AquaRO.

Started by Rhaeselon, Jul 27, 2012, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhaeselon

One of my guild members received a ban for a similar reason. I'm still not entirely sure why.

Shortly after seeing that, I sort of received what I suppose you could call an explanation:

Note: Me = SaveTheLimboState's friend (he had to talk to a GM for us, since we were completely banned and had no means of contacting one) and Ridley is, of course, a GM.

I'm sure you're all going to be taking this with a huge grain of salt (which is fine) since it isn't a screen shot, but it's the best I can do at the moment.
Me: hey u there ?
Ridley: yush
Me: why SaveTheLimboState accnt is banned ?
Ridley: because he's the mate of the other guy who is banned
Me: who ?
Ridley: both well known for server hacking/bug abusing etc
Me: LOL ? are u surea bout that coz ive been playing with him on all servers even in lumins this last days
Me: so maybe ur confusing him
Me: coz hes a frend of mine so can tell me clearly what bugabuse and server hacking he did ?
Ridley: he is the mate of HUMPY THE BR QUEEN
Ridley: and both will stay banned
Me: so ? because they know eachother snt mena hes gonna do what humpy do , i know humpy too so u gonna banned me too for it ?
Me: thats like dumb really...
Ridley: lol it not about to know each other
Ridley: several server admins pm'd me to check the name, ip's and host ect of them and they are black listed
Me: u know savtethelimbostate played with me on lumina like 1 week ago
Me: after that we play on equity
Me: after that we played on nemain
Me: never been banned lmao
Me: never accused of server hacking
Me: and he is not even banned on lumina lmao
Me: so maybe ur confusing him ...
Ridley: i don't think so
Me: ive been playing with him for over a year on servers and we never been banned and accused of anything so how come hes on a " black list ' ?
Me: or maybe its just adhelle that have a personal grudge with him ... coz is not a chocker adhelle is the admin of this server ... =]
Ridley: all i know is that they are know for wiping some servers, so i won't take a risk on this
Ridley: lol adhelle got nothing to do with this xD
Me: admin email is adhelle email lmao ...
Me: and hows is that possible if ive been playing with him for over a year
Me: and all the server we go we never get banned or accused of anything
Me: thats liek impossible lol
Ridley: 1st that just because it's "her" server, means another one she is renting and giving to me
Ridley: 2nd i won't change my mind on this case
Me: well good luck ith lumina v2, we all now she making this server coz of lumina bad rep its not a brainer
Ridley: lol it's alright

For anyone who cares, yes, this does appear to be one of Adhelle's servers, given the fact that the forum administrator's email address seems to belong to her:

[Image removed, posting personal information without permission.]

What does this have to do with our getting banned? I don't really know, to be honest. I haven't really even played Lumina since 2009 (if memory serves).

I have yet to see any proof that I have ever hacked a server (it shouldn't exist; I've never hacked a server in my entire life). Of course, one could argue that it's their server and they can do as they please with it, but banning someone, leaving a vague explanation for said ban, then stating some silly accusations without any real proof after banning that person, just seems ridiculous to me and I can't imagine very many people wanting to play a server that is run by GM's who operate like that.

Now, if Adhelle or someone on the AquaRO staff could respond to this thread (or even PM me) with some sort of concrete proof that my guild member and I have taken part in the hacking of any server (I'd really like to know where you guys are getting this information from), it would be greatly appreciated.

DeuxeVonL

First of, yeah, your right. This is pretty difficult to see, without a form of visual proof.

Still, one thing that bugs me. Why do so many admins struggle to perform the simple task of informing individuals why they were banned? "Because I know who you are" (if that is the reason) I could bring up a load of situations where that justification is useless. If he's saying your a hacker, I'm sure he can come here, or inform you privately, with proof that you indeed hack/are blacklisted.

Where does Adhelle come into this though?

Rhaeselon

Apparently, Adhelle knows some of us and this appears to be one of her servers. I'm still not entirely sure on that, but the fact that the email address used by the forum seems to belong to her, is pretty suggestive.

Aurae

she doesnt deny that from what i saw:

Me: admin email is adhelle email lmao ...
Me: and hows is that possible if ive been playing with him for over a year
Me: and all the server we go we never get banned or accused of anything
Me: thats liek impossible lol
Ridley: 1st that just because it's "her" server, means another one she is renting and giving to me

http://www.rivalro.com - competitive gaming
BG 2.0, WoE, PvP and MvP at its finest!

Rhaeselon

Uh, I don't think Adhelle and Ridley are the same person, though I could be mistaken about that.

Mjolnir

Their are a few reasons Adhelle is brought up in this thread, main one being her owning or being a big part of this new server. AAAAAAnd her being the only admin on the server SaveTheLimboState had any prior connection with.

Where as SaveTheLimboState has to my knowledge absolutely no history of server hacking/wipeing/destroying, (I've been on every server he's played for a good 4 years now) he does in fact have a history of being disliked along with his entire guild by adhelle along with most other lumina staff. They gained this anger from her after playing for a short time on her long time running luminaRO server. After a few things got increasingly worse (lag, WoE Bugs, Random Bannings with sub par evidence to support them.) They left the server, this however was not without a few trolling words, as most players do when they leave. But nothing to get themselves banned, just opinions on why they felt the server had failed them. However i recall many moments of adhelle expressing her dislike for how the guild handled this leave.

I dare anyone to find a connection between HUMPY THE BR QUEEN, and SaveTheLimboState and a hacked/shut down server. I mean i know sunlive comes to mind? But that's in the past...

TL:DR

Not important, all the admins need to do now to save face, is give a logical reason as to why they banned the accounts (not a fabricated one please)

DeuxeVonL

I can't quite comprehend this:

QuoteRidley: 1st that just because it's "her" server, means another one she is renting and giving to me

She's funding Aqua, and letting Ridley run it? (?) Meh, I'm assuming it wont be long till Adhelle comments, or Ridley. Either way, that's a piss poor reason to give explaining a ban.

adhelle

Hi! I setuped the forum and the control panel for Aqua and I'm helping with other things. This is why my email was there, but it was already corrected. By the way, that is my personal email and not the email I use for ragnarok stuffs so I would appreciate if you hid it in the first post. But I am not Ridley and I am not responsible for the forum administration and bans. I would just like to clarify that. Plus, I have no idea who humpy is.

Also, Ridley is not the only admin of Aqua so I'm not even sure if she was. But my honest opinion is that Ridley has the right to ban whoever she wants if there is a history of bad behavior in other servers and this is relevant to her. If it was me I'd probably not do it until something happened on my server, but that's her call, not mine. Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Best of luck.

Also, I'm not closing Lumina and I am not responsible for opening Aqua. I am affiliated to Aqua though, as I have just explained above, I'm helping the admins with technical skills. About closing Lumina, that's a rumor people made, and it's not the first time. I'm sure you would all be happy to see Lumina die, but it hasn't for 3 years. If I was gonna close lumina, I'd have done it long ago, believe me, and you know exactly why. Plus, if i was really gonna leave Lumina for some reason it would be real life issues, and I wouldn't close it. I'd give it to Kaiz. It's my baby. So please, that difund stories that could damage my server unless you are 100% sure of what you are talking about.

Edit: can a forum mod please remove my personal email from this topic?

yC

For general information purposes, some posts are removed for troll.  SaveTheLimboState and Perchloric are accounts created within 2 hours of each other and share the same IP.

Email? I can only see one in an image, will remove the link, do not repost it is against the forum rules to post personal information (image, text, interactive etc) without consent of the owner.  It also contain a small picture of someone too.

DeuxeVonL

Key point is, someone passed on information about his guild mates (?), to their admins (?). I'm assuming Ridley has some proof they hack?

Please can someone explain this to me. I still don't get it:
QuoteRidley: 1st that just because it's "her" server, means another one she is renting and giving to me

That doesn't really sound like all you've done is help with some technical things.

@Adhelle Just asking, do you even know these guys? LOL.

SaveTheLimboState

Quoteso what's this? making multiple account to troll? no excuse no coincidence. This is gone.

Are you kidding me? If you see Perchloric registered again, keep in mind that that is my brother, we registered on two different computers...

I'm not even trying to troll either.. I just provided background info about aqua / lumina since they are both linked to adhelle and share some of the same staff. I'm still wondering why humpy and I were banned, which is the purpose of this thread. Like i said in my deleted post, I don't know a thing about hacking or wiping servers, so why did I get banned? I want proof that I did something wrong before I get banned, knowing me or not liking me is not a valid answer.

adhelle

@DeuxeVonL She probably meant the physical server machine? I dont know. I'm not the owner of Aqua though, and they don't even have one member entitled as -the owner-.

And no, I don't recall these char names listed here. Humpy sounds familiar. But I don't know where that comes from. If I'd guess, I'd say its from some woe guild that joined lumina and didnt stay long, but still, it's just a guess.

@Rhaeselon  and  SaveTheLimboState Ridley is not online in IM. I can try to contact her tomorrow and ask her to talk to you. Like I said, I am not responsible for forum administration.

DeuxeVonL

All this could've been prevented (possibly), if an admin just took the time to provide an adequate reasoning for a banning.

@Adhelle Probably.

Well, when Ridley posts I guess that will answer all questions.

Rhaeselon

By sending anything to my inbox, automated or otherwise, you consent to my doing whatever I please with the contents of the message, as well as any contact information gained from the e-mail.

Joking aside, the contents of the image seemed relevant at the time, hence why I didn't bother trying to cover any of it. Because the address was linked to the forum administrator, I naturally assumed it was an "idgaf" address. In the future, you should probably avoid using your personal contact information for stuff like that if you want to avoid another situation like this.

Quote from: SaveTheLimboState on Jul 27, 2012, 09:47 PM

Are you kidding me? If you see Perchloric registered again, keep in mind that that is my brother, we registered on two different computers...

I'm not even trying to troll either.. I just provided background info about aqua / lumina since they are both linked to adhelle and share some of the same staff. I'm still wondering why humpy and I were banned, which is the purpose of this thread. Like i said in my deleted post, I don't know a thing about hacking or wiping servers, so why did I get banned? I want proof that I did something wrong before I get banned, knowing me or not liking me is not a valid answer.

I might be a little outdated on this particular forum software's features, but the last time I admin'd an SMF forum, it didn't have any way of picking up a mac address or anything like that, so the mods/admins automatically assuming Perchloric was a dupe account is understandable to some extent, especially since people often make multiple accounts on this forum for one reason or another.

QuoteAll this could've been prevented (possibly), if an admin just took the time to provide an adequate reasoning for a banning.

I can personally guarantee there would have been nothing to prevent in the first place, had Ridley (or whoever it was that banned us) asked our accusers for some sort of concrete proof (again, there isn't any, because we've never hacked a server or anything like that) that we did all these things we've been accused of.

QuoteHumpy sounds familiar. But I don't know where that comes from. If I'd guess, I'd say its from some woe guild that joined lumina and didnt stay long, but still, it's just a guess.

Nope. I wasn't with a guild during the short time I played your server and I didn't go by that name back then, either.

Also, this:

I want proof that I did something wrong before I get banned, knowing me or not liking me is not a valid answer.

We're really not asking for much, are we? Seems like a reasonable request to me, at least.

Perchloric

Damn. My identity has been reduced to a SaveTheLimboState alt? Oh how the mighty have fallen </3

Mjolnir

Quote from: Perchloric on Jul 28, 2012, 12:50 PM
Damn. My identity has been reduced to a SaveTheLimboState alt? Oh how the mighty have fallen </3
It's okay, you were always the same person in my mind <3
However, to go along with the thread theme.

I want proof that I did something wrong before I get banned, knowing me or not liking me is not a valid answer.
^-That

Rhaeselon

While I personally have no intention of returning to AquaRO, regardless of whether or not our bans are lifted, I would still like to know where Ridley is getting her information from and the evidence used to support the original accusation. Until I receive a proper explanation, supported by concrete evidence (no fabrications or embellishment, please), I can only assume that banning people based entirely on hearsay is standard procedure for the AquaRO staff.

Virgo Shaka

I asked Ridley to lift the bans because I disagree that people should be banned just because she is worried something will happen because an admin of another server said so. I understand she is just trying to protect the community but this is not supposed to be our usual procedure and I would like to apologize in the name of AquaRO staff. Punishments shall be done based only on what happens here unless we have a mac-ip check of some sort. Plus, banning on forums wouldn't keep anyone from doing anything if there is really some bad intention. Once again, I apologize in the name of the staff.
Cristal WAAAAAALL

http://aqua-ro.net