JourneyRO is over before it even begins.

Started by Nairanduo, Sep 04, 2020, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ara

ngl im not really any part of the playerbase that this server's aimed and im really just here to read memes but

at least bring up some kind of okay points, like how they've already pushed back their release date twice, and their only "teaser" screencaps is a website that's either just made in some kind of image editing software or sloppily thrown together in like half an hour, and a screencap of an anime girl made in ASCII(?) Like man, those margins/padding/whatever look gross. Throw a semi-transparent box behind the text in the top banner so it's actually readable or change something, idk. You're missing a . in the ellipses. Add some more space under the "Continue Reading."

like weren't they supposed to have launched by now and that's the only teaser they've put out?

again, i dont have any desire to play on that kind of server but even I'm disappointed that it's been pushed back that long because it delays the possibility of being able to watch it crash and burn, though the lack of substantial updates does build the hype for people doing the same thing I'm doing rn i guess lol

not to mention how abrasive/kind of cringe their advertisement page was...

Also the "Impossible to bot" claim lol

distilled1

Personally, I wouldn't judge a Ragnarok server's quality based on the appearance or aesthetic of its corresponding website. I think that's a dumb and shallow thing to do.
The teaser screenshots for the Ragnarok Travels website looked really nice, but I'd play a server even if its website looked like beginner html like KokoRO.
The server is what should be important, not how much time the owner wasted in photoshop or on their website's layout.
To each their own though I guess. Some people like staring at websites I guess. Kinda cringey like people who take their forum persona seriously with their character in their signature.

You're right about those two knuckleheads though, Ara. They sure picked some stupid points to attack Ragnarok Travels on.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

FlorentinePogen

Hi haters,

thank you for the advertisment, i was looking for a server like this.
I'll try it, don't care of angry kid's opinion.

Nova

Quote from: Nairanduo on Sep 10, 2020, 08:30 PM
Can you stop being a white knight for a second and tell me why you're so adamant on defending three people who are very clearly working together to create a server they think is revolutionary when it's not? They have the same ideals, two of them are on this page every single day throwing a huge load on anyone that disagrees with them. I don't dislike them as individualists but I do hate their narcissistic personality disorder mindset. They're not offering anything new yet time and time again pretending like they're the messiah of Ragnarok Online.

Alright so you don't have any bad info on them.

Quote from: Ara on Sep 11, 2020, 03:21 AM
ngl im not really any part of the playerbase that this server's aimed and im really just here to read memes but

at least bring up some kind of okay points, like how they've already pushed back their release date twice, and their only "teaser" screencaps is a website that's either just made in some kind of image editing software or sloppily thrown together in like half an hour, and a screencap of an anime girl made in ASCII(?) Like man, those margins/padding/whatever look gross. Throw a semi-transparent box behind the text in the top banner so it's actually readable or change something, idk. You're missing a . in the ellipses. Add some more space under the "Continue Reading."

like weren't they supposed to have launched by now and that's the only teaser they've put out?

again, i dont have any desire to play on that kind of server but even I'm disappointed that it's been pushed back that long because it delays the possibility of being able to watch it crash and burn, though the lack of substantial updates does build the hype for people doing the same thing I'm doing rn i guess lol

not to mention how abrasive/kind of cringe their advertisement page was...

Also the "Impossible to bot" claim lol
I kinda agree with this. If you talk a big game you better deliver. We'll see.
I am not associated with NovaRO.

Xan Sietry

I myself is working on a project and I feel like this kind of thread is not really good for the private server community.

Most of us work on servers because we are passionate about Ragnarok Online. I'm not taking any side here, as a still active developer I just feel like we should all support the new upcoming servers no matter what. If you don't agree with the views they put forward then you should simply pass your way and move on to something that will be a little more of your own tastes.

I do have a constructive criticism for this project tho. I don't know if this is how their website will look on the actual release, but people want to dig out the info and when you own a "business" the impression you make is very important. I am aware this server won't be maintaining a "business model" since it won't offer any type of donations, but you still need to maintain a marketing mindset similar to if you were building a small business

People are indeed attracted by professional websites because it says a lot. When I personally come across a website that everyone can download for free on rAthena or hercules for example, I know it will most likely not be really a good sign. I'm not saying you can't provide a good experience to your players that way, but it's not what will attract the most players.

I would personally suggest the owner of this project to check out the many professional looking Wordpress themes out there. It doesn't require much php or css knowledge and with wordpress you have access to many plugins that will really make your website standout.

When you want to buy something online and you come across a very cheap looking website you won't trust it as much as you would for the opposite. Looks can also be deceiving, I've seen many good looking website offer a very debatable experience on the server itself, but it's still the base of marketing, so if you can offer both you will grow much more efficiently.

All I wish for the future is that people will still work on private server projects because no matter what people say RO will always live on, it's a timeless game that thrives on nostalgia. Maybe the community in general is not as active as it used to be, but I've been playing some of the biggest MMORPGs like FF14 for example and I'm having a lot of fun, but it's a totally different experience. On RO you can really feel like you can be apart of a community that recognize you, it's not on the same scale of population, so, you can experience a totally different feeling playing RO.

To resume, lets support each other guys. I wish the best of luck to this server and I wish the other people on this thread to simply find a server they enjoy and also that they surround themselves with less negativity. Lets just enjoy this old game for what it is, no matter what your views are of how it should be represented in 2020.

Have a good one guys,

Xan