Job Discussion

Started by baseballGuy, Feb 03, 2009, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baseballGuy

I was wondering if making a star gladiator with a stat of purely luck and vit can be a good build.. my servers max level is 99 max stats 99 and also i have ledger of death thats why i was thinking of just normally landing a hit on my enemy would be enough to kill them.. i was about to choose dex so may leap cast would be fast enough to jump on castles and to use axe kicks on sinX... but then i changed my mind to luck because of the rumor going around that every 1point of luck is equivalent to 1% of frost status resistance.

bleu

I think its a really bad idea.

1. LUK does not reduce chance of "Frost". By frost, I believe u meant "Frozen". Best to get a Marc card, Unfrozen armor or second alternative is Undead Armor to gain 100% immunity.

2. OK.. u have the Death Ledger, shouldn't u wanna try to proc HellJudgement and Coma as often as it can? That means higher ASPD

3. Be careful when getting 99VIT - Ice Pick and Thanatos card effect will hurt alot.

4. But I have heard of Crit SG but rare.

baseballGuy

Yes but i forgot to mention im making this char for WoE ,PVP ,PKmaps

So i was thinking of giving it a stat of 99 vit for stun immunity

Although ASPD would be a better fit for Ledger of Death it would make my character pretty much vulnerable for WoE and PKmaps since

the Flee rate in WoE and Pkmaps are tremendously reduced. and from what i tested out from dodler is i will be able to get an ASPD of 180 with berserk pots alone

The reason i wanted to give luk a chance is simply because of the frozen status immunity rumors going around(Although you stated that it does not reduce the chance of frost i guess it be better if i go to dex.) if by chance the rumors were true i would be saving the slot for my armor for an angeling card which i got from an event.

Also i believe there is no MvP cards as of yet in this server. because the MvP card Drop Rate disabled and can only be purchased via donation. although there is a lot of ice pick on the marketplace right now.

bleu

Quote from: baseballGuy on Feb 03, 2009, 08:24 PM
So i was thinking of giving it a stat of 99 vit for stun immunity

On an eAthena server, to gain immunity to stun, u need total VIT of only 97.

fluidin

LUK raises the chance of inflictng Coma and decreases the chance of being inflicted by Coma, albeit slightly.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

CookieEater

Quote from: bleu on Feb 03, 2009, 08:09 PM
2. OK.. u have the Death Ledger, shouldn't u wanna try to proc HellJudgement and Coma as often as it can? That means higher ASPD
HellJudgement is Sage/Prof only.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Sarin

well, ASPD, vit and some dex, that should be it. Equip focused on aspd/status protection and reductions, and you should do fine.

baseballGuy

Quote from: fluidin on Feb 03, 2009, 11:34 PM
LUK raises the chance of inflictng Coma and decreases the chance of being inflicted by Coma, albeit slightly.

Can you give me the formula on how luck increases the chance of inflicting Coma?

Although if the chance given by luck is low then ill be better of adding stats to dex... Well i guess it makes sense..

Since my star gladiator will be jumping on walls during siege on WOE1.

Aragorn

1. LUK does not reduce chance of "Frost". By frost, I believe u meant "Frozen". Best to get a Marc card, Unfrozen armor or second alternative is Undead Armor to gain 100% immunity.
actouallly it does reduce chance of frost... i can give you the link if you want to... faggot.. (>.>)

Must we really do this again? Your attempts to start with the flaming will get you nowhere.

hey what are all these stupid f*** scribbles on your test?
OH BAKA SENSEI THAT'S NIHONGO

RULE 1:
Every post that disagrees to the previous to Aragorn is a flame or insult.

bleu

Quote from: Aragorn on Feb 04, 2009, 05:33 AM
actouallly it does reduce chance of frost... i can give you the link if you want to... faggot.. (>.>)

My answer was based on eAthena scripts. As you can see, only MDEF reduces the chance of Frozen status. I presume its in reference to Hard MDEF.

sd = BL_CAST(BL_PC,bl);
   status = status_get_status_data(bl);
   switch (type)
   {
   case SC_STUN:
   case SC_POISON:
   case SC_DPOISON:
   case SC_SILENCE:
   case SC_BLEEDING:
      sc_def = 3 +status->vit;
      break;
   case SC_SLEEP:
      sc_def = 3 +status->int_;
      break;
   case SC_DECREASEAGI:
      if (sd) tick>>=1; //Half duration for players.
   case SC_STONE:
   case SC_FREEZE:
      sc_def = 3 +status->mdef;
      break;

case SC_CURSE:
      //Special property: inmunity when luk is greater than level
      if (status->luk > status_get_lv(bl))
         return 0;
      else
         sc_def = 3 +status->luk;
      tick_def = status->vit;
      break;

http://svn.eathena.ws/svn/ea/trunk/src/map/status.c

I eagerly awaits for your link. /ok

Aragorn

LUK:
10 LUK:
- gives you 1 perfect dodge (1% of fully dodging attacks)
5 LUK:
- reduces enemy's chance of landing critical attack by 1%

reduces chance in being affected by stone, frozen, stun, sleep, poison, blind, silence, curse and coma status
reduces stone, frozen, stun, sleep, poison, blind, silence and curse time

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/561051/29579

(((((((((>.>)))))))

RULE 1:

gamefaq is ancient, go by what bleu posted, its way more upto date, and its what most servers run off of anyway

Aragorn

No this is the official...... and what a took from the newest patch demise of morroc...

and also MDEF does not redcue chance of frost..... ((((((((>.>))))))))

STR:
1 (base) STR:
- adds 30 weight limit

reduces bleeding time

AGI:
1 AGI:
- adds you 1 flee

reduces time in trap

VIT:
1 VIT:
- increases your max hp with 1%
- gives you 1 damage reduction
- gives you 2% more effectiveness from healing items
5 VIT:
- gives you 1 hp natural recovery bonus

reduces chance in being affected by stun, poison, blind, silence and bleeding status
reduces stun, poison, blind and silence time

INT:
1 INT:
- increases Max SP by 1%
- gives 1 magic damage reduction
- increases effectiveness of items that heal SP by 1%.
6 INT:
- 1 more SP regenerated during natural regeneration state
every 100 sp:
- 1 more SP regenerated during natural regeneration state

larger heal ammounts

reduces chance in being affected by sleep status
reduces sleep time

DEX:
1 DEX:
- adds 1 hit rate
- reduces cast time by 2/3%
15 DEX:
- 10% faster cast

reduces chance in being affected by divest

LUK:
10 LUK:
- gives you 1 perfect dodge (1% of fully dodging attacks)
5 LUK:
- reduces enemy's chance of landing critical attack by 1%

reduces chance in being affected by stone, frozen, stun, sleep, poison, blind, silence, curse and coma status
reduces stone, frozen, stun, sleep, poison, blind, silence and curse time

i can give another link if you want to.. (>.>)

RULE 1:

and how did you get that information?

can you provide a link thats not from gamesfaq(which is totally crap and i never  find it helps)

baseballGuy

Ok...

I need a decent skill build for my star gladiator right now for PvP,WoE,PKmaps(even though we have skill reset)

I was thinking of only choosing one out of the 3(Solar,Lunar,Stellar) paths.

So what do you think should i choose?(max job lvl50).