Ichansanity Web and Graphic Solution

Started by ichangfx, Jul 25, 2011, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziezie

Quote from: Chemical Crush on Sep 25, 2011, 09:19 AM
Wanna preach to one person?  Go preach to everyone else.  While I agree with you, you honestly have no right to single out one person when there are tons of people using art they shouldn't be.

I "preach" to them as I see them.  I don't go hunting for these people.

Either way, the artist has been notified and he's been reported.  P:

Usagimimi

Wanna preach to one person?  Go preach to everyone else.  While I agree with you, you honestly have no right to single out one person when there are tons of people using art they shouldn't be.

I wub you Chimie!

However, to use one person's work and give the result away for free is OK by me. To sell it and claim it as your own work / creation, I don't agree with. Anything you sell should be 100% by you and I would sue someone if they started making money off my back :x like by selling my quests or something without my knowing.

In this case, he's selling someone else's work, profitting off of their backs - plus, the servers receiving the art could also be involved in a lawsuit (if gone through), and may have to get that material removed. Why should a "customer" be subject to that, when they think they're buying custom-made things (and really, it's just a rip off from what someone else has involuntarily provided)?

Erebus

I understand everyone's right to want to keep their stuff theirs, but we are all playing a pirated game, that we stole. We really have no room to talk about anyone's property being their own...

ziezie

Quote from: Erebus on Sep 25, 2011, 03:11 PM
I understand everyone's right to want to keep their stuff theirs, but we are all playing a pirated game, that we stole. We really have no room to talk about anyone's property being their own...

It's actually emulated.

Usagimimi

Quote from: Erebus on Sep 25, 2011, 03:11 PM

The people's art work that comes from iRO players, who aren't doing anything semi-illegal or w/e you'd call game emulation / playing on pServers, should be immune to theft. Stealing from other thieves is bad, yush, but not as bad as stealing from people who really have no involvement whatsoever in the pServer world (giving them the benefit of the doubt there)

Shu-Chan

Hi, I know Zie, she notified to me about one of my fanarts being used for a banner, said banner was sold, even though most of it is my work, this is the original one: http://alasdeluna.deviantart.com/gallery/25850079#/d2zv2vb . I don't mind if people use my art for banners, avatars, etc, but it is unfair that people get money out of it, I know my drawings can be used for this stuff, but the fact that people get money out of it, it's just not fair.
or at least give me credit, put a link or something that let them know I did that work

My page: http://alasdeluna.deviantart.com/

So yeh, that fanart is mine o.o

Cawliflower

As jTynne pointed out, nobody is doing the "law" any justice. If you've ever heard the saying... you have the balls of a burglar to be saying - throwing rocks like that when you live in a glass house. Everyone is quick to jump on the law train when they feel it'll deem them credibility.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Shu-Chan

I need not repeat what I say, please read well.

All I want is the credit of most of the work, or link of the original work or my signature.

Nobody likes to sell their art without credit, that's theft and it is selling as if everything is done for him.

My art is exposed to all this and I have no control, but selling?  in that I do not agree.

THANKS

leokimah

I'm an artist and I'd be pretty pissed too if someone was taking my art and making money off it with mediocre photoshop skills.

You can easily prevent this by making a simple watermark for your work or by not uploading to sites like DA. Doesn't DA have a security option for your artwork when you upload it? I stopped using that site for my work years ago so i can't recall. :(

This kind of theft is actually rather common as someone else has pointed out already, and i can tell you right now this guy isn't the only one that's doing this here on RMS. YC should really rework the rules about these kind of paid services or rather it needs to be monitored a bit more.

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Shu-Chan on Sep 25, 2011, 05:39 PM
Hi, I know Zie, she notified to me about one of my fanarts being used for a banner, said banner was sold, even though most of it is my work, this is the original one: http://alasdeluna.deviantart.com/gallery/25850079#/d2zv2vb . I don't mind if people use my art for banners, avatars, etc, but it is unfair that people get money out of it, I know my drawings can be used for this stuff, but the fact that people get money out of it, it's just not fair.
or at least give me credit, put a link or something that let them know I did that work

My page: http://alasdeluna.deviantart.com/

So yeh, that fanart is mine o.o

I know how you feel, when I see people selling other peoples fan art work, or artwork in general, especially on websites and whatnot, I REPORT it to the person who did the drawing / work. 

I am not all gung - ho about people using other peoples fan art.  But if you're going to single out ONE PERSON start saying something to EVERYONE.  Not just ONE person, that's my issue.

I feel bad for people who don't water mark their stuff, they're just BEGGING for it to be used on pserver related things.  While I understand watermarks sometimes ruins the image, how it looks and all that jazz.  It still helps prevent it from -possibly- being stolen.

Point is, dont single out one person when there are TONS even on RMS doing the same thing.  And watermark your art.  Sorry yours got used, it really does suck and i'm glad someone pointed it out for you.

Yukino

I understand how you feel as well, though as Chemical Crush said, if you don't add a watermark, you can probably assume that your work may be used without you knowing about it. That's how internet is, and there are far too many people who do this (hence this problem cannot be kept under control).
So, drawers/designers, unfortunately, should know that if they do not watermark, there will be the possibility of art theft. And after that happens, not much can be done (maybe somewhat things can change, but you cannot expect it to go well for you all the time when you catch someone).

With all the prices given by designers here on RMS, we can all probably guess that the work people use will probably not be created from themselves completely (maybe give or take 1-2 designers here that I know of). There will be mixtures of works.

It's great that someone told you about the theft, and hopefully, this designer will add links to your work (since it is too late to take back the sold art)! Other artists can be wary of this issue as well. However, I think we should stop posting here about this issue since it is still ichangfx's thread. Suggestions can be made/discussed in other threads located in other sections XD.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

ichangfx

Hello there people,

It's been a long time since my last visit here on RMS, and I really don't know that there some copyright issues about my graphics made.

Honestly, Most of my stock images used on most of my graphics are only from the internet. and I know that most graphic designers here on RMS or on Eathena are the same with me. I honestly just got the GM image somewhere and it's not on your deviant art page. I also have an account on deviant and it's very simple for me to ask for a permission if I really get the image from you Shu-chan.

I have really no intention on stealing any graphic images that's not mine.

I also e-mailed you right away when my client told me about this. and you already knew that I'm apologizing there and taking your consideration.

LET'S JUST MAKE THIS A LESSON FOR ME, AND OTHER GRAPHIC DESIGNER THERE THAT YOU,US MUST ASK FOR PERMISSION WHEN USING OTHER ARTWORK FOR YOUR ARTWORK. ESPECIALLY IF YOUR USING IT FOR YOUR PAID GRAPHICS.

I'm very sorry Shu-chan for what i've done.

On-topic: As I'm back here I'm looking for graphic works now. I promised that from now on. I will carefully look for an image that has no copyright on it. :)

ichangfx

I'm looking for graphic works now,

Loading & Login Screens,GIF Banners, etc!

pelshee

Dude, where you at? Are you still doing my site? HellOooO..

Chemical Crush

Quote from: pelshee on Oct 21, 2011, 06:33 AM
Dude, where you at? Are you still doing my site? HellOooO..

Have you tried emailing him?  I would assume you have, but if you haven't...I suggest doing that...