Nova RO - Honest review from a banned Player

Started by inzanity, Jan 11, 2015, 07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alwyn

Quote from: inzanity on Jan 14, 2015, 07:02 PM
Again, trying to cover up the corruption with useless info.

perhaps, yes indeed, you are missing something here. He didnt decline, he simply said he doesnt need anything on this server. hes playing somewhere else. Addisson could have simply donated for him on another server or gave him items on naother server and receive the kiel card in return. Would have been perfectly legit, not against the rules. No. Instead HE SAYS INGAME "such things are not discussed ingame, come to 'that' TS Server so we can discuss this". <- proof alone he was about to break the rules. He then ASKS THE GM IF ITS OK TO BREAK THE RULES XDDDD Damn bro. Its like me asking if its okay to dupe items. Obecjtion (dude) wasnt even playing the server, leave alone talking to people there. he simply logged in once in a few days to check whats up. Youre telling me he got banned for leaving the card in his inventory and not logging in? Nice corruption and power abuse.  Sorry ure just trying to cover something up thats just so obvious in the open. Its like trying to tell me French magazine ppl didnt get killed by jihads.

Should just drop the act, really.

I'm not too sure what act to drop? The act that i'm a random passerby looking for a server after 2 years of not playing? Never played RO in a while, thought of getting back into it, NovaRO was one of the servers I was contemplating playing on and saw this thread on the front page of RMS and decided to check it out. Thought it would be a good insight of a server like I believe you thought it would be, but instead its a long post of poor choices of screenshots as they either show you in a negative light or are taken out of context in hopes that it can be used in some way to fling mud at a server regardless of how weak the screenshot that is used. The rest are all these "air quotes" that anyone can type up and then you expect the rest of us randoms to believe you. If we don't believe you and actually post something that has some form of argument that finds one of the many holes in your argument were are then called to have low IQ or that we are defending the server and told to drop the act. The only positive part of your post is your signature, I do hope you keep updating your signature in hopes that when I do look for servers, I can keep a tab on which server to avoid. I'd rather avoid you and your friends if this whole debacle is a tell of how you would act ingame as well.

Yozakura

Quote from: inzanity on Jan 14, 2015, 01:35 PM
I made sure it says "banned player" in the topic title so that people dont come at me with "lel u got banned ofc u are mad".

Yeah, and I commend you for that. It is an honest review indeed.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Gankare

Quote from: Alwyn on Jan 15, 2015, 12:56 AM
The rest are all these "air quotes" that anyone can type up and then you expect the rest of us randoms to believe you. If we don't believe you and actually post something that has some form of argument that finds one of the many holes in your argument were are then called to have low IQ or that we are defending the server and told to drop the act.

We have over one hour of skype/team speak conversations. Would you want to listen to them? Or are you going to complain some more about random stuff? Bad weather in your home town? :)

Alwyn

Please do. The conversation would actually hold more merit than 99% of what you guys have contributed here. I do hope that it's actual substantial evidence against the server and not an hour of you guys either deciding who to harass next, which thing to abuse or how it's unfair that an admin team is be suspicious of you guys for doing things that are against the rules.

inzanity

How is anything out of context. Have you been paying attention?

Every case was clearly documented, we added screens of chat bans etc to make sure its not some false claim/lie. And no, again you dont read. I applaud you for taking your time reading all this, and thats all i ever wanted in the first place, but you need to not just read and then forget and only nitpick on details you think are not right. But to also look at the entire picture. For example, not many posts ago i said we are not like that, unless we are provoked and misstreated first. Yet you are like "omg im gonne avoid servers u play on if you act like that". You dont even know how we act, you have never seen us ingame. You can only build an estimate from what we have shown and told you. And nowhere do i believe have we shown or said that we are scumbag trolls trying to piss off anyone and their mother. Manuel and his friend knew us from a previous server HE GOT BANNED FROM for misbehaviour and has been doign still such as impersonating one of guild members. But this has been long in the past and we enjoyed playing on novaRO well knowing that there was bad blood between us 1 year ago. We thought these admins were profesional enough. But they werent, getting banned for saying a nation is fat is like so exaggerated. Considering the fact he isnt even american. With such an attitude you cannot lead a server.
Dont get me wrong. NovaRO has good traits too, else we wouldnt have played it. But sadly they dont outweight the negative aspects of the foundation.

Ps: I like people avoid the kiel card corruption case =)

Hummingbird

Quote from: eieiron on Jan 13, 2015, 09:26 AM

I'd take that bet aaaaaaaaaanyday /ok

I take it back. Nobody is going to make negative thread again on Nova RO, you wanna know why? COZ NOBODY IS GOING TO PLAY ON THAT SERVER! HA!

Say what you want to say, nothing will change. You will not get back the players that you have lost. The only one staying there are those people who donated tons of $_$.

Quote from: Alwyn on Jan 15, 2015, 12:56 AM
I'm not too sure what act to drop? The act that i'm a random passerby looking for a server after 2 years of not playing? Never played RO in a while, thought of getting back into it, NovaRO was one of the servers I was contemplating playing on and saw this thread on the front page of RMS and decided to check it out. Thought it would be a good insight of a server like I believe you thought it would be, but instead its a long post of poor choices of screenshots as they either show you in a negative light or are taken out of context in hopes that it can be used in some way to fling mud at a server regardless of how weak the screenshot that is used.

We have seen so many flaws on that server. You wouldn't want to waste your time on that. There are lots of new server around. You might want to try them. Well, if you love seeing merchants on the server, you may stay there.  /no1

Alwyn

Quote from: inzanity on Jan 15, 2015, 01:18 PM
How is anything out of context. Have you been paying attention?

Every case was clearly documented, we added screens of chat bans etc to make sure its not some false claim/lie. And no, again you dont read. I applaud you for taking your time reading all this, and thats all i ever wanted in the first place, but you need to not just read and then forget and only nitpick on details you think are not right. But to also look at the entire picture. For example, not many posts ago i said we are not like that, unless we are provoked and misstreated first. Yet you are like "omg im gonne avoid servers u play on if you act like that". You dont even know how we act, you have never seen us ingame. You can only build an estimate from what we have shown and told you. And nowhere do i believe have we shown or said that we are scumbag trolls trying to piss off anyone and their mother. Manuel and his friend knew us from a previous server HE GOT BANNED FROM for misbehaviour and has been doign still such as impersonating one of guild members. But this has been long in the past and we enjoyed playing on novaRO well knowing that there was bad blood between us 1 year ago. We thought these admins were profesional enough. But they werent, getting banned for saying a nation is fat is like so exaggerated. Considering the fact he isnt even american. With such an attitude you cannot lead a server.
Dont get me wrong. NovaRO has good traits too, else we wouldnt have played it. But sadly they dont outweight the negative aspects of the foundation.

Ps: I like people avoid the kiel card corruption case =)

The out of context one is the "Behave yourself little Missy" one. Nova explain in a later post it was out of jest, and based on all the other screenshots you yourself provided, Nova looks like he types professionally and the incident with the abuse of caps lock seems very out of place compared to the rest. The fact that you are using it as strong evidence against him gives me the idea that you actually don't have a whole bunch to work with, so you use whatever small things you have to throw at them. Your first screenshot already puts you in a negative light, as it shows that you guys have no problem provoking people into arguments. So already here you've kind of lost me believing you guys are in the right.

The next thing that makes your argument really weak is the person you are actually speaking for. Apparently this is all through Gankaare, fortunately there is a person in this thread similar to his name. Instead of using strong examples to support his argument he quickly questions other people's characters instead of their arguments. I don't find it particularly helping your case when you have Gankare here questioning if people's IQ is greater than 80, being actually pretty difficult to reason with and just in general targets characteristics of people instead of the argument they present. Which kind of makes your whole argument of being unfairly forum banned kind of redundant, since he's showing reasons to why he was banned in the first place.

You ask me not to nitpick and look at the big picture. Unfortunately when you're making a case for anything, its the small things that add up to the big picture so i can't ignore them. You're whole argument is "Nova GMs are stupid and corrupt." Which is fair, but when you look at the small details trying to support that, you have many things, but not very many of them are actually strong enough to support your argument. "I got banned on main for provoking people". Your suppose to convince me that yes the GMs are stupid and corrupt, but when you have fellow members spew out questionable ones like "GMs are spying on guild chat, that's an invasion of privacy" and "GM would sell his friends out for an MvP card, what kind of person is that?" it reeks of desperation to find anything to make the GMs look bad.

We can also go back to the Kiel Card incident if you want. In one of your post you make the argument that Addison could've just gone to whichever server you were playing on and donate there as payment and say that is different then Addison giving you money. Common sense says that's actually the same thing and not another loophole you guys are trying to find, Addison is still giving you money, just not directly and through a different server. Items found in one server should hold no value on a different server. Obviously Addison is going to ask the GM is that's ok, they have the most to lose if it gets caught that they have the card. Objection isn't going to be there to get punished, he plays on a different server, Addison on the other hand loses everything if they went through with the transaction. You also question why people are ignoring the Kiel incident, you're whole argument for it has no screenshots and its all "he said, she said" from all parties involved.

You then ask how I can judge you guys without playing with you.
QuoteYou dont even know how we act, you have never seen us ingame. You can only build an estimate from what we have shown you and told you.
This is what most people call first impressions, and if you dont think first impressions are important, then perhaps you should change that view. You then proceed to tell me that you have not shown that you are "scumbag trolls trying to piss off anyone and their mother", yet in your first post, you were a'ok to call a nation fat in 'hopes of raising awareness', you also mentioned that you wanted to exploit the Gold Coin system they had, you have Gankare here questioning people's IQ and you yourself questioning my ability to understand what you've put forward. So yes i've based my whole judgment on everything you have said about you guys. Why bother playing on the same server with people who thinks its ok to go on Main and provoke people, see what things they can exploit and when they get punished feel like they didn't do anything that warranted them getting punished?

I've probably spent too much server searching time on this thread. Probably wont post anymore, I feel like I have said unfortunately more than enough in attempt to reason with you guys.

inzanity

Naw its fine. I actually gotta agree with some things you have said.

I mean i could have worked more on the topic to make sure people can see which screen/chat was used by either me, gankaare or another person from our circle. More than one person worked on the entire text and screens and formatting and what not, so what seem like small detail to you, migh have been more important to someone else. Also opinions will always crash as to what is relevant and what isnt. As for the Kiel card exchange, theres no need for screens and chatlogs, because it has all been confirmed by all parties that the same lines were used, so its kinda obvious there.

Its actually not right to throw us all into the same pot, when one person (Gankaare) offends you or seems unreasonable. Im merely questioning your thought process and shoving everything off as, but as i said before, that is probably partly my fault for not making certain things more clear.

Well, from the posts here, you should have realised that we actually know how to converse properly and dont just "provoke people to raise awareness". in fact thats Gankaares own thing. But its the internet you know. Cussing, trolling, provoking is your daily meal, its always on every server. And if you act like a little kid about it (such as they have) its not gonna get you far in the long run.

eieiron

Quote from: inzanity on Jan 15, 2015, 08:30 PM
But its the internet you know. Cussing, trolling, provoking is your daily meal, its always on every server. And if you act like a little kid about it (such as they have) its not gonna get you far in the long run.

Just because it's commonplace, it doesn't mean it should be left unchecked. Stop questioning other people's maturity just because they don't agree with the stupidity that permeates everything your friends say.

Quote from: inzanity on Jan 11, 2015, 07:28 AM

One of our unbanned guild members then spoke to one of Addisons guild members. He told us a  few days later that Addison(Courtney) got the Kiel card. Apparently he "bought" it from our guildmate.

He did not get the card. Does that settle the "kiel card corruption case"? An unnamed guild member got info from an unnamed member of Addisons guild and you believe everything that person said (if this discussion even happened, that is)? Like you said, it's the internet you know. Lying occurs there too.

Quote from: inzanity on Jan 11, 2015, 07:28 AM
The only players left actively playing the servers are players with +14 Weapons , etc. So if you think you got a chance, think again.

The server is only 30~ Active Players at the moment. The rest are AFK alts and merchants. Dont be fooled by the online counts. Prontera is very empty, there is no one to party or pvp with. All legit players left, theres only one guild and a few straying people left on the server.

More facts pulled straight out of your rectum.  /heh

Yozakura

Quote from: inzanity on Jan 15, 2015, 08:30 PM
But its the internet you know. Cussing, trolling, provoking is your daily meal, its always on every server. And if you act like a little kid about it (such as they have) its not gonna get you far in the long run.

That's one thing. Expecting people to take you seriously with that kind of attitude is another. You can be a troll, you can be a jerk; suit yourself, that's no problem. But don't expect us to take you seriously. People can be jerks to you too. Just because you don't like their response doesn't make it more inappropriate than your behavior.

But then again, to each his own, and suit yourselves.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Gankare

Where logic fails, fanaticism takes over.

eieiron

Quote from: Gankare on Jan 16, 2015, 02:45 AM

Where false evidence fails, nice sounding one liners with no relevance take over

The Fury

Quote from: Gankare on Jan 16, 2015, 02:45 AM
Quote from: eieiron on Jan 16, 2015, 03:04 AM
Where false evidence fails, nice sounding one liners with no relevance take over
Where taking over fails, what does that leave us with?

eieiron

Quote from: The Fury on Jan 16, 2015, 03:53 AM
Where taking over fails, what does that leave us with?

The realisation that the accusations were unfounded I guess /no1

Blinzer

i stopped reading after the first incident because it's enough to make anyone realize that the GM of this server is an incompetent moron

you literally entered the chat room with the best of intentions and he did nothing other than try to slaughter them

as for everyone trying to argue against this guy, you shouldn't be in such a rush to prove you're an idiot