GM Boreas is TalonRO's biggest narcissist!

Started by mrazik, Dec 31, 2020, 10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phanneh

Quote from: Penance on Jan 12, 2021, 08:55 AM
As stated by Boreas, he ISN'T the server owner, Seiren is.
He spoke of "leadership" in relation to Seiren, not legal ownership; hence my question.
He did say "I don't own the server" but that was followed by "I will not close anything" not "I cannot" close it down.
Perhaps he owns a part of it, or something or someone that he controls owns it or a part of it.
Or perhaps it's just an issue of English not being his first language.
But either way, a positive and truthful assertion in answer to the question removes ambiguity.

Quote from: Penance on Jan 12, 2021, 08:55 AM
He has no power to close the server down
That is the very thing that I wish to know.

To assume, as they say, [regrettably mutilated by this forum's word filter] makes "an donkey of u and me."

Quote from: Nubblyn on Jan 12, 2021, 05:25 AM
Ah screenshot? Insert here we go again meme here  /heh

https://i.imgur.com/CByV8rE.jpg

Full situation is, somebody comment about sqi revamp in 2021. That is it .

Huh. 
I guess now I do see a screenshot.
I've no idea if it was edited or not, but would ya look at that.

Penance

Phanneh, Boreas literally confirmed that he isn't the server owner in an earlier post. Move on lad!

Either way, TalonRO is one of the best pre-renewal servers to exist as evident by its 14+ year service with zero wipes. Name me another server that is able to commit to monthly updates, tons of seasonal events and new PvM content all year round. Great job to Seiren, Phoenix and Lance for keeping this server afloat for so many years! And kudos to Boreas for putting up with these childish threads.  /ok

hiddenfang

To me, it's not a matter of whether or not Boreas has the power to shutdown the server. It's about his toxic behavior when interacting with players. I recall reading the message in the screenshot before it was deleted from the discord. It is not fake. I doubt that he was serious about it, but it's just another example of how poorly he treats the player base.

TalonRO is the best server out there. Boreas is one of the few blemishes it has. Based on what I've seen, I highly doubt his backend contributions outweigh the negatives he produces. Despite this, most players should be able to avoid Boreas's toxicity and enjoy their time on the server.

Sachimi

Quote from: Nubblyn on Jan 12, 2021, 05:25 AM
Ah screenshot? Insert here we go again meme here  /heh

https://i.imgur.com/CByV8rE.jpg

Full situation is, somebody comment about sqi revamp in 2021. That is it .

Hahahahahhahahahahahhahaha xD

Okay so, questions - why is the text misaligned, why is the DP cut off, and why is there no input area for messages at the bottom? [Spoiler, I already know the answer - it's fake, and a garbage job at that.]
Side note: zooming in to see the text alignment is annoying, but the vertical line for the B and the L don't line up, and the left tip of the Y should line up with that too.

Zoomed in to a normal size to see the DP being cut off better.

Real screenshot, where as you can see the text is perfectly aligned, display pic is not cut off, and it doesn't suddenly end without an input box:

I would say "nice try" but it really wasn't.

Neffletics

Quote from: Sachimi on Jan 17, 2021, 05:53 AM
I would say "nice try" but it really wasn't.

The grammar is also terrible.
solacero rip

Naruto

Too bad ragnarok private servers dont really work lol  /no1

Sachimi

Quote from: Naruto on Jan 17, 2021, 11:59 PM
Too bad ragnarok private servers dont really work lol  /no1

TalonRO has literally been up for (almost) 14 years and still going, including major updates every month. b**** please.