Novaro & it's name pruning scheme favoring a certain player and how I was banned

Started by Lovely, Apr 24, 2021, 02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donuts

Of course it won't be listed in the rules, cause who on earth would expect that a player would hoard 1,500 names??? This is the stupidest complaint I've read ever read.

stareczhory123

Quote from: Eluminare on Apr 24, 2021, 09:57 AM
TLDR
Expectations: We will have flying cars in 2021!
Reality: 2021 and people have a butthurt over taking their names of 1.5k characters in Ragnarok Online.

This is a big lol.

Well she clearly cared and put time into those names, so she has every right to be butthurt about it. Let people play the game how they want to, as long as it's not against the server rules (it this case it wasn't).

Quote from: Ariasqt on Apr 24, 2021, 10:05 AM

Additionally, I wanna add that nobody gives a crap about RMS it's just for memes and drama, and... people don't care (except the already banned ones that actually are so delusional and think their opinion matters here). It's just used for its outdated database at this point.

lol. Why are you getting so worked up defending this if "nobody gives a crap about RMS"? Nvm, i don't care. If you enjoy the drama then sit back and enjoy, no need to s*** on RMS, kid.

To NovaRO: At least buy her dinner first before you f*** her like that.

Ariasqt

Quote from: stareczhory123 on Apr 24, 2021, 10:16 AM
Well she clearly cared and put time into those names, so she has every right to be butthurt about it. Let people play the game how they want to, as long as it's not against the server rules (it this case it wasn't).

She literally was warned to not do it again, personally, by the owner.

Does there need to be a sign near the entrance of Walmart that tells you to not s*** on the floor for you to not do it?

Again stop pretending to not understand the issue you arent that stupid I know it. The reason to "defend" this case is to simply tell OP how stupid she is.

stareczhory123

Quote from: Ariasqt on Apr 24, 2021, 10:21 AM

Does there need to be a sign near the entrance of Walmart that tells you to not s*** on the floor for you to not do it?

Worst analogy I've ever heard. No there doesn't need to be a sign for that you dummy because it's common sense.

Also, she clearly isn't the only one hoarding coz by the looks of it one of your GMs was hoarding names as well (big yikes lmao) - probably why this was brought to attention in the first place.

Kinda ironic ngl.

Ariasqt

Quote from: stareczhory123 on Apr 24, 2021, 10:29 AM
Worst analogy I've ever heard. No there doesn't need to be a sign for that you dummy because it's common sense.

Also, she clearly isn't the only one hoarding coz by the looks of it one of your GMs was hoarding names as well (big yikes lmao) - probably why this was brought to attention in the first place.

Kinda ironic ngl.

And to not reserve 1500 names isn't common sense? Bruh. Also Idk if that player is even a GM or not one random alt account stated they are and you take it as a fact, stop watching Fox news.

And even if; the actual GMs already said that after it was brought to their attention said player also had their names pruned (even if it was "only" ~400 names as opposed to 1.5k) Idk why girls fight over this crap just be uncreative and call it "Name Class 1, 2" etc  /ok

Novaenthusiast

Quote from: Ariasqt on Apr 24, 2021, 10:35 AM
And to not reserve 1500 names isn't common sense? Bruh. Also Idk if that player is even a GM or not one random alt account stated they are and you take it as a fact, stop watching Fox news.

And even if; the actual GMs already said that after it was brought to their attention said player also had their names pruned (even if it was "only" ~400 names as opposed to 1.5k) Idk why girls fight over this crap just be uncreative and call it "Name Class 1, 2" etc  /ok

I can 100% confirm Enya IS a GM, hmmm I can confirm but it's RMS dead forums. So tbh you're better off believing it as everybody else who's from nova can also confirm  /ok

Daze

Some are missing the point, it's not about whether OP was hoarding, or not. It's how she owned specific names and was banned due to envy from another player. Imagine getting banned for simply playing the game? Every year, the GMs had always announced an upcoming prune to notify everyone that they will have a chance to obtain names that they desire. Did I say everyone? Yes, everyone. However, name pruning has become a monthly, inconsistent instance that nobody really knows until they themselves have their characters pruned. Makes you wonder why GMs stopped notifying their players of an upcoming prune, or that a prune had taken place in their maintenance.

What is wrong about this entire situation is that the owner himself refuses to elaborate on his reasonings on the screenshots above. He pruned the characters, while at the same time a very specific individual was taking the names for themselves. You would think that the names would be around for at least a day. But that was not the case. The names were literally remade in a matter of minutes after the discussion with the owner and OP. If the goal here is to be fair to everyone, why did you not prune others who are in a similar situation? I'm not talking about the OP and the other individual mentioned.

I love the fact that this unwritten rule was never imposed, or brought up before. Like some had mentioned here, if this was such a concern, why is it not in your policies? What about those that make several vendors, instance farmers and whatnot? This is just mvp/market monopoly but in names.. Yet, those farmers aren't regulated. Why? Because that is how they choose to play!

Don't even get me started on some of the statements here, such as another player being pruned aside from OP. I'm going to have to ask for credibility here. I've taken a second to check her characters, guess what? It's not pruned, and for argument sake that it was. It doesn't matter because the GMs do not announce name pruning in their patch notes as of late. She can just rename the characters as if nothing happened. Imagine being so envious of another player, and immediately re-naming your mains to OP's characters as soon as her characters all got pruned. As per another individual on this thread, please keep on barking and continue to tell us that you don't care, and that nobody cares. I love it too, I truly do.

Tokeiburu

Quote from: Daze on Apr 24, 2021, 11:19 AM
Some are missing the point, it's not about whether OP was hoarding, or not. It's how she owned specific names and was banned due to envy from another player. Imagine getting banned for simply playing the game? Every year, the GMs had always announced an upcoming prune to notify everyone that they will have a chance to obtain names that they desire. Did I say everyone? Yes, everyone. However, name pruning has become a monthly, inconsistent instance that nobody really knows until they themselves have their characters pruned. Makes you wonder why GMs stopped notifying their players of an upcoming prune, or that a prune had taken place in their maintenance.

What is wrong about this entire situation is that the owner himself refuses to elaborate on his reasonings on the screenshots above. He pruned the characters, while at the same time a very specific individual was taking the names for themselves. You would think that the names would be around for at least a day. But that was not the case. The names were literally remade in a matter of minutes after the discussion with the owner and OP. If the goal here is to be fair to everyone, why did you not prune others who are in a similar situation? I'm not talking about the OP and the other individual mentioned.

I love the fact that this unwritten rule was never imposed, or brought up before. Like some had mentioned here, if this was such a concern, why is it not in your policies? What about those that make several vendors, instance farmers and whatnot? This is just mvp/market monopoly but in names.. Yet, those farmers aren't regulated. Why? Because that is how they choose to play!

Don't even get me started on some of the statements here, such as another player being pruned aside from OP. I'm going to have to ask for credibility here. I've taken a second to check her characters, guess what? It's not pruned, and for argument sake that it was. It doesn't matter because the GMs do not announce name pruning in their patch notes as of late. She can just rename the characters as if nothing happened. Imagine being so envious of another player, and immediately re-naming your mains to OP's characters as soon as her characters all got pruned. As per another individual on this thread, please keep on barking and continue to tell us that you don't care, and that nobody cares. I love it too, I truly do.

Heya,

Please do not make stuff up. No particular player is warned of a name prune in advance. Name pruning is simply done automatically every maintenance, that's all. We used to do it manually and we often forgot to run the queries, so we automated it instead.

This isn't in the rules because it's a one person type of case that never happened and nobody thought someone would do that. Hoarding those names is done in bad spirit; the player wants to take as many names as possible so that other players can't have them. No it isn't directly against our rules, hence why the player was warned instead of being banned. The reason the player ended up banned is because she immediately retook as many names as possible, clearly missing the point. Also do keep in mind it isn't her first time getting warned for this type of thing. It most likely will be a rule now, though I can't imagine another player ever doing something like that again.

stareczhory123

I'm not going to lie, I like the professionalism of the admins (no sarcasm - i'm genuinely happy to see some composed replies).

However, let's not ignore the giant elephant in the room.

What will you do to the player/GM Enyu? Will this be properly addressed? Will this just be a slap on the wrist and let's forget about it? What are you planning to do? Can players expect justice to be served fairly, if at all?

Tokeiburu

Quote from: stareczhory123 on Apr 24, 2021, 11:56 AM
I'm not going to lie, I like the professionalism of the admins (no sarcasm - i'm genuinely happy to see some composed replies).

However, let's not ignore the giant elephant in the room.

What will you do to the player/GM Enyu? Will this be properly addressed? Will this just be a slap on the wrist and let's forget about it? What are you planning to do? Can players expect justice to be served fairly, if at all?

I'm not familiar enough with what happened there, so I won't comment on that part. Enya is not a GM, though. Once Enya's case is reviewed, you may or may not know about the outcome (as it'll be looked at the next meeting which is not meant for a couple days and I'll probably forget about this thread by then). Her names were already pruned, though, and she'll probably get the same warning as the OP got: stop hoarding names. I don't see why she'd be treated differently on that front. The only difference is that she hopefully won't do it again.

As for her seemingly knowing about that player's prune, I don't have the information to give you.

Edit: I am learning more about what happened there, and if it is approved you will probably get to know as well.

Daze

Quote from: Tokeiburu on Apr 24, 2021, 11:46 AM
Heya,

Please do not make stuff up. No particular player is warned of a name prune in advance. Name pruning is simply done automatically every maintenance, that's all. We used to do it manually and we often forgot to run the queries, so we automated it instead.

This isn't in the rules because it's a one person type of case that never happened and nobody thought someone would do that. Hoarding those names is done in bad spirit; the player wants to take as many names as possible so that other players can't have them. No it isn't directly against our rules, hence why the player was warned instead of being banned. The reason the player ended up banned is because she immediately retook as many names as possible, clearly missing the point. Also do keep in mind it isn't her first time getting warned for this type of thing. It most likely will be a rule now, though I can't imagine another player ever doing something like that again.

Appreciate the response, I speak from experience and while I will take your word for it, I guess it doesn't matter if GM accounts are immune to prunes.

Below are just images of staff notifying the community of a prune, or an upcoming prune:
Spoiler

[close]

I fully encourage you, and the staff to implement the rule. Though, what's the use when Enya had claimed everything already.

OP themselves stated that she had to rename the characters that were 99+
Did the staff expect her to just delete all those characters when they were pruned? Logically, she would have had to re-take some names, no?

Sheeesh

While I do know the admins in NovaRO are biased toward certain players, in this case I think some of their actions are justified as you are hoarding 1500+ names its absolutely ridiculous. I don't blame them for pruning you.

What I don't like is another player taking the pruned names shortly after, showing it is kinda shady. How did she know about it? Why is she allowed to hoard 400 names? Admin said her names have been pruned but I don't believe it, where's the proof? It's been said she's a GM, how can we trust you treated her the same as you did the OP? If there isn't any bias then show that you treated the players the same.

Lovely

Most of you are missing the point here, including you Tokei.

My ban happened after I've clearly already deleted those novices, And ended up with about 400-ish chars above level 99+ which is a similar amount as the other person.

Also noone has ever gotten their chars above lvl 175 pruned after receiving a ban. Mine did. I didn't have much chars above that level, and they still got pruned. Which the mentioned person got to take.

And you keep saying she had her chars pruned? that's not true. don't make false statements Tokei. This can easily be disproven by going into your siggy websystem and trying one of my char names, you'll clearly see she still has those names.

The char below was one of my chars that got pruned. Which she got to take right after mine got pruned.

Spoiler
[close]

Anyway, I'm done here. Perma ban my accounts.

Tokeiburu

Quote from: Daze on Apr 24, 2021, 12:32 PM
Appreciate the response, I speak from experience and while I will take your word for it, I guess it doesn't matter if GM accounts are immune to prunes.

Below are just images of staff notifying the community of a prune, or an upcoming prune:
Spoiler

[close]

I fully encourage you, and the staff to implement the rule. Though, what's the use when Enya had claimed everything already.

OP themselves stated that she had to rename the characters that were 99+
Did the staff expect her to just delete all those characters when they were pruned? Logically, she would have had to re-take some names, no?

Yes, as you can see for yourself, we did use to announce name pruning. We do not do this anymore, though. It is simply done automatically on server reboot (these posts are from 2 years+ ago).

The names Enya claimed will most likely get pruned again (assuming they aren't already, I haven't checked).

As for the OP, the reason why the characters were leveled to 99 is because the pruning condition used to exclude level 99 characters, which is no longer the case. I'm not sure if you are familiar with Renewal and our server rates, but level 99 is not hard to achieve by any means. You can make a level 99 character in a matter of minutes.

Quote from: Sheeesh on Apr 24, 2021, 12:51 PM
While I do know the admins in NovaRO are biased toward certain players, in this case I think some of their actions are justified as you are hoarding 1500+ names its absolutely ridiculous. I don't blame them for pruning you.

What I don't like is another player taking the pruned names shortly after, showing it is kinda shady. How did she know about it? Why is she allowed to hoard 400 names? Admin said her names have been pruned but I don't believe it, where's the proof? It's been said she's a GM, how can we trust you treated her the same as you did the OP? If there isn't any bias then show that you treated the players the same.

Again, please don't make stuff up. No, she's not allowed to hoard 400 names either, obviously. The same rules apply to her just like everyone else.

Tokeiburu

Quote from: Lovely on Apr 24, 2021, 12:54 PM
Most of you are missing the point here, including you Tokei.

My ban happened after I've clearly already deleted those novices, And ended up with about 400-ish chars above level 99+ which is a similar amount as the other person.

Also noone has ever gotten their chars above lvl 175 pruned after receiving a ban. Mine did. I didn't have much chars above that level, and they still got pruned. Which the mentioned person got to take.

And you keep saying she had her chars pruned? that's not true. don't make false statements Tokei. This can easily be disproven by going into your siggy websystem and trying one of my char names, you'll clearly see she still has those names.

The char below was one of my chars that got pruned. Which she got to take right after mine got pruned.

Spoiler
[close]

Anyway, I'm done here. Perma ban my accounts.

That is simply inaccurate. The same rules were applied to her characters:
QuoteSET @a:=0;
UPDATE `char` LEFT JOIN `login` ON `login`.`account_id` = `char`.`account_id` SET `char`.`name` = CONCAT('Pruned01',(select @a := @a +1)), `char`.rename = `char`.rename + 1 WHERE `char`.`name` not like 'Placeholder%%' and `char`.`name` not like 'Pruned%%' and `login`.`account_id` != 200 AND `login`.`group_id` < 10 AND `char`.`base_level` < 150 AND `char`.`last_login` < NOW() - INTERVAL 1 WEEK AND `login`.`account_id` IN (...);

Which were any characters below 150 and which hasn't been logged in a week. Fate does not meet these criterias as the character was created at 2021-04-23 01:57:48. Either way, her character name hoarding will be reviewed again.