Ragnarok Travels.. (Quitting)

Started by XiaoLuLu, Jan 13, 2022, 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyeang3l

Quote from: Deskdrawer on Jan 27, 2022, 07:11 PM
As an outsider looking in, this is kinda unfortunate, selfishly unfortunate for me, and unfortunate all around.

For context, I haven't played RO in any earnest way in like, 15 years and was just looking for a low rate, pre-re server that was in North America and wasn't plagued by item (donation) shops. Saw this neat looking server called "Ragnarok Travels" on the server listing, low rates, promised no pay to win, NA, sweet, exactly what I'm looking for. Go to the website, kinda weird, not going to lie. At first it wasn't all that big of a deal because, hey man sell what you are, I have no gripes fluffing own accomplishments a little if you think it brings in new players. However, it kinda went on, and on, and on, breaking down differences between servers, why other servers aren't as good as this one is, bringing back the magic, that sort of thing. This is my personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt, but when a server needs to put itself on a pedestal against other servers, rather than stand on its own merits, it's a red flag.

Next came looking up some reviews, googling the name, figuring out if it would be worth investing time into, and oh boy, that was pure magic. I've spent the last couple hours looking over a mess that spans a couple years, a mess of accusations, name calling, screenshots of conversations, claims of revolution, it was all pretty intense. People have called the server owner a fraudulent liar, the server owner has called people cry babies and cheaters, and at the end of the day, I really just don't like any of you. I don't mean that personally, but whatever is going on here is just cancerous. Again, just my opinion, a server owner shouldn't engage with heated cheaters, I get the need to defend what's yours, but making statements talking about how people are cry babies, how you're proud of the "graveyard" of bans you sit atop, how people just don't understand how things work, is chumpery. On the reverse, if you have a grievance with the server, there's gotta be a better way to do it than resorting to a flame battle, since that looks suspect on your part. A calm, collected negative review that sticks to its guns is far more effective at making people take you serious, than ACTUALLY looking like the angry cheater that the owner claims you to be.

I'm not new to RO drama but, selfishly, it sucks from my standpoint because as far as what the server OFFERS is concerned, I would have eaten it up, it was exactly what I was looking for, I'd be downloading it right now, but at this point I really don't trust any opinion that comes from these threads or even the RMS reviews, too many same day created accounts giving 95 - 100 scores (I know, ironic since I also just created this account to post this.)

My best advice is, please change, or fix it, or drop the drama, I'd like to play here, but I don't want to get to 99 on a 1x server and get banned for having a minor disagreement with someone, or criticizing a feature. In the mean time, I'm in the market for a low rate, pre-re, NA server that doesn't have pay to win donations, any help would be appreciated.

Frankly that's exactly why people keep posting here. A lot of players on this server have invested so much time into a hardcore 1x experience to either get banned or see their friends banned for simple disagreements with the admin. It's a warning to not waste your time here. Travels is very enticing on the surface but is ultimately nothing but smoke and mirrors. Take it from me and try literally any other 1x if you're interested. There are several on the market(just search by rates and you will find several without suspicious fake reviews).

The owner of the server is engaging in obfuscation where he attempts to make the situation seem muddy to confuse onlookers, but remember, if something smells like crap, it usually is crap. Happy server hunting.
Yare yare daze~

icywings

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 27, 2022, 07:24 PM
like 7 new players joined today. I still dont know why people think these threads do anything but accomplish the opposite of their intentions overall lmao

Here's the thing, it could have been 8.

Servers need to try to make as many people satisfied and curious to join, not actively trying to repel people. Don't you see what happens to those Open World PVP MMORPGs? (Like Mortal Online or what would New World be)

When one decides NOT to join a server due to its community or their owner/administration, you have a problem.

Hazalghar

As an outsider looking in
Just dropping in to say I'm opposite. Checked out the server because of the thread and decided to stay because it's a good server.

Eiponpon

Quote from: icywings on Jan 27, 2022, 08:03 PM
Here's the thing, it could have been 8.
couldve been 8 but wouldve been 0 if not for this thread

Quote from: skyeang3l on Jan 27, 2022, 08:01 PM
A lot of players on this server have invested so much time into a hardcore 1x experience to either get banned or see their friends banned for simple disagreements with the admin. It's a warning to not waste your time here. Travels is very enticing on the surface but is ultimately nothing but smoke and mirrors. Take it from me and try literally any other 1x if you're interested. There are several on the market(just search by rates and you will find several without suspicious fake reviews).

The owner of the server is engaging in obfuscation where he attempts to make the situation seem muddy to confuse onlookers, but remember, if something smells like crap, it usually is crap. Happy server hunting.
the owner hasnt even posted here. the only one attempting to muddy the waters is you. no one has gotten banned for a disagreement thats a madeup lie. this person and her guild got banned from the server for low behavior that wouldve gotten them banned anywhere. you can disregard this

icywings

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 27, 2022, 08:35 PM
the owner hasnt even posted here. the only one attempting to muddy the waters is you. no one has gotten banned for a disagreement thats a madeup lie. this person and her guild got banned from the server for low behavior that wouldve gotten them banned anywhere. you can disregard this
Wish to see both side's proof.

Nova

As an outsider looking in, this is kinda unfortunate, selfishly unfortunate for me, and unfortunate all around.

For context, I haven't played RO in any earnest way in like, 15 years and was just looking for a low rate, pre-re server that was in North America and wasn't plagued by item (donation) shops. Saw this neat looking server called "Ragnarok Travels" on the server listing, low rates, promised no pay to win, NA, sweet, exactly what I'm looking for. Go to the website, kinda weird, not going to lie. At first it wasn't all that big of a deal because, hey man sell what you are, I have no gripes fluffing own accomplishments a little if you think it brings in new players. However, it kinda went on, and on, and on, breaking down differences between servers, why other servers aren't as good as this one is, bringing back the magic, that sort of thing. This is my personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt, but when a server needs to put itself on a pedestal against other servers, rather than stand on its own merits, it's a red flag.

Next came looking up some reviews, googling the name, figuring out if it would be worth investing time into, and oh boy, that was pure magic. I've spent the last couple hours looking over a mess that spans a couple years, a mess of accusations, name calling, screenshots of conversations, claims of revolution, it was all pretty intense. People have called the server owner a fraudulent liar, the server owner has called people cry babies and cheaters, and at the end of the day, I really just don't like any of you. I don't mean that personally, but whatever is going on here is just cancerous. Again, just my opinion, a server owner shouldn't engage with heated cheaters, I get the need to defend what's yours, but making statements talking about how people are cry babies, how you're proud of the "graveyard" of bans you sit atop, how people just don't understand how things work, is chumpery. On the reverse, if you have a grievance with the server, there's gotta be a better way to do it than resorting to a flame battle, since that looks suspect on your part. A calm, collected negative review that sticks to its guns is far more effective at making people take you serious, than ACTUALLY looking like the angry cheater that the owner claims you to be.

I'm not new to RO drama but, selfishly, it sucks from my standpoint because as far as what the server OFFERS is concerned, I would have eaten it up, it was exactly what I was looking for, I'd be downloading it right now, but at this point I really don't trust any opinion that comes from these threads or even the RMS reviews, too many same day created accounts giving 95 - 100 scores (I know, ironic since I also just created this account to post this.)

My best advice is, please change, or fix it, or drop the drama, I'd like to play here, but I don't want to get to 99 on a 1x server and get banned for having a minor disagreement with someone, or criticizing a feature. In the mean time, I'm in the market for a low rate, pre-re, NA server that doesn't have pay to win donations, any help would be appreciated.

You've probably read my review from a bit more than a year ago. I've periodically kept up to date with the "drama" all this time. Here's the thing about this whole situation. I can't remember a single server that has been surrounded by so much negativity in all the years that I've seen servers come and go. And this is for a very simple reason. When you as an authoritative figure (in this case a RO server owner) mistreat your players like this, ban them for disagreements on a public space, censor them and even lie about the reason why they were banned, you get people incredibly angry.

Consider this example scenario; You are having fun playing RO, investing many tens of hours into the server or perhaps even hundreds when one day, the server owner decides to increase the price of certain important usable tool dealer items by 500% and increase the cost of the Teleportation skill by 1000%. Obviously you and many others do not agree with this change and you go on Discord to complain about this, telling the admin that it should be reverted. The admin then removes your comment, tells you how wrong you are for even suggesting such a thing and mutes you. This makes you upset. Then later on when your mute has ended, you go back on discord and complain about your mute. And then BAM! you are now banned from the server. This makes you very angry. Later on, you are still fuming due to the injustice that has been done to you and you leave a negative review on RMS which also gets deleted by the server owner (Yes, he can do that). Now this person has created a feud with you and you have no way to respond other than to write some negative words on the RMS forums to spread the word. The owner then comes into your thread and falsely accuses you of being a "cheater" which is why you were banned. He has now created an enemy.

The above actually happened to (many) people so it should not be a surprise that they are actively spreading the word about how that server is being run. Look at it this way; Yes it sucks that we are even having this conversation and yes it sucks that this is going on in the 1x server community no less, but if it wasn't for all these people speaking about their experiences, you would have probably been playing there right now. And the chances are reasonably high that you would have gotten into a similar situation in the future.

Added a few screenshots of that happening incase someone comes in to refute this. There is a lot more, but I will spare you the nonsense:
Spoiler

[close]

As for a good 1x lowrate to play on, I recommend the n3 ranked lowrate. There are good people there.
I am not associated with NovaRO.

Savyon

Eiponpon can't answer a simple question such as who they are on discord and in-game. I guess he needs more time to think of a lie.

Deskdrawer

Quote from: Nova on Jan 27, 2022, 10:11 PMAs for a good 1x lowrate to play on, I recommend the n3 ranked lowrate. There are good people there.

I'm actually downloading it right now, I see they're classic atm, I'm gleaning they are planning on progressing slowly, but I honestly have been out of the game so long I forget, does this mean at some point it'll be like other pre-re servers with trans classes and 70 job level?

Nova

Quote from: Deskdrawer on Jan 27, 2022, 10:45 PM
I'm actually downloading it right now, I see they're classic atm, I'm gleaning they are planning on progressing slowly, but I honestly have been out of the game so long I forget, does this mean at some point it'll be like other pre-re servers with trans classes and 70 job level?
Not quite, because the staff there have some very cool plans laid out for the future. There is a lot of custom stuff, but it's stuff that fits into the classic progression that they're still in. I think if you read around for a bit and see what is in store, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I actually wrote a review a few months ago about it so you might want to have a look at that to start off.

Eiponpon

Quote from: Nova on Jan 27, 2022, 10:11 PM, but if it wasn't for all these people speaking about their experiences, you would have probably been playing there right now.
if it wasnt for threads like this 7 players (now 8 ) wouldnt have joined the server today. travels doesnt have much drama the community is one of its strong points but it does have it occasionally because the admin is one of the few who actually bans cheaters and corruption and has low tolerance for troublemakers. this is why its in my view the best low rate ive played and why many share that view.

ive played a lot of servers and until travels I hadnt encountered a single one that wasnt corrupt or controlled by the largest guild on the server. these guilds are used to controlling servers and if you dont let them they get very mad. after nova got banned from travels for multi-clienting he put his hopes and dreams into another 1x server that died for the reasons I just mentioned, the admin was too scared to put his foot down. a very tragic tale and ironic way to learn that you were wrong about something

icywings

Nova sent proof from his side, where's yours Eiponpon?
Also, your grammar hurts my eyes...

Savyon

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 27, 2022, 11:02 PM
if it wasnt for threads like this 7 players (now 8 ) wouldnt have joined the server today. travels doesnt have much drama the community is one of its strong points but it does have it occasionally because the admin is one of the few who actually bans cheaters and corruption and has low tolerance for troublemakers. this is why its in my view the best low rate ive played and why many share that view.

ive played a lot of servers and until travels I hadnt encountered a single one that wasnt corrupt or controlled by the largest guild on the server. these guilds are used to controlling servers and if you dont let them they get very mad. after nova got banned from travels for multi-clienting he put his hopes and dreams into another 1x server that died for the reasons I just mentioned, the admin was too scared to put his foot down. a very tragic tale and ironic way to learn that you were wrong about something

Yet another post that avoids my simple question.

Also, banning the largest guilds to avoid any guilds becoming too powerful isn't something to brag about.

Deskdrawer

Quote from: Nova on Jan 27, 2022, 10:55 PM
Not quite, because the staff there have some very cool plans laid out for the future. There is a lot of custom stuff, but it's stuff that fits into the classic progression that they're still in. I think if you read around for a bit and see what is in store, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I actually wrote a review a few months ago about it so you might want to have a look at that to start off.

Oh, I won't lie, I really like the trans classes and 70 level, really mostly because it's what I'm most used to while playing LLRO.

Nova

Quote from: Deskdrawer on Jan 27, 2022, 11:24 PM
Oh, I won't lie, I really like the trans classes and 70 level, really mostly because it's what I'm most used to while playing LLRO.
I feel the same way actually. I love playing mastersmith the most. But I would suggest to hop into the server discord for a bit then go to the announcement section, scroll down to the end and check out the post posted a few days ago on January 23. It's about what they have envisioned for the future. That's basically what I mean when I say it'll be a bit different probably.

BaphometRag

Quote from: InsomniacTV on Jan 27, 2022, 02:29 PM
Playing there again now because of this thread and this isn't true

I think the admin is doing good. The more I talked to players there and him the more I realized that most of the stuff in this thread is just completely made up stuff from guilds who got banned and hate to see Travels doing better than the servers they had to settle for. And I agree with you about great accuracy and community. Performance is top tier no complaints there
My friends who see this thread feel same way as you