Ragnarok Travels.. (Quitting)

Started by XiaoLuLu, Jan 13, 2022, 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khinaya

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 19, 2022, 06:45 PM
i remember  when savyon got removed. not a single player liked him and he deserved to go. and then he went to retro which died after he got there. cant imagine why..

Now hold on a minute. Before you yell and paint me as a villain again for actions caused by others I am going to make a disclaimer that I'm not partaking in this silly drama serverwise as it is between all of you who actually plays/played on the server but I do have to speak up about defamation of Sav. And since I did play retRO I can give an explanation as of why it died after he arrived//spoilers, he is actually not at fault here//

Stating that nobody likes him is very false. I read somewhere on the forums at least two or three times where people felt bad over the fact that he got screwed over by someone he willingly helped for months, on top of this being a close friend of his//if I remember correctly from Koko days of Amaterasu// somewhere in one of the many tRO threads he was labeled as the only staff member that was tolerable to some degree. I am 100% sure those people are not "alts" or friends of "alts". You definitely know that too despite trying to sweep a poorly made statement under the rug.

He and I have very, veeery different views and mindset on how to play Ragnarok Online but he has always been helpful, not just to me but to other arrivals too whether it's Koko, retRO or Travels. I know and remember as such from when we played together. Not to mention that he can be very insightful when it comes to actual gameplay mechanics. He can have very steadfast opinions as everybody else does - however - it is not right to defame a person in public in an attempt to win whatever this argument point is. He is helpful in his own way. Naturally people will like him. Some will be jealous because of these traits.

Now, to retRO. There's a myriad of reasons why it died. Starting with a point, many 1x episodic servers tend to die sometime between the Aldebaran/Juno patch. This is presumably because this is a memorable episode for many where they remember a time where the game was quite difficult//especially in a non-dual client system// as there was not many overpowered equipment and cards, different mob spawns that did require some form of partying, no rebirth, surely some other reasons.

After a big player spike that is actually thanks TO Sav due to helping with NA side of latency//correct me if I'm wrong!// a lot of people found out you could bypass the grind through slave EXP. Many were upset that it didn't get immediately fixed, so the "magic" of the 1x quickly disappeared as leveling came easy. retRO staff are in the right that this IS an official way to level, and it is within their rights not to fix it, but by not patching this issue quickly the server suffered losing the majority of loyal fans. There's also some heavy WOE drama which I am unfamiliar with which made the matter worse. Accusation of favoritism through misinformation and finally, the lack of players makes other players leave. A vicious cycle of the world of Ragnarok Online it seems. Thus, it died. It would've perished or low peaked with or without him in it. retRO staff took a huge risk and lost. That's the gist of it.

I know you just want the thread to stay alive but you will never have a sense of personal growth if you don't meet people at the middle of your arguments. You'll just keep defending until all these boogeymen stories happen to you and THEN you realize that you got majorly screwed over by the very person you've spent so much energy on. It's going to hurt a lot. But sometimes, it's exactly what you need to grow out of these scenarios. Just friendly advice if you wish to take it.

===
23/1/22
Responding here since it's no use trying to revive an old topic over and over again; I'm not sure why you're constantly obsessed with me, Eipon. I don't want to find out, either. Do your daily Libra-is-Evil chant. Living rent free there and all despite having done nothing to you or your friends.  /ok Said what's need to be said. Moving on!

Nova

Well said. Very accurate description of what happened over the past year or so. I can't fathom how you can treat someone who has for many months, been such a big helping hand to your personal project, so badly without any sense of appreciation and thankfulness. And then to go and even falsely defame that person publicly and lying about him. Even if it is just semi-anonymously over the internet, how can you do that? How do you call someone like that? A sociopath maybe.
I am not associated with NovaRO.

Resunas

Quote from: [email protected] on Jan 21, 2022, 10:56 AM
with all this hype around server .. and most people saying any negative review  reply with   "banned player" .. i decide to test it .. and gave a moderate bad review ... and admin did reply i am banned user  when i didnt even go past novice training ground and left bec i understood 1x/1x too less for me xD...  i guess i can trust u guys 100% this guy is a born liar ...  i will be deleting my review any way

I don't understand how this is allowed.  You are supposed to report if a server is offering bonuses for for leaving positive reviews,  but retaliatory action for negative reviews isn't also punished?

Eiponpon

Quote from: Nova on Jan 19, 2022, 10:22 PM
Well said. Very accurate description of what happened over the past year or so. I can't fathom how you can treat someone who has for many months, been such a big helping hand to your personal project, so badly without any sense of appreciation and thankfulness. And then to go and even falsely defame that person publicly and lying about him. Even if it is just semi-anonymously over the internet, how can you do that? How do you call someone like that? A sociopath maybe.
this is severe irony coming from someone who has wasted a year of his own life falsely lying about a server he got banned from. not that its accomplished anything

Thibaud

@Eiponpon:

Tell me your Discord/Ingame name on Travels. With all these background infos about every single ban from every player who did leave a negative review, i doubt that you are even a player.
So hello Mr. Lord J or. Mrs. Rii (maybe even the same person, who knows)
Btw, i'd advice you to not dupe your player counts this much, way too easy to check that the player counts ingame and on the website are also faked, like everything on your server.  /heh

LumpiaWrapper

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 22, 2022, 01:17 AM
its not defamation. savyon was disliked by a lot who wasnt in his guild over pricing shenanigans and no one screwed him over his ban was legitimate. he stood by while his guild tried to start a boycott rebellion over some balance changes one of them even sent me a pm. it failed but he still allowed it

aren't that balance change are that change the teleport SP cost to 100? and flywing cost to 250z and bluegems cost to 1k? so who do blame?i also play on that server and i never been banned i just leave because theres something wrong with the GM althought i dont have issue with Rii. Lord J lies like a lot. cant blame them if they boycott the server because of that fiasco "Balance Changes" that got them banned? huh?

Shuchou

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 22, 2022, 01:17 AM
its not defamation. savyon was disliked by a lot who wasnt in his guild over pricing shenanigans and no one screwed him over his ban was legitimate. he stood by while his guild tried to start a boycott rebellion over some balance changes one of them even sent me a pm. it failed but he still allowed it

You guys heard it from lord j himself, people were banned for disagreeing with changes that were made. Hell after loosing 70% of his player base he undid the changes but left everyone banned that talked against him on it. LOGIC

Eiponpon

Quote from: Thibaud on Jan 22, 2022, 07:58 AM
@Eiponpon:

Tell me your Discord/Ingame name on Travels. With all these background infos about every single ban from every player who did leave a negative review, i doubt that you are even a player.
So hello Mr. Lord J or. Mrs. Rii (maybe even the same person, who knows)
thats not background info. give it up savyon

LumpiaWrapper

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 22, 2022, 03:58 PM
no one got banned for talking against changes i did that publicly and still have my acc
thats the most s*** s*** i ever read.  /heh PLEASE check also the Neutral Review and tell me if the GM J doesnt banned people for some protest to those "BALANCING CHANGES" /heh

skyeang3l

Quote from: Resunas on Jan 21, 2022, 11:11 PM
I don't understand how this is allowed.  You are supposed to report if a server is offering bonuses for for leaving positive reviews,  but retaliatory action for negative reviews isn't also punished?

Apparently not. Many people get banned from that server just for reviewing. If J can link your RMS name to your in-game name, he will ban you. Also Eiponpon doesn't realize how obvious it is that he is J with all this insider info.

Nobody even knows why they are banned because:
1. There is no public ban log
2. The staff do not tell you why you are banned
3. J deletes everything "There is no war in ba sing se" style

So it's so obvious that the only person who would know the background behind all these incidents would be someone on the admin team themselves. It's quite unhinged to actively lie in the face of all this instead of owning up to your mistakes.
Yare yare daze~

LumpiaWrapper

Quote from: skyeang3l on Jan 22, 2022, 05:02 PM
Apparently not. Many people get banned from that server just for reviewing. If J can link your RMS name to your in-game name, he will ban you. Also Eiponpon doesn't realize how obvious it is that he is J with all this insider info.

Nobody even knows why they are banned because:
1. There is no public ban log
2. The staff do not tell you why you are banned
3. J deletes everything "There is no war in ba sing se" style

So it's so obvious that the only person who would know the background behind all these incidents would be someone on the admin team themselves. It's quite unhinged to actively lie in the face of all this instead of owning up to your mistakes.

i can give them proof if this guy still denied it.   /swt

LumpiaWrapper

and regarding about savyon if you dig harder you can see he is the one actively talking to new players and helping them.
so what do you mean he is the most hated when he is the one who talk to them actively? im playing solo on ROtravels and i have never have an issue regarding savyon Personality, about that price fixing, you talking about elus and oridecon right? that 100k at that time? guess what everyone on the server vend them at that rate?? so stop lying and just face the truth that GM J is kinda big Liar.

Staff Edit: Removed useless attachment.

Eiponpon

Quote from: skyeang3l on Jan 22, 2022, 05:02 PM
Also Eiponpon doesn't realize how obvious it is that he is J with all this insider info.
the admin made a post with the reasons why he banned him and its still up. theres no insider info and everything you said is totally wrong. par the course for upset banned players love to make stuff up...

Neffletics

When will people learn to quit without causing a commotion? It's already 2022, and these things will continue to occur, with the same problems that we've seen in previous years.

Joining a private server implies that you understand the risk that these s*** may occur, and we should simply move on if the server no longer makes us happy.
solacero rip

faker

Quote from: Neffletics on Jan 23, 2022, 04:34 PM
When will people learn to quit without causing a commotion? It's already 2022, and these things will continue to occur, with the same problems that we've seen in previous years.

Joining a private server implies that you understand the risk that these s*** may occur, and we should simply move on if the server no longer makes us happy.

You are on a website called RATEmyserver.net. Not onlyPRAISEmyserver.net or onlysayGOODthingsaboutmyserver.net. The entire point of reviews is so others can make informed decisions on a product.

Reading posts on RATEmyserver.net implies that you understand the risk that good OR bad things will be said about servers and you should simply move on if reading negative reviews about other servers makes you unhappy.