JourneyRO is over before it even begins.

Started by Nairanduo, Sep 04, 2020, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sakaretsu

KokoRO pretty much covers all of that except a dual clienting ban but it doesnt matter because banning dual clients is only viable when you have more than 2000 active players, and it's not possible to pull those kinds of numbers on a vanilla rates server that has basically no information on the website.

You can try all you want to FORCE a social experience, but the entire reason the ever coveted "true vanilla ragnarok experience" is unattainable is because that era of the game existed in a time before social media and commonly used chat programs like Discord (there were a few IRC-like chat hubs but absolutely nothing as prevalent as Discord is now).

Nobody in 2020 wants to waste their time with that. Nice strawmanning though, great job proving OP right if that is the kind of snide community your so called amazing server is housing :)

Savyon

Quote from: Sakaretsu on Sep 10, 2020, 11:12 AM
KokoRO pretty much covers all of that except a dual clienting ban

Travels is episodic, which makes a huge difference in how players will progress. Content updates change up a otherwise stagnant meta.

dahman

i whould love to see a 1/1/1  pretrans server again tho.

travelro will provide that feature - but only untill rebirth hits :(

cant it stay pretrans forever :P?

distilled1

Hah! What a joke you are, man.

KokoRO pretty much covers all of that except a dual clienting ban
You proceed unable to name one server, as I thought, proving my point that Ragnarok Travels is indeed unique, and not "another filedump server" as you claim it to be.
(Pulling assumptions out of your butt #1)

but it doesnt matter because banning dual clients is only viable when you have more than 2000 active players, and it's not possible to pull those kinds of numbers on a vanilla rates server
[sarcasm]Ah yes, but of course. Brilliant scientific deduction, good siiiiiir[/sarcasm]
Who's to say it couldn't one day have 2000 active players? You can predict the future or something? I didn't know you were a psychic!
I admit it's unlikely any private server could get 2000 active players. Regardless, yes banning multi-clienting is of course what a lot of players want, and it can make a "viable" game, mr. gaming scientist.
[sarcasm]Yes the server will implode or something if there's less than 2000 active players[/sarcasm] You're mistaken.
(Pulling assumptions out of your butt #2)

a vanilla rates server that has basically no information on the website.
There's info on the website, you just can't read apparently.
(Pulling assumptions out of your butt #3)

the entire reason the ever coveted "true vanilla ragnarok experience" is unattainable is because that era of the game existed in a time before social media and commonly used chat programs like Discord (there were a few IRC-like chat hubs but absolutely nothing as prevalent as Discord is now).
Probably the dumbest thing I've heard you say so far.
You realize that there's a chat system in the game players can use to communicate with each other, right? You don't need outside communication programs or social media websites like Discord or twitter to communicate and share game information. What in gods name makes you think outside communications and outside social media sites makes having a "vanilla experience" impossible?
Even if that was the case, do you not remember the many database websites and forums that were around back then like ROempire, and the one we're on right now? Do you not remember programs like ventrillo, Raidcall, MSN? I'm guessing you weren't even alive back then, kid.
(Pulling assumptions out of your butt #4)

Nobody in 2020 wants to waste their time with that
Then what's with all the people on the Ragnarok Travels discord already BEFORE it's even released?
I think you meant to say "I personally can't handle 1x rates". Yes we've established that.
(Pulling assumptions out of your butt #5)

great job proving OP right if that is the kind of snide community your so called amazing server is housing
Oh sorry if I'm too "snide" with people like you, kiddo. If you can't handle someone being "snide" to you after you start off as passive-aggressive, then I don't know what to say. Grow a pair?
I'm one person by the way, not the entire community. The community I've seen on discord so far more polite than I am, and I myself am a nice person. Just not to people like you for good reason.
(Pulling assumptions out of your butt #6)
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

Nova

KokoRO pretty much covers all of that except a dual clienting ban but it doesnt matter because banning dual clients is only viable when you have more than 2000 active players, and it's not possible to pull those kinds of numbers on a vanilla rates server that has basically no information on the website.

You can try all you want to FORCE a social experience, but the entire reason the ever coveted "true vanilla ragnarok experience" is unattainable is because that era of the game existed in a time before social media and commonly used chat programs like Discord (there were a few IRC-like chat hubs but absolutely nothing as prevalent as Discord is now).

Nobody in 2020 wants to waste their time with that. Nice strawmanning though, great job proving OP right if that is the kind of snide community your so called amazing server is housing :)

KokoRO doesn't need to be mentioned. No ill will towards those people, but it seems more like an art project and it's a hassle even getting the client to work and like you said you can multiclient there. There is no server out there at the moment that can offer the genuine classic experience. I agree with your second point. We'll never have the same experience again for pretty much any game that will ever come out from now on, because we have too many things. We are too modern.

This server will be really good and a godsend to a decent chunk of old and new players, especially those that come from the official servers. But only if the admin can deliver. If the server opens and we see that it's a buggy mess or he doesn't have the knowledge/expertise to give us a smooth experience then we go back in the waiting room for another long time. So let's hope and let's see.
I am not associated with NovaRO.

Nairanduo

Why should there be a multi-ban when it was never illegal in the first place? People would've multi client in 2002 too if they paid for more than two subscriptions which some people did! You want a genuine social interaction? Then stop throwing a tantrum when someone is a) gives a negative feedback, 2) stop contradicting yourself on what's viable or not. And 3) have a better attitude.

You are sniding and aggressive. All 3 of you, actually. It's not attractive by the least. So that's it. Now you know anytime Lord J, Savvyon and Distilled tries to make a server it's not going to work because they don't have social skills outside RO. They don't actually understand what it takes to run a Ragnarok Online server(or any game server for that matter) and is fundamentally missing the point of technology evolution. Things are not the same as 2002 era. Nobody wants a hardcore version. They want something new. Something that isn't a grf grab & go with ridiculous customs or customs fitting to one Job Class. Most people don't like chitchatting. Trying to force that along with your bland visualization again only makes a dying game die faster.

Like c'mon guys this isn't so hard.

Nova

Quote from: Nairanduo on Sep 10, 2020, 06:38 PM
Why should there be a multi-ban when it was never illegal in the first place? People would've multi client in 2002 too if they paid for more than two subscriptions which some people did! You want a genuine social interaction? Then stop throwing a tantrum when someone is a) gives a negative feedback, 2) stop contradicting yourself on what's viable or not. And 3) have a better attitude.

You are sniding and aggressive. All 3 of you, actually. It's not attractive by the least. So that's it. Now you know anytime Lord J, Savvyon and Distilled tries to make a server it's not going to work because they don't have social skills outside RO. They don't actually understand what it takes to run a Ragnarok Online server(or any game server for that matter) and is fundamentally missing the point of technology evolution. Things are not the same as 2002 era. Nobody wants a hardcore version. They want something new. Something that isn't a grf grab & go with ridiculous customs or customs fitting to one Job Class. Most people don't like chitchatting. Trying to force that along with your bland visualization again only makes a dying game die faster.

Can you stop arguing for a second and give some true info on wether these people are working together or if they have worked together on past servers before? And if they f*** up? As far as I can tell Lord J is the only admin/dev and Savyon is a helper. Do you have any negative info on them apart from the fact that you don't like them? Because, if that's the only negative point about them in your opinion and if the server does well then you will have slapped your own face in this thread.
I am not associated with NovaRO.

Imperial Regalia

Edit: Not relevant. Sentence char limit.

Sakaretsu

man the denial is strong in this thread

Necrophiliac

Quote from: Nairanduo on Sep 10, 2020, 06:38 PM

Why do you care so much about whether you can multi-client or not on this server?  There are people who want to play "the hardcore version", it's why they have people in their discord waiting for it to open.  You're making it sound like they have some obligation to make the most successful server they can, when it sounds like this guy is just doing this as a hobby to make a server he'd want to play on that he's funding himself.

Nairanduo

Quote from: Nova on Sep 10, 2020, 07:28 PM
Can you stop arguing for a second and give some true info on wether these people are working together or if they have worked together on past servers before? And if they f*** up? As far as I can tell Lord J is the only admin/dev and Savyon is a helper. Do you have any negative info on them apart from the fact that you don't like them? Because, if that's the only negative point about them in your opinion and if the server does well then you will have slapped your own face in this thread.

Can you stop being a white knight for a second and tell me why you're so adamant on defending three people who are very clearly working together to create a server they think is revolutionary when it's not? They have the same ideals, two of them are on this page every single day throwing a huge load on anyone that disagrees with them. I don't dislike them as individualists but I do hate their narcissistic personality disorder mindset. They're not offering anything new yet time and time again pretending like they're the messiah of Ragnarok Online.

Quote from: Necrophiliac on Sep 10, 2020, 08:20 PM
Why do you care so much about whether you can multi-client or not on this server?  There are people who want to play "the hardcore version", it's why they have people in their discord waiting for it to open.  You're making it sound like they have some obligation to make the most successful server they can, when it sounds like this guy is just doing this as a hobby to make a server he'd want to play on that he's funding himself.

Ask the hosts of JourneyRO why they're against it so much, other than SoCiAl InTeRacTionS and GaMeChangeR. And why they're so persistent on trying to change something that's obviously not going to change, ever. It's a dead server! I also intended this to die out but they keep responding with the most meme answer to date so naturally I should say something.

Quote from: Sakaretsu on Sep 10, 2020, 08:02 PM
man the denial is strong in this thread

Sure is.

Quote from: Imperial Regalia on Sep 10, 2020, 07:53 PM
You could actually only have one game account per credit card. This restriction is evidence that multi-clienting was never intended by the developers.

That was never a thing. A business never limits a payout to one credit card. Nowhere in the world does this. If you had the money you could have several accounts. To say that it's limited to one and being intended as such is a biased view you wish were true. That's not how business work. How do you think bots ran rampart? By limiting each RMTer to one credit card? Wow.

Necrophiliac

Quote from: Nairanduo on Sep 10, 2020, 08:30 PM
Ask the hosts of JourneyRO why they're against it so much, other than SoCiAl InTeRacTionS and GaMeChangeR. And why they're so persistent on trying to change something that's obviously not going to change, ever. It's a dead server! I also intended this to die out but they keep responding with the most meme answer to date so naturally I should say something.

You complain about them not accepting negative feedback, but when you post "SoCiAl InTeRacTionS and GaMeChangeR" it really makes it seem like you aren't trying to give constructive feedback.  It seems obvious they're against multi-clienting because it's their server and how they would want to play.  I still don't know why you are against it.  From an outsider perspective that doesn't know the history you had with them before this server outside of the fact that they were elitist you being so against them not having multi-clienting looks the same to me as if you complained that they weren't making a high rate server because they played a high rate before and benefited from leveling faster. 
I mean is the problem you want to play this server and multi-client on it?
If someone you didn't have past issues with made a server without multi-clienting would you be so against it?  It's hard to tell if you're against the server idea (1x episodic starting at episode 5 banning multi-clienting) or if you just have a problem with the server owner from past interactions and how he decided to advertise his server.

Savyon

If you don't like our server, don't play it. The end.

Imperial Regalia

Edit: Not relevant. Sentence char limit.

distilled1

Nairanduo, and Sakaretsu, if anyone here is "working together" it's probably you two since you're both just throwing negativity at this RO project for seemingly no reason.
It's as if you're both extremely threatened by this server merely existing. Quite sad really.

I don't even know Savyon. I've spoken to him in the Ragnarok Travels discord a few times since I'd joined it. That's it.
I know Lord J even less, and again, he is the ONLY one in charge of Ragnarok Travels. So you two can stop with your conspiracy theories and paranoid delusions.
I myself am just a fan of the server, and I like defending it from unwarranted negativity, and false accusations from people like you two.
I also like proving how stupid, and insane you both sound, pulling assumptions right out of your butt... AGAIN. lol
You're both insane. I swear to god. Get some professional help.

Also, Lord J, that screenshot is awesome. I didn't even realize it required more than 1 credit card to multi-client back in the good ol' iRO days.
Suck on it, multi-client-defending scum.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!