GM Boreas is TalonRO's biggest narcissist!

Started by mrazik, Dec 31, 2020, 10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrazik

GM Boreas constantly puts people down on discord and recently called the whole population of Talonro players as a bunch "retards". In this case, someone sarcastically mentioned the SQI update, which is an update that the TalonRO player base has been waiting for almost year and a half now. When people call him out on his rude behaviour he just instantly bans them and deletes their messages.  He constantly puts himself above everyone else, and, unless you don't worship him or stroke his ego, he'll just threaten to close the server because he can't be bothered to run it, and, in his own words, "people don't deserve to play on it"; he also keeps mentioning that it's free and we don't pay a dime, which is technically true, but he does constantly get donations too.

I'll tell you why you aren't closing the server Boreas, you're simply making too much from the donations. The charity fundraser alone, which doesn't even give you any advantage in the game when you donate (only costumes), has made over 7 thousand dollars (Yes 7K USD!), in one month. Now of course this charity is for a noble cause, but the point was to give the reader a rough idea on how much they can be making from just regular donations; donations that actually give you an edge in-game.

The fact that Boreas threatened to close the server several times before already, just comes to show that he lost his passion for the server, which, don't get me wrong, is understandable considering how long he's been running it. However, if that is the case then take a break or pass the leadership to someone else, someone that is more competent, there is no need to harass people you've never met on discord just because you can.

At this point, GM Seiren and GM Phoenix are the only two sane people keeping the server alive, even though they will most likely side with him.

Kind regards and Happy New Year everyone! Apologies for the slightly negative topic but I think it's necessary to shed some light on it!

mrazik

Phanneh

I don't see any screenshots... just for the record, it's always nice to have the receipts when you're making allegations; it is what it is.

mrazik

I got banned from his discord server for literally just pointing out his behaviour, so I couldn't take any screenshots and now the messages of him calling people retards are all deleted. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it, or don't, it's up to you and I couldn't care less; right now I'm just glad it's out there.

Imperial Regalia

You should include what you actually said to him.

mrazik

It's not important what I said to him, I'm basically acting like a third party trying to expose his extremely demeaning behaviour to other players; this is not the first time and eveyone knows it.

But anyways, I called him a narcissist after he called everyone retarded, he then procceded to reply to my comment with "I'm just a realist" - that's the only conversation I had with him; after that I got kicked from discord almost immediately. He probably deleted those messsages the moment he saw my post on RMS calling him out on it.

Another point I want to add, I knew I was entering risky waters with my remark to him but I didn't care if he was going to kick me or not. The point was simply to stand up to him and it seems like it worked because by the looks of it he got scared s*** and deleted his comments.

Taker

I totally agree with what OP says. Boreas is not what he is used to be. He was a little nice back in the days. But now I can feel that he changed the way he treats the community. He is being toxic on his own choice of words. But with power, it is what it is. You give your honest negative opinion and you'll get punished right away. He just became too toxic man. No hate. Well, not many people were able to stand on their feet against Boreas. So yeah, you wouldn't know until you set yourself up in a situation where you decided to stand for what you think is right against this game master called "Boreas".

After all, the game is doing great. But NOT because of him, it is because of the other GMs that try their best to keep the community healthy. Even though this SQI update... meh, I do not even want to talk about it. I even doubt that it will be an amazing update that the community will like due to its pro-longed update.

Anyways, Boreas is surrounded by game masters that are caring especially for the community that makes the server alive. So I would still recommend playing Talon RO. It is a great server, because of its community. Just don't try to cross paths with Boreas. He is somewhat narcissistic in my own opinion. Cheers!   /no1

Boreas

Quote from: mrazik on Dec 31, 2020, 10:43 PM
GM Boreas constantly puts people down on discord and recently called the whole population of Talonro players as a bunch "retards".
I barely ever talk on DIscord and if I do then in support tickets where you can't even read what's been said. So not sure where this comes from.

Quote from: mrazik on Dec 31, 2020, 10:43 PMIn this case, someone sarcastically mentioned the SQI update, which is an update that the TalonRO player base has been waiting for almost year and a half now. When people call him out on his rude behaviour he just instantly bans them and deletes their messages.
I kick people who talk s***, indeed. The message deletion is part of Discords ban feature. The dropdown is set to delete the last 7 days worth of messages on my client.

Quote from: mrazik on Jan 01, 2021, 02:25 PMBut anyways, I called him a narcissist after he called everyone retarded, he then procceded to reply to my comment with "I'm just a realist" - that's the only conversation I had with him; after that I got kicked from discord almost immediately. He probably deleted those messsages the moment he saw my post on RMS calling him out on it.
Read my message above. My initial post is still on DIscord, I did not delete anything, neitehr do I care about RMS. This forum is for the trolls, everybody knows that. Probably part of the reaosn why servers like NovaRO don't give a f*** about RMS anymore.

Quote from: mrazik on Dec 31, 2020, 10:43 PMI'll tell you why you aren't closing the server Boreas, you're simply making too much from the donations. The charity fundraser alone, which doesn't even give you any advantage in the game when you donate (only costumes), has made over 7 thousand dollars (Yes 7K USD!), in one month. Now of course this charity is for a noble cause, but the point was to give the reader a rough idea on how much they can be making from just regular donations; donations that actually give you an edge in-game.
I will tell you why I will not close the server: a) There are sometimes people who are somewhat freindly at least, unlike the kinds of you. b) I don't own the server, as such I will not close anything. Me being on the staff or not doesn't matter at all. c) If you really think that I am rich because of the server then you couldn't be any more wrong, I work in a 80 hours job, TalonRO is merely a hobby. Don't judge other ppl if you don't know what you are talking about.

Quote from: mrazik on Dec 31, 2020, 10:43 PMThe fact that Boreas threatened to close the server several times before already, just comes to show that he lost his passion for the server, which, don't get me wrong, is understandable considering how long he's been running it. However, if that is the case then take a break or pass the leadership to someone else, someone that is more competent, there is no need to harass people you've never met on discord just because you can.
Leadership was passed on to GM Seiren years ago. I am only doing the tech stuff behind the scenes that you don't even notice. Nobody is going to close the server. And I am also not mentioning every day on Discord that I am closing the server. Lie more please.

Quote from: mrazik on Dec 31, 2020, 10:43 PMAt this point, GM Seiren and GM Phoenix are the only two sane people keeping the server alive, even though they will most likely side with him.
True. Seiren, Phoenix and especially Lance do an amazing job these days.

Quote from: mrazik on Dec 31, 2020, 10:43 PMKind regards and Happy New Year everyone! Apologies for the slightly negative topic but I think it's necessary to shed some light on it!
It's okay, you are what you are.

Quote from: Lai on Jan 05, 2021, 05:43 AM
Many servers out there...
Many good low rates too.
Says someone like you. Really? Don't make people look for your name on this forum, they would be surprised what kind of a person yoiu are Lai. Just get out of this topic, you are far worse than me. And that's an achievement.

Quote from: Taker on Jan 05, 2021, 03:51 PM
I totally agree with what OP says. Boreas is not what he is used to be. He was a little nice back in the days. But now I can feel that he changed the way he treats the community. He is being toxic on his own choice of words. But with power, it is what it is. You give your honest negative opinion and you'll get punished right away. He just became too toxic man. No hate. Well, not many people were able to stand on their feet against Boreas. So yeah, you wouldn't know until you set yourself up in a situation where you decided to stand for what you think is right against this game master called "Boreas".
not sure whewre this rumor comes from. You can ask any other GM, I never ban anyone. My last ban was probably two years ago when someone frauded the voting system. I am not evend ealing with ban worthy cases, nor do I care what people talk about me in general.

Quote from: Taker on Jan 05, 2021, 03:51 PMAfter all, the game is doing great. But NOT because of him, it is because of the other GMs that try their best to keep the community healthy. Even though this SQI update... meh, I do not even want to talk about it. I even doubt that it will be an amazing update that the community will like due to its pro-longed update. Anyways, Boreas is surrounded by game masters that are caring especially for the community that makes the server alive. So I would still recommend playing Talon RO. It is a great server, because of its community. Just don't try to cross paths with Boreas. He is somewhat narcissistic in my own opinion. Cheers!   /no1

Definition of narcisstic: having or showing an excessive interest in or admiration of oneself and one's physical appearance.

Does anybody here even know what that word means? You make no sense. Just saying. Cheers!

To sum this up: grow up and leave me alone with your false rumors and quick judgements. Fact is that I am barely active on any social media platforms, not on Discord, not on the forum and you have never dealt with me except for that one sentence you randomly dropped on Discord to insult me. So ya. We all know by now that I am the devil, that's fine, but at least don't spread lies that are simply not true.

Lai

Why is my reply deleted? o,o

Did I say anything wrong? :o

It's true there are many good low rates out there with great administration.
Give new servers a chance, old servers are getting too powerful  /heh /heh /heh

mrazik

Quote from: Boreas on Jan 05, 2021, 04:38 PM
I barely ever talk on DIscord and if I do then in support tickets where you can't even read what's been said. So not sure where this comes from.
Oh really, so you don't remember what you say when you insult other people, how convinient for you.

I kick people who talk s***, indeed. The message deletion is part of Discords ban feature. The dropdown is set to delete the last 7 days worth of messages on my client.
This feature you speak of seems to delete your own messages too, once again, how convinient.

Read my message above. My initial post is still on DIscord, I did not delete anything, neitehr do I care about RMS. This forum is for the trolls, everybody knows that. Probably part of the reaosn why servers like NovaRO don't give a f*** about RMS anymore.
They don't have to rely on RMS because they at least have a fully functioning database unlike TalonRO, where players are still dependent on searching RMS for monsters.

Leadership was passed on to GM Seiren years ago. I am only doing the tech stuff behind the scenes that you don't even notice. Nobody is going to close the server. And I am also not mentioning every day on Discord that I am closing the server. Lie more please.
Nobody said you mention it everyday (after all, in your own words "I barely ever talk on discord"), but at least you're not denying that you do mention in the first place.

It's okay, you are what you are.
And I'm happy with who I am, I get to expose toxic people like you.

not sure whewre this rumor comes from. You can ask any other GM, I never ban anyone. My last ban was probably two years ago when someone frauded the voting system. I am not evend ealing with ban worthy cases, nor do I care what people talk about me in general.
Are you also a pathological liar? Are you telling me you don't ban people on discord? Lol, you ban everyone that has a slightly different point of view than yourself, don't b*llsh*t me.

Boreas

QuoteOh really, so you don't remember what you say when you insult other people, how convinient for you.
Screenshots of me constantly insulting people please. As I said, I barely talk to anyone so I wouldn't even know when I insluted someone the last time.

QuoteThis feature you speak of seems to delete your own messages too, once again, how convinient.
No it does not. Once again, I did not delete any of my messages. Not sure what you are talking about. It does only delete the messages of people who get kicked from Discord.

QuoteThey don't have to rely on RMS because they at least have a fully functioning database unlike TalonRO, where players are still dependent on searching RMS for monsters.
Feel free to code up the database if you want. Nobody is stopping frou from doing so. Sounds like time spent on such a database makes more sense than this useless trolling. Lol

QuoteAnd I'm happy with who I am, I get to expose toxic people like you.
Funny enougfh you are as bad as me by jumping on Discord and insulting me. Dunno why you would think that you are any better than me then.

QuoteAre you also a pathological liar? Are you telling me you don't ban people on discord? Lol, you ban everyone that has a slightly different point of view than yourself, don't b*llsh*t me.
I do not ban people who got a different opinion than me, no. Never did, never will. If you jump on Discord and insult me then you get kicked out tho. Feel free to host your own Discord server in that case, there you can insult whoever you want.

Again, you are just here to spread lies and rumors. Am I an a******? Sure. Do I ban people without a reason just because they don't like what I do? Surely not. And so far no evidence of anything has been posted. I answered to around 10 support tickets today, feel free to ask around if I insulted anyone in there. This whole topic is rather sad, but probably quite entertaining for the trolls. So ya, keep it up mrazik. You seem bored.

hiddenfang

I can confirm that GM Boreas did threaten to take down the server. However, the post has been deleted from the discord. He tried to make it look like a joke, but it was definitely a toxic message to the players.

The server in general is incredibly wonderful. GM Boreas is the sole exception to that. He constantly tries to make people feel stupid and acts like a bully. I think the server would be much better off without him. I'm sure readers can tell he's a toxic person already just by seeing how he's responded in this thread.

The bright side is that TalonRO is big enough that you don't need to interact with him at all. I wholeheartedly believe the other TalonRO GMs are amazing.

Phanneh

One of my posts in this thread was deleted.
I searched for PMs informing me of any rule I may have broken, and found none.
I believe that the post was deleted in error, so I re-iterate the questions it contained.

b) I don't own the server, as such I will not close anything.
[...]
Leadership was passed on to GM Seiren years ago.

c) If you really think that I am rich because of the server then you couldn't be any more wrong, I work in a 80 hours job, TalonRO is merely a hobby.

Don't judge other ppl if you don't know what you are talking about.

Easy for people to not know what they're talking about when the information is not publicly stated or evidenced.

1.  When donations are made in return for Talon coins, Who gets the money?

2.  Leaving aside questions of Leadership, which may be a vague word, Who has the legal ownership and right to close the server?

Spoiler

"Ariasqt", or someone by a similar name had asked how these questions were any of my business, and the answer is of course self-explanatory.

1. Firstly, it is Boreas' business to put the information out there as he is complaining about people not knowing what they are talking about.

2. Secondly, it is my business as a casual passerby on a public forum, since the answers are relevant to the discussion at hand*. 

3. Thirdly, it is my business as a player, since it is obviously the business of all players (and hypothetical or potential donators) to know where their money is going, and to know who has the power to close the server - most especially in the context of allegations such as are contained in the Opening post.

*"The discussion" including specifically the allegations that (i) Boreas threatened or threatens to close the server, and (ii) that he makes money from the server.

The relevance of questions such as mine, which require POSITIVE answers rather than merely negative ones, is that they decrease the possibility of ambiguity, or absence of the whole truth. 

For example: "I don't make money from the server" is a merely negative answer, whereas "I don't make money from the server  but a company which I wholly control does get the money" contains a positive element.
[close]

askalol622

Well, as far as the long list of complains this GM has in this forums, plus the way he had replied to the early ones as well, makes me believe the complains/allegations of their players involving him seems to be quite ..... true.... well, im all for reading another Boreas thread.

Nubblyn

Ah screenshot? Insert here we go again meme here  /heh

https://i.imgur.com/CByV8rE.jpg

Full situation is, somebody comment about sqi revamp in 2021. That is it .

Penance

You guys seriously need to get over yourselves.

As stated by Boreas, he ISN'T the server owner, Seiren is. Therefore the comment he made (which I doubt he said mind you considering the way it was written - looks to me like a fake screenshot with all the spelling errors) is invalid.

He has no power to close the server down, and as mentioned by Boreas himself he wouldn't even if he had the authority to. Imagine posting miniscule rants in a forum that's barely active.

Phanneh

Quote from: Penance on Jan 12, 2021, 08:55 AM
As stated by Boreas, he ISN'T the server owner, Seiren is.
He spoke of "leadership" in relation to Seiren, not legal ownership; hence my question.
He did say "I don't own the server" but that was followed by "I will not close anything" not "I cannot" close it down.
Perhaps he owns a part of it, or something or someone that he controls owns it or a part of it.
Or perhaps it's just an issue of English not being his first language.
But either way, a positive and truthful assertion in answer to the question removes ambiguity.

Quote from: Penance on Jan 12, 2021, 08:55 AM
He has no power to close the server down
That is the very thing that I wish to know.

To assume, as they say, [regrettably mutilated by this forum's word filter] makes "an donkey of u and me."

Quote from: Nubblyn on Jan 12, 2021, 05:25 AM

Huh. 
I guess now I do see a screenshot.
I've no idea if it was edited or not, but would ya look at that.

Penance

Phanneh, Boreas literally confirmed that he isn't the server owner in an earlier post. Move on lad!

Either way, TalonRO is one of the best pre-renewal servers to exist as evident by its 14+ year service with zero wipes. Name me another server that is able to commit to monthly updates, tons of seasonal events and new PvM content all year round. Great job to Seiren, Phoenix and Lance for keeping this server afloat for so many years! And kudos to Boreas for putting up with these childish threads.  /ok

hiddenfang

To me, it's not a matter of whether or not Boreas has the power to shutdown the server. It's about his toxic behavior when interacting with players. I recall reading the message in the screenshot before it was deleted from the discord. It is not fake. I doubt that he was serious about it, but it's just another example of how poorly he treats the player base.

TalonRO is the best server out there. Boreas is one of the few blemishes it has. Based on what I've seen, I highly doubt his backend contributions outweigh the negatives he produces. Despite this, most players should be able to avoid Boreas's toxicity and enjoy their time on the server.

Sachimi

Quote from: Nubblyn on Jan 12, 2021, 05:25 AM

Hahahahahhahahahahahhahaha xD

Okay so, questions - why is the text misaligned, why is the DP cut off, and why is there no input area for messages at the bottom? [Spoiler, I already know the answer - it's fake, and a garbage job at that.]
Side note: zooming in to see the text alignment is annoying, but the vertical line for the B and the L don't line up, and the left tip of the Y should line up with that too.

Zoomed in to a normal size to see the DP being cut off better.

Real screenshot, where as you can see the text is perfectly aligned, display pic is not cut off, and it doesn't suddenly end without an input box:

I would say "nice try" but it really wasn't.

Neffletics

Quote from: Sachimi on Jan 17, 2021, 05:53 AM
I would say "nice try" but it really wasn't.

The grammar is also terrible.
solacero rip

Naruto

Too bad ragnarok private servers dont really work lol  /no1

Sachimi

Quote from: Naruto on Jan 17, 2021, 11:59 PM
Too bad ragnarok private servers dont really work lol  /no1

TalonRO has literally been up for (almost) 14 years and still going, including major updates every month. b**** please.