SN questions

Started by billyboebob, Dec 08, 2008, 03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyboebob

okay well i just started up again like 5 days ago and i'm playing a low rate server so i can't really test much.

but i was wondering what slot super novice goes in for cards...like when it has bonuses for first jobs. since super novice has mostly all first job skills would it or could it count as all those slots? or do you need to have a skill from that job to count? if so would only one work for you to be counted for?

i haven't started my super novice yet so there is no rush in finding an answer.

Orange

Could you post what type of SN you are? Caster?

Most go for either + HP things, such as pupa, + flee things such as whisper and/or +dex/int things(for caster SN's) such as drops and isilla
:3

billyboebob

yeah i will be caster no doubt.
but i was wanting to know if the cards that give bonuses for like mages if they will give for SN since they have mage's skills.

Orange

No... Mage bonuses apply to mages etc...

billyboebob

do you have hardcore evidence to back it up.
i.e. do you have a super novice and have tried to gain a job bonus (mage,etc)

bleu

Quote from: Orange on Dec 08, 2008, 07:00 PM
No... Mage bonuses apply to mages etc...

This is correct. For example:

Aliot card
{ if(BaseClass==Job_Swordman||BaseClass==Job_Merchant||BaseClass==Job_Thief) { bonus bStr,2; bonus bMaxHPrate,5; } if(BaseClass==Job_Mage||BaseClass==Job_Archer||BaseClass==Job_Acolyte) { bonus bInt,2; bonus bMaxSPrate,5; } },{},{}

Quve card - part of the Super Novice/Novice card combo
{ if(BaseJob==Job_Novice||BaseJob==Job_SuperNovice) bonus3 bAutoSpellWhenHit,"AL_INCAGI",1,100; if(isequipped(4193)) { bonus bMaxHP,300; bonus bMaxSP,60; } },{},{}

Just observe the scripts. If Super Novices were meant to benefit from an Aliot card, it would specifically include "|BaseJob==Job_SuperNovice|" as shown in the script of Quve card.

Poki

Bleu basically just presented this hardcore evidence straight up.  :)

Orange

Quote from: billyboebob on Dec 08, 2008, 07:03 PM
do you have hardcore evidence to back it up.
i.e. do you have a super novice and have tried to gain a job bonus (mage,etc)
A supernovice is not a mage. That is sufficient evidence.

billyboebob

yeah thanks bleu and i know this is true it was more of finding just a hidden addition that gravity doesn't really tell anyone about. orange seems to be positive that it is not but yet seeing that a super novice and a mage don't have the same skills other than super novice having all the other first class skills they can be just about the same character. if you don't see it that way i'm sorry i don't think i could explain it in much of a different way for you to understand.

Littlechan

Quote from: billyboebob on Dec 09, 2008, 02:06 AM
yeah thanks bleu and i know this is true it was more of finding just a hidden addition that gravity doesn't really tell anyone about. orange seems to be positive that it is not but yet seeing that a super novice and a mage don't have the same skills other than super novice having all the other first class skills they can be just about the same character. if you don't see it that way i'm sorry i don't think i could explain it in much of a different way for you to understand.

no they can't :)

different max job level

different bonus status / job level

and different strategies to play! :P

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

xD poor super novices

as for the novie secrets as i call them, most haven't been coded by eA so a lot of them are missing / not working properly X.x