Which Novice set is more benificial?

Started by Morris, Nov 25, 2008, 02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morris

I'm building a perma novice. Sounded like it'd be a blast.

However, I'm not completely sure, in terms of equipment, which set is more useful for a Perma Novice: the Novice "set" you can by from an NPC vendor, or the Angel Novice set.

What does everyone here think?

CookieEater

Angel set. One gives some nice resistances, but the Angel set gives nice HP/SP bonusses. And HP>Resistances for Novices and Super Novices. Get a Succubus/Incubus combo while you're at it, by the way.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

You

With straight PvM, angelic set is the way to go.

If you happen to have a strange, bizzare urge to go into PvP, though, you may want to consider the "Lighthalzen Set", as you should be able to Trick Dead out of most damage anyway.

lol i find both angelic set, and light set, kinda lame when separate

i tend to use

Angelic Protection
Novice Shield
Novice Manteau
Angel's Reincarnation

just because i tend to find them more successful

as for builds, you really have only about 2 choices, one of which is near impossible to pull off without massive fail XD

1) would be agi/str/dex build, based around status effect cards
2) would be the int/agi/dex build, based around using spell scrolls

either way its noooooooooooooooooot easy

Chimichanga

Wait, why agi for the casting build? I prefer angel set because it gives the novice a much-needed hp/sp boost.

cause novies have near zero hp, agi is their only method of tanking hits x3

cause well.... i mean as a level 80 ungeared novie i only have bout 300 hp
so even at level 99 with gears, its doubtful you'll get past 2k hp ^^;;
and with that little, you'll get pounded really really hard

Morris

There are plenty of other builds. Less common, but also do-able. x3 STR/AGI/LUK builds for a Novice can be surprisingly effective. A bit of a pain to level until you have a fair bit of LUK and some +Crit gear, but fun.

There are VIT builds, but they don't last very long. Besides, as a Novice, your attacks are pretty slow to begin with. No reason to hinder your speed even more by the lack of AGI. In terms of a caster, you'll probably just poor your points into DEX and INT anyhow, so there's almost no need to worry about your AGI or VIT. You'll be too worried about hitting as hard and quickly as you can to stay alive, as even AGI isn't going to amount to much, depending on where you are.

And if I wanted to play an easy novice, I'd be going Super. =] It seems like it'd be a blast to try, even if it will probably end up being a pain to level.

CookieEater

Super Novices get 2k HP when they reach level 99 :P

wait i thought we were talking about perma novies, not super novies? o.o

CookieEater

Quote from: JJJ on Nov 26, 2008, 04:55 PM
wait i thought we were talking about perma novies, not super novies? o.o
Yeah, but I wanted to rub in the fact that Super Novices have way better HP ^^

xD so mean
lil 99 novie with like 400hp T-T so pitiful

CookieEater

you know, no matter what i've done, no matter what my level is, i haven't ever been able to reach more then 1500 hp on a novice XD

CookieEater

Quote from: JJJ on Nov 26, 2008, 05:18 PM
you know, no matter what i've done, no matter what my level is, i haven't ever been able to reach more then 1500 hp on a novice XD
Angel set with Succubus card. 900 from the set bonus, 1000 from the card and I believe 100 from the shoes. That's 2k already :P

Edit: Green Ferus card for shoes (1 Vit, +10% HP) and Andre Egg for shield (+5% HP) would help a bit too. Arch Angeling for headgear (+300 HP) and Tao Gunka (+100% HP) for armor if you can get them :D

xD those things are in no way easy for a novice to get man!
sides, the +% hp cards don't really do much for someone when you only have like 300 hp XD