Ragnarok Travels.. (Quitting)

Started by XiaoLuLu, Jan 13, 2022, 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazuki

He did the same thing to us almost a year ago now. One person was leaving and someone else PM'd him to ask where. The only interaction in-game about where he was going was done through PMs and he was answering questions and not actively poaching anyone. He was banned for that. Obviously the admin has access to PMs, but be aware that he is actively reading them and will ban you for stuff you say in them. If you are leaving he will ban you all.

Our guild then moved to another server that was opening soon and their discord to keep playing with our friend. Lord J showed up in the server and pretty soon after our members in the server were banned from Travels by having the password to our accounts changed.

Any negative reviews are always responded to with the same "this player was banned/had cheated" or the usual "well I haven't had any problems with him at all. what did YOU do?" gaslighting.

Eiponpon

Quote from: Kazuki on Jan 15, 2022, 07:43 AM
The only interaction in-game about where he was going was done through PMs and he was answering questions and not actively poaching anyone. He was banned for that

yeah this is a big lie. I remember when the person youre talking about got caught for poaching. he was so blatant that even one of my chars got a pm from him so he was prob reported by a ton of people

100% guilty

lungo

I'm just going to say that I only support Rii removed as a moderator and removed in general from the staff of the game, I don't support active campaigns to make people migrate to other servers or those kind of "conspiracies", I still like the server because basically the Rii problem is just "discord drama" that shouldn't had happened in the first place but at least the server as far as I know is not affected by any of this, I just hope it stays that way and we don't see this person also tainting the actual server. IMO this server is the best classic server out there and this is why I want J to do something about Rii in the staff because clearly this person is affecting his work and I don't want to see the server fall specially now that the server has been growing we almost have 200 people (minus merchants) and that shows that people is indeed comming and posts like this are going to affect the influx of players, we don't need this so I hope J really does something about that moderator.

People getting banned for actively promoting leaving the server and basically "sabotaging" it's deserved, at that point you are being malicious. I don't really think they are banning people for playing in other servers I think is more like they ban people that start trying to remove people from the server, I can not support this people and I won't.

Shuchou

Quote from: lungo on Jan 15, 2022, 01:06 PM
People getting banned for actively promoting leaving the server and basically "sabotaging" it's deserved, at that point you are being malicious. I don't really think they are banning people for playing in other servers I think is more like they ban people that start trying to remove people from the server, I can not support this people and I won't.

Why do you think it took over a year for the server to break 100 players while other servers hit 100 in it's first month and kept growing. When a 3x server opened over the summer a lot of people got banned because Lord J noticed a large player drop when the 3x server opened and about two weeks in he went into the 3x servers discord and started banning those he could link to accounts. Once he was done doing that he started trolling and trash talking in the discord server until he was banned from the server, Lord J is a perfect example of what a toxic human being is. Also just for Lord J to see as I know he is reading this

Staff Edit: Screenshots removed, no point of posting a sexual harassment chat that has nothing to do with topic.

Eiponpon

the biggest classic server took 4-5 years to break 100

shuchou got banned for multi and is still so salted about it that he cant sleep at night a year later. now spends his time being toxic on the internet and fabricating stuff. the 3x server he is talking about died in 2 weeks of its own accord which tells you how valuable his judgement on private servers is. big yikes

Shuchou

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 15, 2022, 05:24 PM
the biggest classic server took 4-5 years to break 100

shuchou got banned for multi and is still so salted about it that he cant sleep at night a year later. now spends his time being toxic on the internet and fabricating stuff. the 3x server he is talking about died in 2 weeks of its own accord which tells you how valuable his judgement on private servers is. big yikes

Banned for multi now? That's rich it keeps changing why I was banned xD Use to be botting, then changed to poaching, now multi glad to see how quick the blind knights of travels is to keep making things up to "defend" their toxic heaven. I was banned for leaving a review stating that at the time the server spent close to 60% of the day offline after launch, had lag issues, as well as renewal skills, gear, and mobs on a "classic episode 3" server. Plus the 3x server is still active better luck with your salty smear game next time.

Resunas

I'll add on top something else.

I don't expect things to be perfect in a small server.  People aren't perfect,  admin aren't perfect.  But there's a very serious problem in the relationship between the admin and the players.

There's a failure to understand the relationship between the players and the server admin.  The admin think that they are simply above everyone else, that their rule is law.  They completely ignore the fact that everyone is here because they enjoy the game or community.

A lot of people put their time in to help the community.   People write guides,  they refer people,  they help out new players get started, solve their problems, form parties to get them engaged, etc.  But the admin ignore that.  They treat the players like children.  You can't have any valid disagreements, and if you disagree, you get sent to your room/banned, all comments get deleted.  There's no explanation why,  no room for conversation even.

Its just really sad

Eiponpon

I like the travels staff a lot. one of my fav parts. its one of the few servers where the staff is not one big biased insider cliche for the powerful players

you must not have been there long because people disagree with the staff all the time and dont get in trouble for it. on past balance changes I saw many directly disagree with the admin, saying this is wrong for this reason, and no one got in trouble for it. just do it respectfully

Quote from: Shuchou on Jan 15, 2022, 06:19 PM
Banned for multi now? That's rich it keeps changing why I was banned xD Use to be botting, then changed to poaching, now multi glad to see how quick the blind knights of travels is to keep making things up to "defend" their toxic heaven. I was banned for leaving a review stating that at the time the server spent close to 60% of the day offline after launch, had lag issues, as well as renewal skills, gear, and mobs on a "classic episode 3" server. Plus the 3x server is still active better luck with your salty smear game next time.
if any of this were true you wouldnt still be so mad. rent free for a year now

lungo

Something needs to happen because I have heard of multiple people being banned some only on discord and some in both places (ingame and discord), apparently some just for asking why some people have been banned and for asking for an explanation.

The screenshots of the player Tahren demonstrate that the moderator Rii initiated the hostity and the server adminsitrator J instead of trying to de-escalate the situation made it worse, the player responds to the administrator attack and he gets banned ingame and discord. This behavior is really bad, as a staff member or even as the administrator you should not be provoking problems with the players or escalating situations like this, you can not really expect people to get attacked in any way and just stand there and take it without retaliating at you that is just insanity and where does that leads you? nowhere, right now the community has been hurt bad, just many people that were active and important members of the community being banned either on discord or both ingame and discord unfairly, if this players would have done some outrageous thing like cheating, exploiting, making some form of what you call "poaching" I would agree with the bans but I really can't support this measures.

I think if players should repsect the staff the staff should do the same to the players and recently I have noticed and increase in lack of respect towards the players specially from this moderator called Rii and this is the first time I see J involving himself in basically attacking/insulting a player as shown in the screenshots, I just hope he can see that this was wrong and it is just creating a domino effect on the community, some people even if not banned ingame will feel like moving to other servers etc. I so far tried to help to contact the administrator J to talk to him but haven't received any response, I'm trying to tell people to don't leave and just wait but this blow to the community was bad, I don't believe beyond repair but the staff needs to really come to sense and admit they did wrong this time.

I would suggest to unban all the people that were affected by this situation, I don't believe they deserve this treatment and I think the mature thing to do is to admit that both sides did wrong also Rii needs to leave the staff she really has just been the origin of too many problems in the community.

It feels wrong that this is tainting the server because the actual server is fine but the server is played by people and even if the server is perfect and the game is perfect the community is hurting right now.

Eiponpon

the screenshots show that tarahen initiated the hostility. no one got banned for asking a question thats a lie cause I asked the admin about it myself

this is trivial drama that no one cares about and that no one will remember

lungo

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 17, 2022, 03:27 AM
the screenshots show that tarahen initiated the hostility. no one got banned for asking a question thats a lie cause I asked the admin about it myself

this is trivial drama that no one cares about and that no one will remember

I think both sides were wrong and Rii has history of starting stuff too.

This thing could have been avoided but I'm done with this situation, neither side wants to hear the other and it justs keeps spiraling out of control and I don't want to be dragged into it, instead of talking and trying to get to and understanding both sides keep pushing, one side keeps doing stuff that puts them at risk of being banned and the other keeps banning...

One thing I can give the people that it is being banned currently is that they are right in feeling that the server feels like a dictatorship, I don't think banning people for trying other servers should be a thing at all, apparently joining certain discords gets you banned too (according to them) or at least that is what they are saying, if they are trying to "poach" people I understand the bans but so far I haven't seen any proof of it, would be good if the administrator J has proof of this to present it so we can at least know this people are not innocent as they claim.

So one side says they are victim but doesn't really provide something to prove they did nothing wrong and the other punishes but doesn't communicate anything either.

This whole situation is dumb and has become hearsay mostly on both sides, that is why I'm not going to take sides, neither side, I'm just going to stop posting about this situation unless some proof from either side is posted.

Savyon

I was part of Ragnarok Travels staff for the first 8 months after launch, plus a couple months prior to launch. Advisory role and beta tester. I was a major contributor to what made the server at least decent, mainly because of the fact that J knew very little about the game, for a server owner.

Things went sour very quickly though. I was banned because I disagreed with him over a patch change. He loves to lie about everything and use multiple accounts to speak anonymously, and you can't win with him. The best thing to do is stop listening to him and stop playing his server, and spread the word.

Anything he replies to these threads and to your reviews are nonsense. I'm telling you, just avoid.

Eiponpon

i remember  when savyon got removed. not a single player liked him and he deserved to go. and then he went to retro which died after he got there. cant imagine why..

Savyon

Quote from: Eiponpon on Jan 19, 2022, 06:45 PM
i remember  when savyon got removed. not a single player liked him and he deserved to go. and then he went to retro which died after he got there. cant imagine why..

"Anything he replies to these threads and to your reviews are nonsense"

Nova

Quote from: Savyon on Jan 19, 2022, 06:35 PM
I was part of Ragnarok Travels staff for the first 8 months after launch, plus a couple months prior to launch. Advisory role and beta tester. I was a major contributor to what made the server at least decent, mainly because of the fact that J knew very little about the game, for a server owner.

Things went sour very quickly though. I was banned because I disagreed with him over a patch change. He loves to lie about everything and use multiple accounts to speak anonymously, and you can't win with him. The best thing to do is stop listening to him and stop playing his server, and spread the word.

Anything he replies to these threads and to your reviews are nonsense. I'm telling you, just avoid.
This is 100% correct. I have been at the start of Travels as well and seen it all happen. Every post that speaks positive about Travels on the forums is almost all lies made by LJ with a new RMS account. This guy is truly something else. It's too bad that he decided to make (steal) a 1x server. Otherwise we wouldn't have to go through this nonsense every single week.
I am not associated with NovaRO.