Ragnarok Travels- Again

Started by Lordy_J, Apr 09, 2022, 10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordy_J

I have been playing on travels for about 5ish months. I enjoyed most of my time there and honestly the community while small is pretty nice, but please stay away, the GM team is on a power trip and their number one motto is censor ship.
Where do i even begin with the issues.
- They have an automod set up on the discord server which is perfectly normal. But i can say F**K and nothing gets flagged. If you say Ban or any word similiar, you get a 1hour silence and post deleted. This only exists because they don't want people discussing banned players or asking about them.
- Posts are regularly shadow deleted from the discord. Then zero explanation is given why your post is deleted, what rule it broke if any. If you ask about a missing post you get silenced and that post is deleted. If you bring up banned players the posts just get deleted.
- The staff snoops all private message and guild chat logs, and either create alt discord accounts or get friends to spy on private guild discords. This is unacceptable, you can't police people on their own discord groups.

A guild mate of mine was permabanned from the travels discord for talking about vpns and "slurs" against the staff. We did say some choice words in venting in our private discord group, but it was that, private. When I reached out to all mighty lord J as to why he was banned, I was sent screen shots from our personal guild discord which he should not have been able to look at. He found a 2.5/5 review i left(since changed to a 0/5) and banned me for it. I broke no rules, never multi cliented, botted, cheated, or did anything against the server rules, but Lord J did not like what we wrote in our personal discord and my review so he banned me.

Update: My guild leader reached out to the Gm to try and have peace talks to get me unbanned and figure out why we were being spied on in our private guild discord. Instead of having an actual dialog, Lord J decided that he is responsible for everything his guild does and says, and to even think of asking for me to be unbanned meant he was also perma banned with me.

Imperial Regalia

This player goes by "UnknownGod", and was banned for impersonating staff, using slurs against staff, and discussion of using VPNs to break server rules.

Lordy_J

Quote from: Imperial Regalia on Apr 09, 2022, 11:04 PM
This player goes by "UnknownGod", and was banned for impersonating staff, using slurs against staff, and discussion of using VPNs to break server rules.

When I was banned yesterday it was for slander and slurs, now its impersonating staff, slurs and discussing VPNs.
Impersonating staff, i made my name similar to yours, never once pretended to be you or even alude I was you, so not really impersonating.
Slurs- I dont think you know what that word means, we said some choice things about you in our "private" guild discord, but I would not say they were slurs, nor where they said in an public forum, but a private forum to vent.
VPN- We discussed that one could use a VPN to get around dual client limits, we also told someone who talked about it to not do it. I wasn't banned for using a VPN to break rules, but saying that you could use a VPN to break rules. That's like getting arrested for saying you could use a knife to rob someone, but never actually doing it. Once again, this information was taken from our private chats. So were being banned for the discussion of rule breaking, and spying.

BaphometRag

These kind of obvious cheater players getting banned is why I like travels. Many servers are overrun with them

Quote from: Lordy_J on Apr 09, 2022, 11:12 PM
When I was banned yesterday it was for slander and slurs, now its impersonating staff, slurs and discussing VPNs.
Impersonating staff, i made my name similar to yours, never once pretended to be you or even alude I was you, so not really impersonating.
Slurs- I dont think you know what that word means, we said some choice things about you in our "private" guild discord, but I would not say they were slurs, nor where they said in an public forum, but a private forum to vent.
VPN- We discussed that one could use a VPN to get around dual client limits, we also told someone who talked about it to not do it. I wasn't banned for using a VPN to break rules, but saying that you could use a VPN to break rules. That's like getting arrested for saying you could use a knife to rob someone, but never actually doing it. Once again, this information was taken from our private chats. So were being banned for the discussion of rule breaking, and spying.
So you didnt impersonate him you just use his name with 1 character difference...? Oh okay

Lordy_J

Quote from: BaphometRag on Apr 10, 2022, 12:15 AM
These kind of obvious cheater players getting banned is why I like travels. Many servers are overrun with them

Never were banned or accused of cheating. We were banned for discussing something that could be used for cheating. Not how to cheat, or that we would cheat, but that a VPN could be used to get around the dual client rule or an ip ban.

I made the name out of frustration. If you look at my 3 posts and review, none of them even hint at the fact that I am lord J. Hell even Lord J doesnt use his normal account, instead he uses his alt Imperial Regalia.

LumpiaWrapper

oh yeah i seen your first review that mysteriously deleted. and the funny this is the RO travels got reviewed like 3times that day trying to bury the Neutral Review of yours.

LOL

Savyon

Not surprising. Similar stuff happened with my guild(spies). Warning for everyone: Just avoid this server and anything Lord J touches
By the way, every single reply so far above is alts of Lord J, so don't bother talking to them.

Shuchou

The server really should be renamed to PowertrippingRO - Where you could get banned for anything, even saying banana.
Watching Rii comments in their server discord shows they don't understand most of RO as a whole, poor staff choice indeed.

sheik92

You should go to r/ragnarokonline and grab some popcorns honestly, the amount of throwaways these guys do just to prove their point is unreal. I really admire their commitment

LumpiaWrapper

Quote from: sheik92 on Apr 10, 2022, 09:19 PM
You should go to r/ragnarokonline and grab some popcorns honestly, the amount of throwaways these guys do just to prove their point is unreal. I really admire their commitment
oh yeah i love how that 3 guys tried to defend ROTravels. as if their life depended on it.

Nova

Quote from: sheik92 on Apr 10, 2022, 09:19 PM
It is quite incredible I'll give him that. I wonder if he does it all himself or if he buys comments from services.
I am not associated with NovaRO.

Sams

this server has been abusing the review system for quite a while now. I've been on the server, I liked the people there, but kinda wanted to leave after seeing some weird stuff going on, on their discord (ppl get muted). As soon as I went to others discord channels associated with the server I could already smell s***: first thing was someone who played with a GM who got banned just for talking pretty much. Now what that gm do, go on those private discord channel screenshot stuff out of context and ban. No real proof in Game of cheating whatsoever.

A GM with a all-or-nothing mindset, should never run a server especially a low rate one. What people want is an understanding GM who is fair its simple. But Ragnarok Travels fail at that. What they do now is go on the sub reddit and tell that they banned cheaters, go on the reviews page here, contest the review, tell the guy is a cheater and ban him.

It just show that they probably ban more people than any servers and/or that their community is garbage can filled with cheaters. What a nice view. But hey according to some travellings-maniacs it's "the best" server ever, so great that there is like 50-60 people commenting (subreddit) all of a sudden, more people commenting than a big server of 1k people.

Rayeth

Quote from: Sams on Apr 11, 2022, 12:53 PM
this server has been abusing the review system for quite a while now. I've been on the server, I liked the people there, but kinda wanted to leave after seeing some weird stuff going on, on their discord (ppl get muted). As soon as I went to others discord channels associated with the server I could already smell s***: first thing was someone who played with a GM who got banned just for talking pretty much. Now what that gm do, go on those private discord channel screenshot stuff out of context and ban. No real proof in Game of cheating whatsoever.

A GM with a all-or-nothing mindset, should never run a server especially a low rate one. What people want is an understanding GM who is fair its simple. But Ragnarok Travels fail at that. What they do now is go on the sub reddit and tell that they banned cheaters, go on the reviews page here, contest the review, tell the guy is a cheater and ban him.

It just show that they probably ban more people than any servers and/or that their community is garbage can filled with cheaters. What a nice view. But hey according to some travellings-maniacs it's "the best" server ever, so great that there is like 50-60 people commenting (subreddit) all of a sudden, more people commenting than a big server of 1k people.

This server has fake number of people I remember when the population says there are like 80 + online players 30+ merchants. I know something is fishy when I couldn't find these players that they are talking about. So I counted how many merchant in town and guess what there are like 60+ merchants. Something is not adding up. FAKE reviews; fake online players and nasty GM.  Stay away. /heh

MaybeImWrong

Quote from: Sams on Apr 11, 2022, 12:53 PM

Looks like travels has be delisted off RMS too now.

Herpderp

Quote from: MaybeImWrong on Apr 11, 2022, 09:34 PM

Looks like travels has be delisted off RMS too now.

Banned from the Ragnarok reddit as well. The first server to ever get a complete ban, congrats!  /heh