll add my story to that as well.
Been playin' for about two months on Ragnarok Travels. Literally grinded out my life, every free minute i did spent into Travels.
It was fun, i enjoyed it. The server with his settings is pure nostalgic Ragnarok feelin', no multiclient.
Community is friendly, people want to group up. Everything feels just like a dream, the good old Ragnarok dream we all lived in our younger life.
I already read some topics here about the delusional personality of Lord J. Thought it was all overreacting by the people who created these reviews/topics.
Sadly i had to witness the exact same thing. There were some things happening, bans that were without any reason or warn.
I decided to not play on Travels anymore, as long there would be no clearance of Lord J about the things that happened.
That was all i did, held no discussion, did do no negative things that could damage Travels.
I just joined OathRO, and today i had to witness, that suddenly i was beein' banned out of the Travels Discord and well... my ingame Account is banned too!
Lord J is such a maniac, he won't allow you to even play or breathe in another server. Absolutely disgusting.
I even donated to Travels, cause i loved the project. Now that i knew who i gifted this money to, i regret everything i did. Spent 2 months of time for nothin' and even wasted money on a maniac.

So i did my review, honest review:

And look what answer/reply our maniac prepared. Sexist comments, Staff impersonation and poaching.
None of these things i obviously did, according to J, were warned or told me before.
I do get the ban for things, he can't even prove, and all suddenly after i switched to another server.

To all people who are or want to play on Travels:
Don't do the same fault as many of us did, spendin' time to live the old Ragnarok dream and suddenly everything you did for the server is gone.
And for what? For breathin' into another server.

@Lord J:
I know you will read this. And as soon you are reading all this, you probably will try everything to make us, who did get banned for nothing, look stupid and overreacting.
You can create as many accounts as you can to make good reviews, but please.
If your whole existence is build up on lies and tyrannical behavior, maybe you should stop leading a god damn server.

Greetings from OathRO,

Thibaud.

Messidor

Thibaud, I recognize you and you did make sexist comments. You are basically throwing tantrum because server staff did their job.

You are in toxic guild

Messidor

Travels is my favorite low rate and the administration is a reason why. This is the usual chorus of toxic guilds and abusers. They use auto hotkey, autopots, grf edit, use their guild to threaten GMs into making balance changes they want, cheat, bully, intimidate.

If staff stands up to them they will make fake negative reviews, try to server hop, start poaching player.

The only difference is Travels has an admin who is really good at catching these people and will not bend to them. I think this is why regular players like me love the server and the staff. It's also why these fake negative reviews come in "bursts", it's a guild sitting in a discord somewhere trying to coordinate revenge. But I dont think they realize that all it does is send more players to Travels. No such thing as bad publicity lol. Keep it up

Eiponpon

OP your story doesnt add up. you said you quit and stopped playing before this happened. if that were true why are you writing this rant and how did you know you got banned?

sounds like you got caught, and now pretending to be a victim. you and your "friends"  /wah

Thibaud

Quote from: Messidor on Jan 19, 2022, 04:23 PM
Thibaud, I recognize you and you did make sexist comments. You are basically throwing tantrum because server staff did their job.

You are in toxic guild

Then please, Lord J, prove it. Give me screens of what i did. Or what others did that was banned due to your tyranny.
Every single rant about you, you accuse someone of something but you just can't prove anything.
By the way, why don't you just create a "Lord J" Account and reply with it.
Everyone with literally a brain in their head knows that you are creating new RMS-accounts all the time to make us look like fools.

Helirose

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 19, 2022, 04:47 PM
OP your story doesnt add up. you said you quit and stopped playing before this happened. if that were true why are you writing this rant and how did you know you got banned?

sounds like you got caught, and now pretending to be a victim. you and your "friends"  /wah

Please let me know what exactly doesn't add up, and I'll clarify for you.
I attempted to log back into my account to continue to play (I had a thief that was about to get to Assassin and I was keen to at least reach that point and test out Assassin skills despite the issues) and found the password changed. This is how I knew. As I've stated previously, the server itself is very good and the game play on it is excellent.
Can't 'get caught' if you haven't done anything worthy of catching.

Eiponpon

Quote from: Thibaud on Jan 19, 2022, 04:54 PM
Then please, Lord J, prove it. Give me screens of what i did. Or what others did that was banned due to your tyranny.
Every single rant about you, you accuse someone of something but you just can't prove anything.
By the way, why don't you just create a "Lord J" Account and reply with it.
Everyone with literally a brain in their head knows that you are creating new RMS-accounts all the time to make us look like fools.
Says the brand new account of the oath admin. literally everyone with a brain knows you or some of the guild that got caught has been creating new accounts. OP is a brand new acc just like you

Savyon

I was part of Ragnarok Travels staff for the first 8 months after launch, plus a couple months prior to launch. Advisory role and beta tester. I was a major contributor to what made the server at least decent, mainly because of the fact that J knew very little about the game, for a server owner.

Things went sour very quickly though. I was banned because I disagreed with him over a patch change. He loves to lie about everything and use multiple accounts to speak anonymously, and you can't win with him. The best thing to do is stop listening to him and stop playing his server, and spread the word.

Anything he replies to these threads and to your reviews are nonsense. I'm telling you, just avoid.

Helirose

Yeah, I had to make an account to be able to provide accurate feedback and give my side of the story after a slanderous comment was left on my review.

Your point?

Thibaud

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 19, 2022, 06:10 PM
Says the brand new account of the oath admin. literally everyone with a brain knows you or some of the guild that got caught has been creating new accounts. OP is a brand new acc just like you

Yeah, i am literally the oath admin, who played for 2 months on Travels.  /ok

Sadly for you i can still login to the Travels Control Panel, cause the login is still registered and Lord J only knows how to reset passwords, not to ban someone.  /heh

And yeah, i created a new account on RMS. Cause i've never been here before to rant about a server, there was no need to before.
And also yeah, i know Helirose. Not personally, she/he is or more specifically was a player just like me on Travels.
Was not in the same guild as her/him, neither spoke to her/him in private.

Eiponpon

Quote from: jez2580 on Jan 19, 2022, 06:25 PM
What's your point? People can create an account to post an experience, just because it's new doesn't prove anything, you do seem awfully defensive!
that he should stop calling people lord j when he loses an argument. its why no one takes whine threads seriously

Nova

LJ is a terrible person who runs his server like a mad tyrant. Removing genuine reviews from people who were treated very badly, making fake 1-day old RMS accounts by the dozens to try and save his reputation and lying every single day. Not a day goes by without hearing about another negative experience that someone had with him. This will go on until it implodes completely. We've had several small implosions already like with the flywing and bluegem fiasco. A server with a person like that at the rudder will not last.
I am not associated with NovaRO.

Eiponpon

nova forgot to mention that he was banned from travels and then his string of fake negative reviews were all removed. hes obsessed

Savyon

Quote from: Nova on Jan 19, 2022, 07:21 PM
LJ is a terrible person who runs his server like a mad tyrant. Removing genuine reviews from people who were treated very badly, making fake 1-day old RMS accounts by the dozens to try and save his reputation and lying every single day. Not a day goes by without hearing about another negative experience that someone had with him. This will go on until it implodes completely. We've had several small implosions already like with the flywing and bluegem fiasco. A server with a person like that at the rudder will not last.

And he knows as long as people believe his s***, he can keep getting away with it. I guess on the internet where you can make up everything without proof, people like lord J can get away with anything. The only way to stop him is if RMS took matters into their own hands.

TheMatt

From what I can see this entire thread is stuff made up without proof by some disgruntled guild with some banned players and a bunch of accounts. Probably not the first time they've resorted to this behavior because I've also noticed review bombing on Travels by the same people getting removed in the past

Nova

Quote from: Savyon on Jan 19, 2022, 07:31 PM
And he knows as long as people believe his s***, he can keep getting away with it. I guess on the internet where you can make up everything without proof, people like lord J can get away with anything. The only way to stop him is if RMS took matters into their own hands.
Yeah, RMS would have to resort to implementing a type of verification system when you register a new account, to stop people like LJ from making fake accounts all the time like the one above me. It's never old accounts or even just a few years old that are positive posts about Travels. Always 1 day old with one post. It's so obvious.

BaphometRag

Quote from: Nova on Jan 19, 2022, 07:21 PMmaking fake 1-day old RMS accounts

Does also apply to the 1-day old account that create this thread ?

Nova

Quote from: BaphometRag on Jan 19, 2022, 08:10 PM
You probably thought it was very smart of you to make that comment, but you didn't even think about the fact that you can ask the OP, and many others who have made negative reviews about Travels to identify themselves with screenshots which they would surely do if you'd ask, unlike LJ's fake accounts. Baphomet also think about this. Me and a lot of other people have more than a year of experience with this guy. We have seen all the things that he's done, directly and indirectly. So before you defend him, consider that first.

Savyon

Quote from: BaphometRag on Jan 19, 2022, 08:10 PM
Players who continue to use the same screen name for long periods of time are the only 100% legit accounts. If a well-known player makes their first rms account, they are legit. If a random account is created and fits the pattern, I will assume it is Lord J.

Oxanette

Hi all.
Those who actually play the server might know me as Arinella/Oxanette aka the baby characters maker (out of 9 allowed char slots I had 6 baby chars).

I started the server in the middle of July and thought that's the best RO experience I ever had. I used to play 5-7x rates because I never saw a 1x with at least 50+ people around. And when I joined Travels I thought that it's home, classic experience like I remember it from years ago, awesome community that always helps ingame and in discord, parties even for low levels going on. After a few months when I already had my characters and gears I was helping a lot of people, either ingame with gears or buffs, or just answering newbies questions in discord (surprisingly there are still people who join who never played RO before).
https://imgur.com/a/ff0Fcho
I posted this review 2 months after joining. I did hear about previous bans and conflicts and I thought it was just people exaggerating because they were exploiting something and got banned. Then a person I knew whom I helped with buffs got banned, I didn't know him good enough. I asked GM (Lord J) why was he banned, he said he was "engaged in a deliberate form of poaching". When talking to the person again he told me he invited his friend to play with him in Oath as well as in Travels ingame in DMs. Then GM Lord J told me "There was more than that", and I thought that maybe he actually was inviting a lot of people and thought J was right in this situation so I just didn't think much about it.

I made a video guide for newbies starting for this server specifically, I made a wiki guide with explanations about the training grounds, I posted youtube videos about the server and streamed it in twitch and tried to get a lot of people in cause I thought it's a nice place and a nice server.

https://imgur.com/a/HTcbYIK

Whenever people discussed anything toxic or drama in the discord I kept away from it and I thought I'll never get to a situation of getting muted or banned myself.

Up until the recent situation. It started with me getting muted on the discord and not getting a reason, like on all proper servers you get a bot DMing you that "you tried to post a link and got muted for 5 minutes" or something, here - nothing. I have no idea what exactly I wrote to deserve a mute since I only noticed the mute after half an hour cause I was playing. So it wasn't an automute because I would have noticed it, I was just messaging about stuff, helping people etc as usual (they have automute for words like "quit" and my friend got muted multiple times for just a typo when he wanted to write quiet or quite).
I was in a s*** mood because of real life problems so got annoyed about it and started deleting my recent messages in the discord since I couldn't do anything else in mute. I got banned from the discord. Yea, I understand that they might have a log channel with deleted messages and it could have been annoying, not saying I was right in that situation, but still telling why you're muted or banned might be a nice feature you know...
People who know me asked if they should go ask about my mute and discord ban and I told everyone to just continue playing and enjoying, that it's not a problem since I still have my ingame account and I don't want to start any drama because of it.
Next day my friend Tarahen who was also the #1 forger on the server answers a newbies question in support or dev channel that "ctrl alt del" or installing the nvidia patch might help with the problems he was experiencing. That was literally the answer that J himself and other members message to anyone experiencing similar problems. Yet Rii the moderator gets triggered and starts saying that his advice is bad in that situation. Tarahen says "okay, then i'm not sure how to help with that problem, sorry". Rii keeps aggravating the situation, J comes in and asks "How old are you?", Tarahen, clearly being triggered by all that (he just wanted to help), answers "How old is your moderator?", and gets a ban in discord and INGAME. Since he's an important member of the community and a good friend we start discussing it with other friends cause clearly it's not nice that a simple discord conflict leads to an ingame account ban.

I decided to chill a bit and take a break and try out another server for a few days then see if anyone gets unbanned or something. I downloaded OathRO with just the intention of doing something and checking out how it is there. Then another 1x server opened in beta and I went to check it out since i never started a server from 0, I always went to the ones that were around for years or months, thought it would be fun to try.
I wanted to keep my Travels account and i kept logging in every day, welcoming new players, helping them with gears, buffing or endowing, never mentioning that something's wrong and that I'm checking other servers. Few days and me as well as most of the other people who made accounts on Oath or the new server get banned in discord and ingame, even those who never wrote a single thing in either discords, apparently just for the fact of checking out another server.

That seems like total dictatorship, I understand that a GM doesn't want people actively recruiting players to other servers, but just trying it for themselves?? I saw "not mention nice things about other servers" in the rules, but "You're not allowed to play any other server if you're playing travels" ??? That wasn't there.

What I'm sad about is that I spent half a year here making my characters, actively recruiting new people, making guides and stuff and what I get for all that is a ban with no message. And that I didn't believe the previous threads and reviews. It's a great server with a great idea and great community but in 2022 discord is a part of RO and playing without it to never get in conflicts just isn't fun, and the staff makes conflicts out of air...

I'm gonna move on and find another place to live, and for those who are still staying, it's your choice, but make sure to keep away from discord discussions just in case if you don't want your account banned.

Resunas

And now I'm banned as well.  He's using private account information to find how who people are because I don't use this name in game.

And yeah, like everyone else,  no one is given any reason.  Yet somehow magically Eiponen knows what none of us have been told. 

Shuchou

Maybe one day Lord J will notice how badly he's shooting himself in the foot banning people for playing on other servers. A lot of RO fans jump between servers when one account is built up and fully WoE ready so they go to another server for the fresh start feel. It's only down hill the server player base can go as there's only so many that like 1x.

TheMatt

Ok not directly involved but I've been loosely following the development

Oxanette is guildmates and friends with the guy who got banned and is in on the stuff they're doing. By her own admission she got a discord ban for throwing a fit. Don't have context on that. To see how she is being dishonest though look at how she makes up quotes. She claims the forger says "okay, sorry, not sure how to help then" when in the evidence he says "okay, I don't know what it is then, sorry for offering an idea for their problem" which is more like a polite way of saying F you. I think what he later said to the admin is why he got banned but that line from him was aggressive, not necessary, and started it all.

In response to that the forger's guild including her started poaching people which is why she got banned too and one of their guildmates put up chat with slurs in-game. Real nasty stuff from them. I think they've tried more harassment but I haven't seen till it directly

Savyon

Quote from: TheMatt on Jan 19, 2022, 11:58 PM
Ok not directly involved but I've been loosely following the development

Oxanette is guildmates and friends with the guy who got banned and is in on the stuff they're doing. By her own admission she got a discord ban for throwing a fit. Don't have context on that. To see how she is being dishonest though look at how she makes up quotes. She claims the forger says "okay, sorry, not sure how to help then" when in the evidence he says "okay, I don't know what it is then, sorry for offering an idea for their problem" which is more like a polite way of saying F you. I think what he later said to the admin is why he got banned but that line from him was aggressive, not necessary, and started it all.

In response to that the forger's guild including her started poaching people which is why she got banned too and one of their guildmates put up chat with slurs in-game. Real nasty stuff from them. I think they've tried more harassment but I haven't seen till it directly

And you are? I've never heard of you so unless someone who is legit around here can confirm, we can assume this account is also Lord J.

Katakato

Considering the amount of people coming out and saying stuff about what's been going on, I have to agree with Nova that it's pretty damning to see as many people as there are coming out with their own interactions with this J individual.  /...

Whether or not he had any good intentions, any decent server administrator knows how to handle criticism like an adult. Being in a position of relative power also needs you to own up to any sort of mistakes or fouls done on your part. Just because you can simply silence people with the press of a button, doesn't mean you should. People aren't idiots, and they'll learn sooner or later that something strange is happening. /hmm

He might have had good intentions, but intent doesn't matter when execution is so poorly done that it just comes across as being arrogant and malicious.

At this point, the burden of proof lies on the admin's lap. If he can't give sufficient evidence for his bans, there's no reason to believe that those bans are appropriate. Then again, he could just stay silent. Who knows if he's even reading this.  /hmm

Quote from: TheMatt on Jan 19, 2022, 11:58 PM

There's a lot of things strange with this comment. Not having context for something that happened on discord is a very strange thing, for one. You can always scroll back and look for chat history. However, it's another thing entirely if that altercation as a whole went "missing".  /gg

Second, nitpicking language doesn't help either. It doesn't matter if the comment WAS meant as an "F you", as far as I'm aware this was just a player trying to help trouble shoot another player's technical difficulties...? I don't see what would make any mods angry with that? If anything it makes less work for them lol. If it doesn't work, sure they have to step in after, but at that point they at least crossed out one of a few potential fixes to their problem.  /ok

Third, assuming that the somewhat sassy response from the player WAS intended as an "F you", it's out of line for a mod and admin to respond the way they did. A player trying to do good for a fellow RO player instead gets banned because they got triggered by the mod and admin prodding them.  /?

Between the above points, and the fact that there's an automute for simply typing the word "quit" on the discord, it just seems like this J individual is super insecure about his ability to keep his playerbase with him through his server.

But please, if you have any proof to offer against the above points and render me incorrect, feel free to do so. They're simply my observations and my opinions on how I'd handle the above situations and reason their behaviors.  /kis2

EDIT: Oh, and the fact that he's banning people simply for testing other servers is burning bridges for him as well. There's a finite amount of RO players. For every one that he bans (even if one out of three are legitimate bans), that's a player going to another server. The fact that he hasn't realized that him doing that is denying him the opportunity to earn those players back is kind of funny, to say the least.  /heh

XiaoLuLu

Clearly twisting facts here.. How can you defend Travels admin when themselves instead of giving explanation and reasoning to what they think is right or wrong and calm the situation in a professional way, they just say NO you are Wrong, you Dumb and expect players not to retaliate?

Where are your evidence? screenshots? etc? clearly there have to be some for all the accusation about the players behavior?

How can you justify the forger getting PERMABAN IN GAME for such remarks? That Rii admin literally doesnt do anything other than "Waving at new players".. and its really all she should do. But I dont know why she makes the "Do not spam not english words" as literally they are forcing people to leave some comment to be "active" and lordJ is supportive to this last time until I got banned and have to argue for so long to get unban and somehow they removed that "activate" feature.. She dont reply to almost any tech issues as far as I can see and suddenly she wants to comment on tech from the forger which leads to some conspiracy thinking.

How can you justify Travels admin attitude (with evidence)? who is the one that call out "how old are you".. and you expect a polite responds? What did he just did? Replying to someone asking for tech help only.. Even if its bad, PERMABAN IN GAME is just too much.

How can you justify people getting password change IN GAME for playing in other ro servers?

Which legit player will go all the way and create account in RMS to create a review post telling people how the server is the "best" in the world 100% original from gravity not dumb emulation other server use? Who cares? clearly damage control and propaganda..

Lastly, atleast show us some evidence like screenshots or chat logs to defend yourself.

Its too easy and wind talking accusing others for Poaching, Dishonest, Nasty, Slurs, Harassment. Show us the evidence.

Resunas

Quote from: XiaoLuLu on Jan 20, 2022, 12:46 AM
Which legit player will go all the way and create account in RMS to create a review post telling people how the server is the "best" in the world 100% emulation from the original? clearly damage control and propaganda..

I always find it interesting.  They don't put out messages saying "Remember to review us on RMS" or anything like that, but magically after any negative review is posted,  new ones get posted, and within every one, "admin is great" or something along those lines.

Kazuki

Quote from: Resunas on Jan 20, 2022, 12:56 AM
I always find it interesting.  They don't put out messages saying "Remember to review us on RMS" or anything like that, but magically after any negative review is posted,  new ones get posted, and within every one, "admin is great" or something along those lines.

Don't forget to include the same "toxic" accusations and how glad they are the "admin stands up to toxic players."

There is no war in Ba Sing Se.

Ayahuasca

I don't know how many more anecdotes anyone needs about Lord J to understand playing there is a bad idea and you are subject to the whims of an unstable leader.  I can't be the only one who notices the constant stream of 1 day old accounts leaving near perfect reviews about how great Travels is either, right in the midst of this kind of stuff happening. You never hear anything about Lord J defending himself in a positive way - EVER - saying he's going to improve his leadership, or god forbid, an apology of any kind. You only ever see veiled defenses from multiple shady alt-accounts or complete dismissals of any criticism:

They were botting!
They were poaching!
They entered another server's discord!
They talked s*** about me in a DM and I spied so I saw!
They called me names on RMS and I spent time reverse engineering who they were!
They tried to break their +7 gear out of disgust for me!
They're a poo-poo head LIAR FAKE FRAUD!
Nothing matters because my server is the best EVER and *drum roll* "THE MOST AUTHENTIC SERVER EVER CREATED."

The list goes on and on and it is so absolutely pathetic by this point. ANYONE who has nice things to say about Travels or Lord J is without question someone on the sidelines who has miraculously avoided a dumb mute or ban for the slightest issue - either that, or they ARE Lord J.

OathRO and retRO are both miles ahead in terms of how players are treated. Ragnarok Travels holding the #2 spot as long as it has is, frankly, shameful and inauthentic. BOTH of them bend over backwards to be kind and to a reasonable extent democratic with their playerbase and that's why this kind of stuff simply does not happen there.

Raïner

I still remember players that thought Aesir ban wave was just and righteous, misleaded by Lord J's propaganda.

Whos laughing now?  /gg .

XiaoLuLu

Slander on lgbtq ppl? that time was a debate whether same sex marriage should be implemented and a guy keep spamming that every place in the world is pro lgbtq and moving towards that ideology and travels MUST implement it asap else the server will be flagged as an ANTI LGBTQ server and every LGBTQ player should quit the server, anyone oppose is bigoted and hate speech etc.. And should be Banned from the server. I just quote wikipedia about some muslim country's(even china itself) prohibit it and ppl could get death sentence and the quran about people of lot and only a part of the world take on that ideology, even usa just took it up recently and could be said as political. Social justice Warrior at the finest. I respect whether or not it is implemented and will not do anything about it, only thing i can do is vote/express my opinion. All is under Lord J's decision.. his server.

I did not get banned at Travels mind you, I quitted off my on accord.

who knows wat aesir is banned off? What i remember is because you guys keep wanting the server to start woe asap with god items and castle chest all up as you guys are the strongest at that time then stirring up false accusation about me as a guild effort on lgbtq topic because I oppose on woe and god items and mostly because I am the first and outspoken person to oppose your guild ideology in discord.. then on the sp cost for teleport and fly wing and i do know some ppl do poach ppl to play on retro, no slander there.. Hey everyone's affected for those decisions and its Lord J decision to do it, who knows what you guys talk about to Lord J when those incident occur. Definitely not an abuse of power from Lord J imo. When did Retro started and what happens? 1/1/1 with Woe and God item asap.. same sex marriage implemented.. who made the server??

I hope the mods will remove the slander from felixvu about me.. I do not torture and never killed animals other than mosquito ants etc.. disgusting act to spy and exaggerate about me shooting a cat with rubberband when i was like 10 yr old which happen more than 20 years ago.. Definitely told that story because i was openminded and openly admit that wasn't a good example and some ppl just took it against me seriously.. It is a very serious accusation there u made to others. no sympathy on you getting banned.

Remember who changed the server review to get unbanned by lord J to play travels again.. you felixvu.. I am civilized enough to not use those vulgar words towards you.. hope you will grow up someday.

TheMatt

Quote from: Ayahuasca on Jan 20, 2022, 01:24 AMI can't be the only one who notices the constant stream of 1 day old accounts leaving near perfect reviews
You got it backwards. Most of the negative ones are from 1 day accounts. Most of the positive ones aren't. And of course the community is going to defend their server.

Quote from: Ayahuasca on Jan 20, 2022, 01:24 AMis without question someone on the sidelines who has miraculously avoided a dumb mute or ban for the slightest issue
So.... literally almost everyone on the server? Not even getting the point here.

MaybeImWrong

Hey guys, I know that there is a lot of drama surrounding this and I am going to be guilty of making this post to give it even more attention than it needs. But I need to get this off my chest. I am also one of those players that got the ban along with the majority of my friends. You know what, I'm ok with this and my friends also, we spent 3 months there only to lose everything. I am not going to bad mouth J, I hope the best for his server and the players that play there. Let's just drop it and let him be. I hope that he changes for the betterment of the server's health and longevity. 1x servers are a rarety and we don't want to see the players that play there suffer.

We've all learned a lesson and let's just move on and let him do what makes him happy, whatever that may be.

Nova

That's one way to deal with it, but as long as this LJ guys exists, we will keep on hearing stories like yours here over and over again. Just like we have heard them over and over since the start of his foray into the RO community. Maybe if people did a better job exposing this guy for what he is, you wouldn't have had to go through this nonsense with your friends and would have been happily playing RO without losing anything.

I don't get why you are ok with this at all, because it's not okay. People like him don't change and it's in the interest of basically everyone who is even remotely interested in playing lowrates, that people who have had negative experiences with him (a lot of people) inform others on how you as a player get treated on his server.

MaybeImWrong

I only say this because RMS will take no action despite the so many people coming here and telling their side. And all that ends up happening is that the threads get locked. So if a player is coming here for info, they might be getting mixed signals. Why was the thread locked.... why hasn't RMS taken care of it if this is indeed a problem, why are the reviews still super positive.

Nova

Quote from: MaybeImWrong on Jan 20, 2022, 03:29 PM
I only say this because RMS will take no action despite the so many people coming here and telling their side. And all that ends up happening is that the threads get locked. So if a player is coming here for info, they might be getting mixed signals. Why was the thread locked.... why hasn't RMS taken care of it if this is indeed a problem, why are the reviews still super positive.
Mixed signals is better than no signals. RMS probably won't change, it is what it is. As long as people keep a thread up on the front page telling it like it is, then that is good enough. If you're gonna play on a 1x server and invest hours upon hours into it without checking to see what's going on in there, then that's on them to take that risk. But at least having a visible warning out there should do just fine. It's not like LJ lacks enemies. There are enough people who are more than happy to pitch in and lay down some facts. Probably for as long as this guy is active in the RO community.

jacobo_bobo

Was another topic needed for you to say this, when there are other active topics created by your friends already?

The last 3 topics on the RMS home page are about RO travels.. all you are doing is giving the server tons of free advertisement.  Have you ever heard of the phrase "There is no such thing as bad publicity" ? it is the notion that all mentions in the media aid a person's cause, even if they put them in a bad light.

Negative reviews on ratemyserver usually result in a lot more people clicking it and reading it than a good review (which are often ignored). If Yc has data on this, I'm sure he can confirm it. People love drama, it's simple. People also like experiencing things by themselves and making their own mistakes. This is all just giving RO Travels a lot of free advertisement and making a ton of people curious enough about the server that they may consider trying it.

Of course, I don't want to generalize.. it doesn't apply to everyone. But it is true to a certain degree.

At this point, even I want to try it and see what its about  /heh

Thibaud

It doesn't matter if we are doing "bad publicity" to advertise his server.
I'm sure that 40-50% of the positive reviews are made by the server staff themselves, which automatically leads to advertisement on the RMS website.
After every negative review, 2-3 positive reviews come up asap.

It is a scheme which should definetly be watched over by RMS.
There is need of punishment to Lord J, like he punishes his players from time to time. Maybe he'll learn out of it and change to the good.
At least the left active players would deserve that.

Eiponpon

thibaud is so mad over his ban that hes inventing coping mechanisms now lmao. it gets positive reviews because its a good server

fake reviews from a mad guild is just going to encourage more people to leave reviews

Quote from: jacobo_bobo on Jan 20, 2022, 03:48 PM
The last 3 topics on the RMS home page are about RO travels.. all you are doing is giving the server tons of free advertisement.  Have you ever heard of the phrase "There is no such thing as bad publicity".
they still dont get this

yC

The reason the other topic (this topic as now the 2 topics are merged) is locked is because it is going way off topic, full of accusation and imagination.  Everything wanted to be said have been said and was said even in months ago topic about the same problem.

Many people come to me, tell me to check on the reviews, check on the new users.  Well that has always been an on-going process, but you tell me how easy is it to get a new "identity" (won't get into the details) on the internet.  If there is nothing that rise a red flag in the process, we have to give it the benefit of the doubt and treat it as a clean new user. 

There is no point in posting and pointing finger at new accounts on both sides of the argument.  Chances are even I have the information in front of me, I wouldn't be able to make the connection if it is hidden well.  So any posts claiming those are all based the poster's judgement and shall be removed.  You are the reader, you see the same thing as the poster, use your own judgement and decide which post you want to believe.

Now, this topic is just going the same way as the previous one.  I will simply merge the topic and keep it locked.