TK Ranker or SG? Which should I go with?

Started by Xeighter, Jan 01, 2009, 01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CookieEater

For PvP a favorite is Book of Death (I refuse to say Ledger) combined with Demon and a lot of Agi for constant damage with a chance at causing Coma. If you go for Warmth you will be an excellent defender for your castle: your Targets will likely be the typical offensive classes.

Never use the Soul Link for PvP. The damage you take is increased to 8% HP per attack if you attack a player, and attacking a player when you're under 20% instantly kills you.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Xeighter

BOD relies on coma no? What if they have GTB or resists? What kind of cards should I put in my book?
I'm not looking to make SG for WOE, just PVP.

Union sounds good if I have Tao Gunka, no?  or LK card? I dunno about LK because it'll server off all my abilities and uses).

If I were to use hatred, which class should I target? I can't exactly reset it in PvP on the whim without being ganked. So I would prefer to just target a class ahead of time. Never miss means I don't need dex and can put it elsewhere?

Anger works in PVP too, eh?

Demon blinds me o__o? Can ESL prevent blindness?

P.s do you know where I can find Beeze? can you link me to a guide that will take me to him?

CookieEater

What's the use of increasing your health with a skill that works with Max HP? Nothing, that is.

Coma cannot be prevented by a GTB card as far as I know, and the stat that provides resistance to it is Luk. Inversely your Luk reduces opponents' resist chance.

For Hatred you will WANT more Dex (and Luk) for the damage increasing effect (which is (BaseLV+LUK+DEX)/3)%), regardless of wether you have enough Hit (with 1 Dex and 1 Luk you'll get +33% on your Target, which, with a few points in Dex and Luk, can easily double if you're not stupid enough to think you are better off with those points elsewhere). For Targets pick whatever you have trouble killing DPS-wise.

Yes, Demon blinds. But Demon is undispellable which makes it a good skill at the same time. The blindness does not count the same as the Blind status, it cannot be cured or prevented.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Xeighter

Quote from: CookieEater on Jan 02, 2009, 05:02 PM
What's the use of increasing your health with a skill that works with Max HP? Nothing, that is.

Coma cannot be prevented by a GTB card as far as I know, and the stat that provides resistance to it is Luk. Inversely your Luk reduces opponents' resist chance.

For Hatred you will WANT more Dex (and Luk) for the damage increasing effect (which is (BaseLV+LUK+DEX)/3)%), regardless of wether you have enough Hit (with 1 Dex and 1 Luk you'll get +33% on your Target, which, with a few points in Dex and Luk, can easily double if you're not stupid enough to think you are better off with those points elsewhere). For Targets pick whatever you have trouble killing DPS-wise.

Yes, Demon blinds. But Demon is undispellable which makes it a good skill at the same time. The blindness does not count the same as the Blind status, it cannot be cured or prevented.

Hm... okay. No Union then, but I like the floating effect D: Though, the pros outweight the cons, no? SGs have s*** Vit and don't survive long, shouldn't we give it all we got before going down in flames: When linked, your movement speed is increased and all your attacks never miss and ignore DEF, but you loose 2% of your HP every time you attack a monster and 8% HP every time you attack a player, also if you attack a player when you only have 20% HP left, you will be killed instantly afterwards. Ignore def makes you hit even hard (255 Str), 0 dex needed (or as much as you want for hatred), a lot of agi and you will like a phantom? ;D

Or maybe I'm just shooting things to the extreme.

Right, so the book appears to be a lot more enticing now. However, the +15% MATK is pointless :x
Still: WHAT CARDS?

Also, what will my stats look like?

Does the hatred skills stack? Like if I put all of my hatred of sun/ stars and moon on one class?

Blind isn't good :x

Edit: still need a guide to find beelzebub

Posted on: Jan 02, 2009, 10:05 am
Everything just feels like they're against the other.

Demon gives more ASPD, meaning I don't much AGI in there to achieve 196
However, I need AGI to dodge most attacks because I have very low Vit

I need heavy Dex, but putting in Luk is pointless to gain more attack power. Dex will help me get 196 ASPD too however
The temp. comfort buff gives me even more ASPD, so I don't need to put in Agi

So, so far, I'm getting the feeling that I need 255 Str
a lot of dex and uh... the rest vit?

Cielte

Beelzbub is in abbey03 isn't he? Oo
Sorry I ain't helpful between TK Ranker or Star Gladiator, I just dunno either class well enough to have an input about them.

Xeighter

Quote from: Azurene on Jan 02, 2009, 06:14 PM
Beelzbub is in abbey03 isn't he? Oo
Sorry I ain't helpful between TK Ranker or Star Gladiator, I just dunno either class well enough to have an input about them.

Do you have the chain-quest to start the Cursed Abbey quest?
Thanks for your help anyways :3 It was really needed.

Cielte

If I remember correctly, it has two prequesites.

Rachel Sanctuary Quest
And
Veins Siblings Quest

QuoteQuest starts at Zhed, and takes you south of veins where you take the boat to the island.

I think that's what you were aiming for. Half asleep ftl.

Xeighter

Cielte

You're welcome, anything else you need?

Xeighter

Quote from: Azurene on Jan 02, 2009, 07:02 PM
You're welcome, anything else you need?

Nope, I can't think of much. A lot of the MVPs that say they don't have a location, turns out they do.
Like Kiel?

Geffen dungeon for Dracula? Where's that? How do I get there?
GUN? Gloom Under Knight? How do I get to precinct? We don't have a warpra for that spot.

Posted on: Jan 02, 2009, 11:07 am
Quote from: Xeighter on Jan 02, 2009, 06:13 PM
Quote from: CookieEater on Jan 02, 2009, 05:02 PM

Hm... okay. No Union then, but I like the floating effect D: Though, the pros outweight the cons, no? SGs have s*** Vit and don't survive long, shouldn't we give it all we got before going down in flames: When linked, your movement speed is increased and all your attacks never miss and ignore DEF, but you loose 2% of your HP every time you attack a monster and 8% HP every time you attack a player, also if you attack a player when you only have 20% HP left, you will be killed instantly afterwards. Ignore def makes you hit even hard (255 Str), 0 dex needed (or as much as you want for hatred), a lot of agi and you will like a phantom? ;D

Or maybe I'm just shooting things to the extreme.

Right, so the book appears to be a lot more enticing now. However, the +15% MATK is pointless :x
Still: WHAT CARDS?

Also, what will my stats look like?

Does the hatred skills stack? Like if I put all of my hatred of sun/ stars and moon on one class?

Blind isn't good :x

Edit: still need a guide to find beelzebub

Posted on: Jan 02, 2009, 10:05 am
Everything just feels like they're against the other.

Demon gives more ASPD, meaning I don't much AGI in there to achieve 196
However, I need AGI to dodge most attacks because I have very low Vit

I need heavy Dex, but putting in Luk is pointless to gain more attack power. Dex will help me get 196 ASPD too however
The temp. comfort buff gives me even more ASPD, so I don't need to put in Agi

So, so far, I'm getting the feeling that I need 255 Str
a lot of dex and uh... the rest vit?

For CookieEater or anyone with knowledge to answer this.

Posted on: Jan 02, 2009, 11:08 am
Up.
Posted on: Jan 03, 2009, 03:11 am
Up again.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

SG(TKM) is an obvious choice because with 125 skill points you can max everything and Ranker PvM build doesn't exist as far as I know.

What stats do you want? That depends on what you want to kill with.

SLS Heat: Max STR(damage), medium-high VIT(survival), medium INT(Heat has hefty 100SP cost). Flying Side Kick to the enemy then Heat him against a wall which will rip him apart. This obviously requires a solid deal of micro in PvP unless you're fighting people who have no idea what TKM is(Which might very well be the case).

SLS Wrath: You need STR(For damage), LUK(for bonus damage), DEX(For bonus damage and hitting) and AGI(For aspd).

SLS Union is used for emp breaking and works well at it, but you didn't mention WoE so...

I wouldn't bother with SLS Shadow. On HR you can get max aspd with pure stats and the blind effect is really damn annoying.

MemoZzz

Quote from: Xeighter on Jan 03, 2009, 06:30 PM
Nope, I can't think of much. A lot of the MVPs that say they don't have a location, turns out they do.
Like Kiel?

Geffen dungeon for Dracula? Where's that? How do I get there?

Make sure you look for the right one. If you search for Kiel under monsters, you will find 2: one that is not implemented and the other one that is at Kiel Dungeon 2.

Geffen Dungeon is in the building in the middle of Geffen. You need to get in and go through a bunch of portals until you reach a place with (if I remember correctly) reddish color. You will see a bunch of Hunter Flies and Poison Spores. Proceed to the 2nd floor and you will reach Geffen Dungeon 2, where Dracula...

Not sure about GUN.

Sarin

GuN: Spawns in Rachel Sanctuary F5. To get there, go to rachel sanctuary F1 (first map with monsters) portal in the middle of F1 is kinda random, throws you into either F2 or F4. From F4, you can continue to F5, where GuN spawns.

Rachel Sanc quest: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Rachel_Sanctuary_Quest

Xeighter

I did the quest, but uh... I don't know how to get there.

Posted on: Jan 04, 2009, 05:33 am
Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on Jan 04, 2009, 07:29 AM
SG(TKM) is an obvious choice because with 125 skill points you can max everything and Ranker PvM build doesn't exist as far as I know.

What stats do you want? That depends on what you want to kill with.

SLS Heat: Max STR(damage), medium-high VIT(survival), medium INT(Heat has hefty 100SP cost). Flying Side Kick to the enemy then Heat him against a wall which will rip him apart. This obviously requires a solid deal of micro in PvP unless you're fighting people who have no idea what TKM is(Which might very well be the case).

SLS Wrath: You need STR(For damage), LUK(for bonus damage), DEX(For bonus damage and hitting) and AGI(For aspd).

SLS Union is used for emp breaking and works well at it, but you didn't mention WoE so...

I wouldn't bother with SLS Shadow. On HR you can get max aspd with pure stats and the blind effect is really damn annoying.

I don't think I'll go with Heat.

I might go with wrath, but with the Demon, I can put less in Agi and do more output damage, no? And Dex gives a little boost in ASPD :3
But I won't have any dodge...
Posted on: Jan 04, 2009, 05:37 am
I still need ideas for equips and cards though :x
Posted on: Jan 04, 2009, 05:37 am
up
Posted on: Jan 04, 2009, 07:18 pm
Up.
Posted on: Jan 05, 2009, 06:11 am
Up.

Again, I'm looking for equips and cards.
What does Critical Wounds do?

Sarin

Critical wounds: Added in ep. 12, this status is so far available only via some equip. When a character is under this effect, any healing items or skills or whatever hitpoint healing used on him have their effectivity reduced by 20%. Level 2 of this skill, inflicted only by some highly overupgraded weapon, can decrease effectivity of any healing by 40%.

Based on descriptions of equipment from ep.12