Why is it no one ever talks about/uses super novice?

Started by omegacrash, Jul 19, 2009, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omegacrash

from what ive seen, they are completely customizable, VERY efficient magic 1-target magic users, easily have the ability obtain a very high DEX count, and just seem like they would be fun to play with.  granted ive never played one and messed around with a skill simulator, and i believe they have low hp/sp. other than that, is there anything wrong with them?

Hutchy

I just found them to be a big pain in the donkey to use, aside from being cute.

Omi

efficent magic? what?

super novice is the worst class ever, and more of a novelty if anything.

Xarale

I believe the reason why not many people play them is due to their low HP/SP modifiers, plus they can easily be 1 hit KO'd by the majority of classes. 

No one really makes them for PvE/MvP as trans classes are WAY more effective. 
No one wants them in WoE guilds, as they don't really bring anything to the guild, aside maybe being a distraction for the enemy. 
The only place really where the super novice is playable is in the PvP room.  If geared & played well, you might be able to kill a few unskilled players in PvP.  Any skilled player though will most likely kill you in a single hit.

Scribbles

Most servers don't give them enough job lvls, so you mostly have to choose a build and stick with it.

Omi

Quote from: Scribbles on Jul 19, 2009, 03:24 PM
Most servers don't give them enough job lvls, so you mostly have to choose a build and stick with it.

99 is perfect

i managed one when the limit was 70 on iRO.

kinzoku

The problem is they can't really max all their skills and then the whole "same hp as a novice" doesn't get them anywhere fast. The only thing they do get is some nifty extra equipment and easy instant cast.

Relics

No HP mod, high wizard / prof are obvious choices over magic, their agi/flee dodge build is overshadowed by sinx.

they're just baddd

CookieEater

Quote from: Xarale on Jul 19, 2009, 03:12 PM
I believe the reason why not many people play them is due to their low HP/SP modifiers, plus they can easily be 1 hit KO'd by the majority of classes. 

No one really makes them for PvE/MvP as trans classes are WAY more effective. 
No one wants them in WoE guilds, as they don't really bring anything to the guild, aside maybe being a distraction for the enemy. 
The only place really where the super novice is playable is in the PvP room.  If geared & played well, you might be able to kill a few unskilled players in PvP.  Any skilled player though will most likely kill you in a single hit.
This. Super Novices are at the bottom of the food chain. Even Gunslingers and Ninjas fare better.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Fruityla

Old game is old.

omegacrash

As i said, i never made a super novice, i had no idea they didnt get an hp/sp boost.  they do seem pretty fun/challenging. from what i am gathering i need to make one and see for myself what i will think of this class.

im no noob, but i am lacking in the experience department. casual player, i just assumed that since they are fairly difficult to make and have a wide selection of skills (granted they are 1st class skills) they would be something more to look at and have some sort of edge...this is actually pretty depressing

kinzoku

Unless you want to do what it says in the "Lethal Joke" thing and just rack up near instant cast, get poem of bragi, equip 2 imp cards, then fire bolt machine gun everything to death.

omegacrash

CookieEater

Quote from: omegacrash on Jul 19, 2009, 07:15 PM
As i said, i never made a super novice, i had no idea they didnt get an hp/sp boost.
Well... you have the +2k bonus for reaching level 99. It counts as base HP, so works with cards. But it's still the far lowest.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

omegacrash

Quote from: CookieEater on Jul 21, 2009, 02:08 PM
Quote from: omegacrash on Jul 19, 2009, 07:15 PM
As i said, i never made a super novice, i had no idea they didnt get an hp/sp boost.
Well... you have the +2k bonus for reaching level 99. It counts as base HP, so works with cards. But it's still the far lowest.

This increase sounds like pure bologna to me