MVPing with Star Glad

Started by Xeighter, Jan 30, 2009, 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeighter

I originally wanted it for PvPing, being criticized as a s*** class to MVP, I was dishing 14 to 20k on classes I had hate on, so I was fairly pleased about it.
Then it started getting a bit when everyone was beginning to kill me before I could fully kill them etc. etc.

Later on, they implemented @hatredreset which pushed to be even more keen on improving my Star Glad.

Their Feel abilities seemed hella-good to quickly defeat MVPs in a timely-manner.

I was originally a Taekwon-Kid Ranker, but I knew they wouldn't last long in PVP and they didn't do so well via MVPs.
I could get maybe a class change, but do you have a suggestion? I have: Ministrel, Paladin, Super Novice, Ninja, Whitesmith, Lord Knight (255), Professor, Stalker.

I tried to snag different classes that were different in terms of gameplay, that's why I dislike going Sin X, Creator, H.W and the rest just don't interest me.

bleu

Quote from: Sarin on Jan 31, 2009, 06:44 PM
hm...on the side note, why SG? There are better classes for MvPing I think. Especially on 255 level server

hmm, I wonder will like Champion and Biochemist be better at MVPing at high rate. Instant cast, /slur.... lots of Stats to play around with for extra damage. But just learn to play your class.... thats more important I guess. SG is not too bad.. its just not a "Trans" so it doesn't have the HP/SP bonus and unable to equip some trans exclusive equipments - Valk Armor/Valk Manteau/ etc...

Xeighter

Quote from: bleu on Jan 31, 2009, 06:41 PM

This is a screenshot of someone from official iRO. It's not a Valkyrie Randgris, but an angel boss monster - Skeggoid.

Notice that his gears are "Overup". Thats good. /ok

His built is also very special. STR increases your damage. DEX and LUK also increases damage. Just need to balance them. DEX is to HIT, not for instant cast. I believe if you Soul Link yourself, then cast UNION, your WARMTH will NEVER MISS (therefore, you don't need that much DEX), you can even do "Marrionete Control on your SG and give yourself free DEX stats if u duel client), and spreading the other stats between LUK and VIT/AGI. (if u can get very high FLEE against a MVP, thats good... if you cannot get high FLEE, then u need high VIT to tank it). Btw, learn your SKILLS... u have a max level SG, you should know how to play it effectively. I believe Union does have a badside to it, if your HP drop below 20%, u die. (I think VIT may be better- coz u might need to pot like crazy...) ANd on the good side, u get a FREE "Incantation of Sammurai effect" - piercing DEF. BOYAH! - just noticed that he even have Ka buffs - Kaizel, Kaahi on him.

Oh... Learn /Battlemode. It's very helpful. /no1 and learn to POT.

Get good quality stuffs- ranked white slims. A few other Yggberry just for emergency. And for SP as well. (VIT will help your pot efficiency).

Quote from: Sir Schmoopy on Jan 31, 2009, 03:00 PM
If you want to avoid being nailed by EQ, have some characters behind you on the MvPs LoS.   That way the damage gets 1/2'd, 1/4'd, 1/6'd etc

Very good suggestion. You can even summon Mercenaries to "spread the EQ damage" /heh

Yeah, I figured. But I don't really enjoy dual-clienting or doing it (I get a clumsy and confused quickly when trying to play two characters).

I know my skills plenty, I was just hoping to kill it sufficiently fast like I do with the other MVPs (Usually die within the next 3 minutes).

I will consider a job-change if you guys can think of a better class suited for MVPs

Sarin

I think your LK would do just fine. Some agi to get max aspd in frenzy, hyped str, either thana/inc samurai card or crit build, and I think it will make a good MvPer.

Omi

bleu : regarding that screenshot, you can't mvp like that anymore since heat hits incredibly slow on MvPs unless the server hasn't changed it :(

Xeighter

Got an exact build?

196 ASPD. (Do I add any agi? OR let angra work it's magic with it's auto-196)
How much dex for MVPs (hit).
255 str and then the rest vit?

I was thinking of a Champ, since I don't have one.

Loki

I don't know if what I'm going to say will help the topic starter but I think using a Champ for MvP is much more suitable. All you need to do is just gear up your SG. A champ can 1 kill Doppel in a 99/70 server. This proves how much damage Champions could dish out.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Xeighter

MemoZzz

Quote from: Xeighter on Feb 01, 2009, 09:26 PM
So...

Which class?

Snipers are quite independent in 99/70. I can't imagine in a high rate.

Xeighter

I have a minstrel if that works ;x

Hm... difficult to make a decision on a class~

Loki

I suggest Champion. Its easier to control.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

MemoZzz

Quote from: Xeighter on Feb 02, 2009, 07:28 AM
I have a minstrel if that works ;x

Hm... difficult to make a decision on a class~

It's kind of obvious, but Minstrel and Sniper have very different playing styles... Try Sniper out. It's really fun to be able to kill everything before they get even close to you. The only bad thing about this class is that its low weight carrying capabilities, but that can be fixed with a Poporing (sorta).