Ragnarok Travels.. (Quitting)

Started by XiaoLuLu, Jan 13, 2022, 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thibaud

Quote from: Neffletics on Jan 23, 2022, 04:34 PM
When will people learn to quit without causing a commotion? It's already 2022, and these things will continue to occur, with the same problems that we've seen in previous years.

Joining a private server implies that you understand the risk that these s*** may occur, and we should simply move on if the server no longer makes us happy.

Well, like faker already said, it is about to make a huge WARN-SIGN to servers which are under the lead of a tyrann who doesn't care about his players.
Also it is something different to quit because you are unhappy with a server or gettin' banned for nothing.
That happened to at least 20-30 people already on this example.

If i'm speaking for myself, i only want to advice players who play there or want to play there, that they shouldn't.
At least if they dont want to lose all their progress, with huge time-investment.
And this is what the website is for. Reviewing a server, rather its negative or positive.

Savyon

Lord J simply made up reasons for my ban, because it would make him look really bad if the public knew the actual reason. I disagreed with the patch, and so did my whole guild. We were going to stop playing until it was reverted.

He knew that if a very active staff member(myself) and the biggest guild on the server quit, it would snowball into many others quitting. He made this plan to ban us so he could decide the reason for our disappearance. He banned me and picked a reason that sounds believable due to me buying a lot of elus in the past.

It's not much different than the real life documentaries with a dude covering up their murders with 'suicide'.

wLink

Why would price fixing be something illegal anyway? It keeps the prices from getting too low if overfarmed and the buyer(s) can actually end up being in a loss instead of a profit. Moreover this is something that is not mentioned in Travels' terms of service so those players couldn't even know they were breaking a rule.

BaphometRag

Quote from: Neffletics on Jan 23, 2022, 04:34 PM
When will people learn to quit without causing a commotion? It's already 2022, and these things will continue to occur, with the same problems that we've seen in previous years.

Joining a private server implies that you understand the risk that these s*** may occur, and we should simply move on if the server no longer makes us happy.
Agree. This simply make server look good and people who do this look bad

Eiponpon

Quote from: Savyon on Jan 24, 2022, 10:45 AM
Lord J simply made up reasons for my ban, because it would make him look really bad if the public knew the actual reason. I disagreed with the patch, and so did my whole guild. We were going to stop playing until it was reverted.
even I know youre lying because when it happened I got messaged on discord by from someone in your guild who goes by egreff saying "hey join our boycott" and I was never in your guild which means yall were poaching randoms. you guild wouldve got banned from any server for pulling that

Savyon

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 24, 2022, 04:38 PM
even I know youre lying because when it happened I got messaged on discord by from someone in your guild who goes by egreff saying "hey join our boycott" and I was never in your guild which means yall were poaching randoms. you guild wouldve got banned from any server for pulling that
Who are you in discord / in-game?

Like I said, we decided to quit as a group until the changes were reverted. What's petty is that players who got banned for deciding to quit stayed banned even after Lord J reverted his patch. Too much pride to accept that he was wrong in banning us, but he knew the server stood no chance at all if he didn't revert the patch.

Bran86

Played there for nearly half a year. Great accuracy, nice community, sadly bad performance and the worst admin I ever encountered.

Normally I don't discuss in here and only read. But the lies that are being told here are to severe.

How can anybody who plays there and follows discord defend Lord Js actions? He can not cope with any kind of criticism, gets insulting and bans people for responding in kind. He creates a mood of constant fear of saying something wrong and he or his cult like followers beat down anything that isnt 100% company policy.

That he obviously Bans people for joining other Discords or trying out a new server speaks for itself.

The second major problem are the obviously fake reviews that damage the servers reputation and the manipulated user numbers. There should about 100 real players online constantly but the server feels more dead than servers with 1/3 of this number.

Overall I can only warn anybody not to repeat my mistake. Best stay clear.

skyeang3l

Quote from: Bran86 on Jan 27, 2022, 08:45 AM
Played there for nearly half a year. Great accuracy, nice community, sadly bad performance and the worst admin I ever encountered.

Normally I don't discuss in here and only read. But the lies that are being told here are to severe.

How can anybody who plays there and follows discord defend Lord Js actions? He can not cope with any kind of criticism, gets insulting and bans people for responding in kind. He creates a mood of constant fear of saying something wrong and he or his cult like followers beat down anything that isnt 100% company policy.

That he obviously Bans people for joining other Discords or trying out a new server speaks for itself.

The second major problem are the obviously fake reviews that damage the servers reputation and the manipulated user numbers. There should about 100 real players online constantly but the server feels more dead than servers with 1/3 of this number.

Overall I can only warn anybody not to repeat my mistake. Best stay clear.
You're not wrong in thinking that the player count is fabricated. I logged in to count over 100 autotraders but the website consistently says around 60.

Anyway, I'm sorry that you had to experience J's tyranny for yourself after playing for such a long period of time. There are better servers out there with friendlier GMs.
Yare yare daze~

InsomniacTV

Quote from: Bran86 on Jan 27, 2022, 08:45 AM
Playing there again now because of this thread and this isn't true

I think the admin is doing good. The more I talked to players there and him the more I realized that most of the stuff in this thread is just completely made up stuff from guilds who got banned and hate to see Travels doing better than the servers they had to settle for. And I agree with you about great accuracy and community. Performance is top tier no complaints there

Eiponpon

Quote from: InsomniacTV on Jan 27, 2022, 02:29 PMfrom guilds who got banned and hate to see Travels doing better than the servers they had to settle for.
bingo bingo. you solved the case

Quote from: skyeang3l on Jan 27, 2022, 09:59 AM
I logged in
lmao. you and your guild got banned like a year ago and youre still ban evading in 2022. not only is desperate but shows lack of respect for the rules. not exactly confidence inspiring

Shuchou

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 27, 2022, 03:53 PM
bingo bingo. you solved the case
lmao. you and your guild got banned like a year ago and youre still ban evading in 2022. not only is desperate but shows lack of respect for the rules. not exactly confidence inspiring

Ok Lord J, if you say so. Funny how after someone calls out the fake player count the site magically no longer displays it just an M now

icywings

I was thinking on watching the drama from the inside (by making an account) but the moment I saw one stupid article about "the problem of rates above 1x", it felt so entitled and bad that I stepped away.

Thanks for saving my time guys, I'll keep on a higher rate, but not as much (20x) server that has WAY MORE PLAYERS than travels ^^

Deskdrawer

As an outsider looking in, this is kinda unfortunate, selfishly unfortunate for me, and unfortunate all around.

For context, I haven't played RO in any earnest way in like, 15 years and was just looking for a low rate, pre-re server that was in North America and wasn't plagued by item (donation) shops. Saw this neat looking server called "Ragnarok Travels" on the server listing, low rates, promised no pay to win, NA, sweet, exactly what I'm looking for. Go to the website, kinda weird, not going to lie. At first it wasn't all that big of a deal because, hey man sell what you are, I have no gripes fluffing own accomplishments a little if you think it brings in new players. However, it kinda went on, and on, and on, breaking down differences between servers, why other servers aren't as good as this one is, bringing back the magic, that sort of thing. This is my personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt, but when a server needs to put itself on a pedestal against other servers, rather than stand on its own merits, it's a red flag.

Next came looking up some reviews, googling the name, figuring out if it would be worth investing time into, and oh boy, that was pure magic. I've spent the last couple hours looking over a mess that spans a couple years, a mess of accusations, name calling, screenshots of conversations, claims of revolution, it was all pretty intense. People have called the server owner a fraudulent liar, the server owner has called people cry babies and cheaters, and at the end of the day, I really just don't like any of you. I don't mean that personally, but whatever is going on here is just cancerous. Again, just my opinion, a server owner shouldn't engage with heated cheaters, I get the need to defend what's yours, but making statements talking about how people are cry babies, how you're proud of the "graveyard" of bans you sit atop, how people just don't understand how things work, is chumpery. On the reverse, if you have a grievance with the server, there's gotta be a better way to do it than resorting to a flame battle, since that looks suspect on your part. A calm, collected negative review that sticks to its guns is far more effective at making people take you serious, than ACTUALLY looking like the angry cheater that the owner claims you to be.

I'm not new to RO drama but, selfishly, it sucks from my standpoint because as far as what the server OFFERS is concerned, I would have eaten it up, it was exactly what I was looking for, I'd be downloading it right now, but at this point I really don't trust any opinion that comes from these threads or even the RMS reviews, too many same day created accounts giving 95 - 100 scores (I know, ironic since I also just created this account to post this.)

My best advice is, please change, or fix it, or drop the drama, I'd like to play here, but I don't want to get to 99 on a 1x server and get banned for having a minor disagreement with someone, or criticizing a feature. In the mean time, I'm in the market for a low rate, pre-re, NA server that doesn't have pay to win donations, any help would be appreciated.

Eiponpon

Quote from: Shuchou on Jan 27, 2022, 04:28 PM
Ok Lord J, if you say so. Funny how after someone calls out the fake player count the site magically no longer displays it just an M now
that always happens after maintenances. like calling everyone you disagree with lord j, inventing alternative realities isnt going to help you

Quote from: icywings on Jan 27, 2022, 06:26 PM
I was thinking on watching the drama from the inside (by making an account) but the moment I saw
like 7 new players joined today. I still dont know why people think these threads do anything but accomplish the opposite of their intentions overall lmao

LumpiaWrapper

try another low rate server, if u want no mutli client why not try retRO(Eu based) or OathRO(US based), or if ur okay with multiclient Origins,heRO or talon RO, but if u dont mind getting banned for something or going to protest against a certain patch try RagnarokTravels just stay away from Lord J or Rii(dunno) and ur be fine i guess?. /ok