Throwing Ninjas

Started by Icaruz, Jun 06, 2010, 10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icaruz

Has any1 experimented with this type of build?
full throwing mastery n the main attack skill being (probably) throw zeny as it has a rather big damage, although random
str & dex being the main priority
remaining skill points can be divided into either vit or int, based on leftover skillpoints

with weapons probably a slotted ice pick or combat knife (if that ever makes a difference)

my idea's still pretty foggy as u can imagine

and probably, how do u think it would stack up against the normal 'magic' ninjas? Well not against em cz thats suicide, but in terms of overall PvP performance?

P.S. highrate server, 2500/2500/650 >> its not out yet but i'm still contemplating the feasibility with this build
max lvls 255/120
several customs, no massive 9 celled wings and random Bleach/Naruto/(insert anime/manga here) customs/donations, most of which are nerfed to maintain balance (i did several of em myself with a friend as an abstract), either that or according to the normal RO scripts

Habuka

A tip from a player that has been playing Ninja for most of his RO life; Dont use only one specific build, go hybrid and use magic, physicle(Throwing and shadowslash), and also status. You will not be a good Ninja if you cant mix it up.
I Is Warned

Kei

The throwing skills don't really add up percentage-wise compared to spells, so they're pretty useless on a highrate/level server.
Effects such as Ice Pick and elements do work on Throwing Shurikens, but the damage isn't very good compared to the magical parts. If you really have to throw something, throw fuuma shurikens. or spells.

GorthexTiger

Quote from: Kei on Jun 06, 2010, 12:41 PM
The throwing skills don't really add up percentage-wise compared to spells, so they're pretty useless on a highrate/level server.
Effects such as Ice Pick and elements do work on Throwing Shurikens, but the damage isn't very good compared to the magical parts. If you really have to throw something, throw fuuma shurikens. or spells.

Going on with what Kei said, I've found (on HRs at least) that a hybrid build tends to work wonders. I always like to throw Shuriken, just because it's fast, easy and I can annoy people that way with stun locks of Shuriken Spam.

Switch between Magic and Shurikens. Get decent INT (enough to cause low-end high damage) so they think you're a magic Ninja. Enough DEX for Instant, and the rest STR and VIT. As soon as they start switching to anti-magic gear or hampering down your magic damage, switch to either an Ice Pick (if they are high vit) or a PVP weapon, throw a few more Shuriken, get close, and Final Strike and Yggberry or other healing item. It almost ALWAYS causes people to go WTF because they weren't expecting FS coming from a "magic" Ninja.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Habuka

Only try and use Throw Fuuma Shurikan if you have some Kiel cards or if there is no cast delay because there is a large delay on the skills after every use.
I Is Warned