Ragnarok Travels ban and lies.

Started by Helirose, Jan 19, 2022, 10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resunas

Quote from: XiaoLuLu on Jan 20, 2022, 12:46 AM
Which legit player will go all the way and create account in RMS to create a review post telling people how the server is the "best" in the world 100% emulation from the original? clearly damage control and propaganda..

I always find it interesting.  They don't put out messages saying "Remember to review us on RMS" or anything like that, but magically after any negative review is posted,  new ones get posted, and within every one, "admin is great" or something along those lines.

Kazuki

Quote from: Resunas on Jan 20, 2022, 12:56 AM
I always find it interesting.  They don't put out messages saying "Remember to review us on RMS" or anything like that, but magically after any negative review is posted,  new ones get posted, and within every one, "admin is great" or something along those lines.

Don't forget to include the same "toxic" accusations and how glad they are the "admin stands up to toxic players."

There is no war in Ba Sing Se.

Ayahuasca

I don't know how many more anecdotes anyone needs about Lord J to understand playing there is a bad idea and you are subject to the whims of an unstable leader.  I can't be the only one who notices the constant stream of 1 day old accounts leaving near perfect reviews about how great Travels is either, right in the midst of this kind of stuff happening. You never hear anything about Lord J defending himself in a positive way - EVER - saying he's going to improve his leadership, or god forbid, an apology of any kind. You only ever see veiled defenses from multiple shady alt-accounts or complete dismissals of any criticism:

They were botting!
They were poaching!
They entered another server's discord!
They talked s*** about me in a DM and I spied so I saw!
They called me names on RMS and I spent time reverse engineering who they were!
They tried to break their +7 gear out of disgust for me!
They're a poo-poo head LIAR FAKE FRAUD!
Nothing matters because my server is the best EVER and *drum roll* "THE MOST AUTHENTIC SERVER EVER CREATED."

The list goes on and on and it is so absolutely pathetic by this point. ANYONE who has nice things to say about Travels or Lord J is without question someone on the sidelines who has miraculously avoided a dumb mute or ban for the slightest issue - either that, or they ARE Lord J.

OathRO and retRO are both miles ahead in terms of how players are treated. Ragnarok Travels holding the #2 spot as long as it has is, frankly, shameful and inauthentic. BOTH of them bend over backwards to be kind and to a reasonable extent democratic with their playerbase and that's why this kind of stuff simply does not happen there.

Raïner

I still remember players that thought Aesir ban wave was just and righteous, misleaded by Lord J's propaganda.

Whos laughing now?  /gg .

XiaoLuLu

Slander on lgbtq ppl? that time was a debate whether same sex marriage should be implemented and a guy keep spamming that every place in the world is pro lgbtq and moving towards that ideology and travels MUST implement it asap else the server will be flagged as an ANTI LGBTQ server and every LGBTQ player should quit the server, anyone oppose is bigoted and hate speech etc.. And should be Banned from the server. I just quote wikipedia about some muslim country's(even china itself) prohibit it and ppl could get death sentence and the quran about people of lot and only a part of the world take on that ideology, even usa just took it up recently and could be said as political. Social justice Warrior at the finest. I respect whether or not it is implemented and will not do anything about it, only thing i can do is vote/express my opinion. All is under Lord J's decision.. his server.

I did not get banned at Travels mind you, I quitted off my on accord.

who knows wat aesir is banned off? What i remember is because you guys keep wanting the server to start woe asap with god items and castle chest all up as you guys are the strongest at that time then stirring up false accusation about me as a guild effort on lgbtq topic because I oppose on woe and god items and mostly because I am the first and outspoken person to oppose your guild ideology in discord.. then on the sp cost for teleport and fly wing and i do know some ppl do poach ppl to play on retro, no slander there.. Hey everyone's affected for those decisions and its Lord J decision to do it, who knows what you guys talk about to Lord J when those incident occur. Definitely not an abuse of power from Lord J imo. When did Retro started and what happens? 1/1/1 with Woe and God item asap.. same sex marriage implemented.. who made the server??

I hope the mods will remove the slander from felixvu about me.. I do not torture and never killed animals other than mosquito ants etc.. disgusting act to spy and exaggerate about me shooting a cat with rubberband when i was like 10 yr old which happen more than 20 years ago.. Definitely told that story because i was openminded and openly admit that wasn't a good example and some ppl just took it against me seriously.. It is a very serious accusation there u made to others. no sympathy on you getting banned.

Remember who changed the server review to get unbanned by lord J to play travels again.. you felixvu.. I am civilized enough to not use those vulgar words towards you.. hope you will grow up someday.

TheMatt

Quote from: Ayahuasca on Jan 20, 2022, 01:24 AMI can't be the only one who notices the constant stream of 1 day old accounts leaving near perfect reviews
You got it backwards. Most of the negative ones are from 1 day accounts. Most of the positive ones aren't. And of course the community is going to defend their server.

Quote from: Ayahuasca on Jan 20, 2022, 01:24 AMis without question someone on the sidelines who has miraculously avoided a dumb mute or ban for the slightest issue
So.... literally almost everyone on the server? Not even getting the point here.

MaybeImWrong

Hey guys, I know that there is a lot of drama surrounding this and I am going to be guilty of making this post to give it even more attention than it needs. But I need to get this off my chest. I am also one of those players that got the ban along with the majority of my friends. You know what, I'm ok with this and my friends also, we spent 3 months there only to lose everything. I am not going to bad mouth J, I hope the best for his server and the players that play there. Let's just drop it and let him be. I hope that he changes for the betterment of the server's health and longevity. 1x servers are a rarety and we don't want to see the players that play there suffer.

We've all learned a lesson and let's just move on and let him do what makes him happy, whatever that may be.

Nova

That's one way to deal with it, but as long as this LJ guys exists, we will keep on hearing stories like yours here over and over again. Just like we have heard them over and over since the start of his foray into the RO community. Maybe if people did a better job exposing this guy for what he is, you wouldn't have had to go through this nonsense with your friends and would have been happily playing RO without losing anything.

I don't get why you are ok with this at all, because it's not okay. People like him don't change and it's in the interest of basically everyone who is even remotely interested in playing lowrates, that people who have had negative experiences with him (a lot of people) inform others on how you as a player get treated on his server.
I am not associated with NovaRO.

MaybeImWrong

I only say this because RMS will take no action despite the so many people coming here and telling their side. And all that ends up happening is that the threads get locked. So if a player is coming here for info, they might be getting mixed signals. Why was the thread locked.... why hasn't RMS taken care of it if this is indeed a problem, why are the reviews still super positive.

Nova

Quote from: MaybeImWrong on Jan 20, 2022, 03:29 PM
I only say this because RMS will take no action despite the so many people coming here and telling their side. And all that ends up happening is that the threads get locked. So if a player is coming here for info, they might be getting mixed signals. Why was the thread locked.... why hasn't RMS taken care of it if this is indeed a problem, why are the reviews still super positive.
Mixed signals is better than no signals. RMS probably won't change, it is what it is. As long as people keep a thread up on the front page telling it like it is, then that is good enough. If you're gonna play on a 1x server and invest hours upon hours into it without checking to see what's going on in there, then that's on them to take that risk. But at least having a visible warning out there should do just fine. It's not like LJ lacks enemies. There are enough people who are more than happy to pitch in and lay down some facts. Probably for as long as this guy is active in the RO community.
I am not associated with NovaRO.

jacobo_bobo

Was another topic needed for you to say this, when there are other active topics created by your friends already?

The last 3 topics on the RMS home page are about RO travels.. all you are doing is giving the server tons of free advertisement.  Have you ever heard of the phrase "There is no such thing as bad publicity" ? it is the notion that all mentions in the media aid a person's cause, even if they put them in a bad light.

Negative reviews on ratemyserver usually result in a lot more people clicking it and reading it than a good review (which are often ignored). If Yc has data on this, I'm sure he can confirm it. People love drama, it's simple. People also like experiencing things by themselves and making their own mistakes. This is all just giving RO Travels a lot of free advertisement and making a ton of people curious enough about the server that they may consider trying it.

Of course, I don't want to generalize.. it doesn't apply to everyone. But it is true to a certain degree.

At this point, even I want to try it and see what its about  /heh

Thibaud

It doesn't matter if we are doing "bad publicity" to advertise his server.
I'm sure that 40-50% of the positive reviews are made by the server staff themselves, which automatically leads to advertisement on the RMS website.
After every negative review, 2-3 positive reviews come up asap.

It is a scheme which should definetly be watched over by RMS.
There is need of punishment to Lord J, like he punishes his players from time to time. Maybe he'll learn out of it and change to the good.
At least the left active players would deserve that.

Eiponpon

thibaud is so mad over his ban that hes inventing coping mechanisms now lmao. it gets positive reviews because its a good server

fake reviews from a mad guild is just going to encourage more people to leave reviews

Quote from: jacobo_bobo on Jan 20, 2022, 03:48 PM
The last 3 topics on the RMS home page are about RO travels.. all you are doing is giving the server tons of free advertisement.  Have you ever heard of the phrase "There is no such thing as bad publicity".
they still dont get this

yC

The reason the other topic (this topic as now the 2 topics are merged) is locked is because it is going way off topic, full of accusation and imagination.  Everything wanted to be said have been said and was said even in months ago topic about the same problem.

Many people come to me, tell me to check on the reviews, check on the new users.  Well that has always been an on-going process, but you tell me how easy is it to get a new "identity" (won't get into the details) on the internet.  If there is nothing that rise a red flag in the process, we have to give it the benefit of the doubt and treat it as a clean new user. 

There is no point in posting and pointing finger at new accounts on both sides of the argument.  Chances are even I have the information in front of me, I wouldn't be able to make the connection if it is hidden well.  So any posts claiming those are all based the poster's judgement and shall be removed.  You are the reader, you see the same thing as the poster, use your own judgement and decide which post you want to believe.

Now, this topic is just going the same way as the previous one.  I will simply merge the topic and keep it locked.