Ragnarok Project Zero: Honest Ads

Started by wellyeahbutno, Mar 26, 2021, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SackWasTaken

New batch of images and comments.

- After the previous image was made public, this one has been brought up to attention today in discord by a member.

They haven't actually implemented the consumables and paid refining ores though, but they have changed the "cup of coffee" to "rent" though.

- Obvious fake reviews (not by the staff as far as I know, but by the server generally) where you can see GMs being rated 9/10 or 10/10 in everything, having the eventfulness of the community at similar levels and same for the class balance.

·Literally having 2 invasion events and 4 "go hunt mobs for 1 month, to get boxes/mats to craft boxes and get consumables/refine mats/costumes" in 1 year, and 3-4 attempts at pvp events organized by players but none of them succeding.

·Is the only WoE active guild splitting in 2 so WoE still happens considered an event? /hmm

^ Same guild that split in 2 because there was noone else to fight them.
(Also providing unlimited consumables to the MVP team of said guild)

·Almost 20% of the 2nd jobs in the server are knights (because they are the most OP classes in early and high end content), adding priests to that (for the almost required dual log in) its over 33% of the 2nd classes on just those 2. Wonder how that is 10/10 class balance.

·GMs/CMs literally ignore people for months:

·Same ignoring CM will also say there are no actual reports against a player:

·Call people liars for saying they did in fact report the player, and say the staff cant do anything unless someone is actually reported

·Then, when confronted with proof:

Just "having no idea what's going on there":

- Over 10 GMs burnt out in 1 year.

-The Admin being so out of touch with the server that he thinks a party (lvl 61-66) could actually try to lvl in magma 3
https://youtu.be/3VmmsazQTzw?t=11531

Or saying that the future of BGs looks bright:

At an early point of the server they decided to focus on PvP updates, thus delaying the PvE content.
- Current state of BGs:
· Every class gets the same amount of consumables -> Devo crusaders get 50 white potions, mages get no gems (and killing strike ninjas...),  noone gets green pots/panaceas
· No way for more than 8 people to join a BG (4v4)
· No auto requeue, CD after playing a round.
· Some skills like backslide work, some don't (arbitrarily, not just snap)
· No automatic party allocation so you have to remake every new game.
· No ASPD pots
·^ All that was given as input on the 03/06 or ealier.

· PvP updates delayed until further notice.

· BG channel created on 23/07, last time it was used is that same day

-The server was at 1k players, thanks to the lack of any kind of leadershipt it went down to this:

19 players (counting dual logins) + 69 autrotraders(and then claim that they have 132 players in the server)

-Gitlab. If you try to report a bug either in discord, in DMs or through email, you will be met with a "Did you gitlab it?" It just doesntt matter what it is.

·Is it just a small bug that makes a costume look bugged? Gitlab.
https://gitlab.com/ragnarok-project-zero/bugs-and-suggestions-tracker/-/issues/684 (Last update 6 months ago)

·Is it a bug that makes characters have 2.6k more HP than in the original kROz server they are so "equal" to? Gitlab.
https://gitlab.com/ragnarok-project-zero/bugs-and-suggestions-tracker/-/issues/748 (Last update 5 months ago)

·Is it a suggestion to add an options filter to the CP? (When that is 90% of what matters in a Zero server) Gitlab.
https://gitlab.com/ragnarok-project-zero/bugs-and-suggestions-tracker/-/issues/565 (Scoped 8 months ago, not even an answer)

·Is it adding a simple bulk/to safe limit refiner? Gitlab.
https://gitlab.com/ragnarok-project-zero/bugs-and-suggestions-tracker/-/issues/699 (Created 6 months ago, tagged and nothing else)

·Or is it actually a build killing bug about cards like Raydric and thara affecting traps when they should not? Git. Lab.
https://gitlab.com/ragnarok-project-zero/bugs-and-suggestions-tracker/-/issues/718  (Tagged 5 months ago, nothing else done)

So players just dont bother reporting things because, 1: People shouldn't have to jump through hoops to report things. 2: Its usually ignored.

The main reason old players haven't left is because of the sunk cost fallacy, they have already invested too much time grinding there.

disqualify

well yeah, this is are a dead server...
what to expect ?
NONE of the GM are there for their players..
sadly...
they didnt react to any report from NORMAL players..
they ONLY react to TOP DONATOR players..  /heh /heh

neethree

Can't speak for the rest, but... using donation money for rent seems like a really weird complaint lol. If he's using donation money to quit his job and work on the server like the screenshot says... that's pretty much the same as hiring a member of staff to develop the server, ain't it? Paying for basic human amenities with your salary is the least offensive thing you could do. Not like he's out buying golden studded toilet seats, lol.

Whether the work is being done or not sounds like another question, though...
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

Celeteque

The rent part is really just a stretch lol

SackWasTaken

Images from one of the discord with part of the few players left in the server.

2 months go by, still nothing new, less people in the server and still the same toxicity.

Programmers literally trying to help the server by coding even just simple scripts that could help the owner/main developer take a load off their shoulders but they just wont accept the help.

So much for the new world boss that was so fun and would make people party up.

BaphometRag

lungo

Ragnarok Zero is the worst Iteration of Ragnarok, it has many flaws, you get baited by the class changes but when you actually see the results of those changes then you start seeing the tons of problems this version of Ragnarok has.

• Knights are completely broken, I brought this many times and I was met with a rabid community gaslighting and other forms of fallacies, this people were allowed to harass me constantly on Discord, when I wasn't even there talking I would read Discord only to find out that while I was sleeping this people talked about me all night, I litterally lived rent free on this people minds and the moderators never did anything to this people because as any RO.pserver they have their "inside circle" of protected people who can do whatever they want, obviously when I defended myself I was always sanctioned and ultimately I ended up leaving discord, they banned me after I left. This is probably the worst RO community I have ever met.
  • The random stats on gear kills Ragnarok Economy completely by making tons of gear pointless, you will want perfect stats on any gear that drops on you, you remember when in classic you got that lucky guard[1] as a newbiew and got to sell it for a ton of money?, NOT ANYMORE NO, your s*** guard better have perfect stats or it is worth nothing, hell not even to the NPC LMAO, all gear is bought for 10 zennys on an NPC.
  • Forced group content is completely against what Ragnarok was, you could play the entire game solo if you wanted and you would not miss anything at all, here you have all this forced group content where you need to do it or you will not get materials and the best gear in the game and if you fail the dungeon well good luck next day, yeah you can not go inside again when you leave the dungeon till next day.
  • It's stupid beyond belief remember all that gear with random stats you can get by killing mobs? well it is meaningless because all the gear that matters is the one that is dropped in the dungeons where you are forced to group, there is no point into farming anything but those dungeons
  • Ragnarok being WoWizated, forced group content, "endgame" BS, dailies in the form of daily dungeons, sets of gear that you get from dungeons that give specific benefits for certain builds, hence the devs tell you how are you supposed to play your class, in what spec and what gear
  • The game was made with P2W in mind, every aspect or ROZ is made to make the player want to spend money in the game, I brought this to the community and they denied it LMAO and started misrepresenting what I said accusing me of saying that ProjectZero (the p.server) was p2w when I was talking about the design core of the game made by Gravity on the official servers, at some point i didn't knew if they truly didn't understood what i meant or they were maliciously using strawmans, gaslighting etc to misrepresent what I said. Anyways this is true, refining has become 1000000% more difficult than ever, before you only had to worry to drop the piece of gear and refine it which are 2 instances of RNG, now you have more because first of all you need a piece of gear that has the random stats you want and then they need to be the best number they can get and then you need to add enchantments which are random of course and then you need to refine it and risk of breaking it, would you honestly risk this to break it? OF COURSE NOT, so you would want to PAY to protect this piece of gear or at least refine it in a non risky way, also the best gear just "casually" have all this bonuses that will only activate when you upgrade something to outrageous levels LMAO. It is all connected. At some point the p.server admin probably thought they would be able to cash in into this because as is shown in a screenshot in another post they say they would give refining materials for "donations" and try to pass it as something that doesn't affect anyone when it is basically the core of the game

I'm not surprised the server died, not at all, the community is toxic, the game mechanics of Zero are toxic themselves and the Admin refusing to make changes to the formula because they wanted o give the "authenic zero experience" (an authenic piece of s*** is still s***) sealed the deal.

LMAO.

loki266

Quote from: lungo on Apr 29, 2022, 02:23 PM
Ragnarok Zero is the worst Iteration of Ragnarok, it has many flaws, you get baited by the class changes but when you actually see the results of those changes then you start seeing the tons of problems this version of Ragnarok has.

1. Can easily be fixed by adjusting other classes so they can perform well too. Thing is, Knight has huge AoE physical damage, while other physical classes don't. So to keep up with renewal formula of "everything has viable AoE skills", just buff other classes' AoE skills.
2. Could easily be fixed if there was an accessible item that could re-roll stats on that piece of gear. I've played on a server called Fractured Realm that had that. An item that could re-roll all the enchants, or just one, or just re-roll the numbers of the enchant, etc. Of course, it's not official, but that's the beauty of private servers world.
3. Agreed, that's why I left the server. Very frustrating.
4. Agreed again. I think it should have an option to craft those said gear by farming stuff in the fields/dungeons if you're more of a solo player, or then having a random chance for dropping them in group content, like instances.
5. I think it's not that huge of a problem. Most of the gears available cover most of the builds in the game, I think. If not, just create some and put them on the server.
6. That's pre-re trans in a nutshell, basically. I don't know about kRO, but iRO, bRO, phRO and others was already very p2w in the transcended era already. The moment they ditched the subscription model and opened f2p servers was the moment RO became p2w.

lungo

Quote from: loki266 on Apr 29, 2022, 08:39 PM
1. Can easily be fixed by adjusting other classes so they can perform well too. Thing is, Knight has huge AoE physical damage, while other physical classes don't. So to keep up with renewal formula of "everything has viable AoE skills", just buff other classes' AoE skills.
2. Could easily be fixed if there was an accessible item that could re-roll stats on that piece of gear. I've played on a server called Fractured Realm that had that. An item that could re-roll all the enchants, or just one, or just re-roll the numbers of the enchant, etc. Of course, it's not official, but that's the beauty of private servers world.
3. Agreed, that's why I left the server. Very frustrating.
4. Agreed again. I think it should have an option to craft those said gear by farming stuff in the fields/dungeons if you're more of a solo player, or then having a random chance for dropping them in group content, like instances.
5. I think it's not that huge of a problem. Most of the gears available cover most of the builds in the game, I think. If not, just create some and put them on the server.
6. That's pre-re trans in a nutshell, basically. I don't know about kRO, but iRO, bRO, phRO and others was already very p2w in the transcended era already. The moment they ditched the subscription model and opened f2p servers was the moment RO became p2w.

The issue with the p2w here is that in Zero is worse that it has even been, it is multiplied by 100000.

Yeah many things can be fixed but the admin refused to touch the game and make it a better experience so now the server is dead, Zero as is without changes has no chance to surivive here on the west specially in p.servers.