Job Discussion

Started by baseballGuy, Feb 03, 2009, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki

Dear Aragorn,

The link from Gamefaqs was made in 2004. Check the headbar on top. Please be more up to date.
And bleu's information was directly from eAthena. I assume you know what eAthena is?

But I do believe that LUK also decrease the chance of freezing by a low rate.

Quote from: Kurogasa on Sep 04, 2007, 12:55 PM
QuoteFrozen
Appearance: Frozen solid in a chunk of ice
Success Rate: BaseChance*(97 - MDEF - LUK/3)/100 %
Duration: BaseDuration*(1-MDEF/100) or until hit and damaged
Recovery Items: None
Recovery Skill: Status Recovery
Resistance Items: Megalodon Card (20%)
Immunity Items: Marc Card
Effect: While Frozen, the target is unable to do anything, attacks automatically hit them, they become Water1 element, they receive -50% DEF and +25% MDEF. Lex Aeterna and Steal cannot be used on the target.

Taken from Rodatazone.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

bleu

Quote from: Loki on Feb 05, 2009, 03:36 AM
QuoteFrozen
Appearance: Frozen solid in a chunk of ice
Success Rate: BaseChance*(97 - MDEF - LUK/3)/100 %
Duration: BaseDuration*(1-MDEF/100) or until hit and damaged
Recovery Items: None
Recovery Skill: Status Recovery
Resistance Items: Megalodon Card (20%)
Immunity Items: Marc Card
Effect: While Frozen, the target is unable to do anything, attacks automatically hit them, they become Water1 element, they receive -50% DEF and +25% MDEF. Lex Aeterna and Steal cannot be used on the target.

This is incorrect. If LUK plays a role in reduction the chance of being Frozen on eAThena, at 291LUK, Success Rate according to the formuale above is 0%. (i.e: there is no chance you will be frozen, or you are immune to being frozen)

To prove it, lets key in LUK> or = 291, in the RMS Stat Calculator.

Notice that Status Change Resistance remained and did not changed even with LUK> or = 291. Thus, LUK does not protect against Frozen on eAthena by default.

Sarin

You can either argue about it for several pages now, or just go on RMS test server, it has level/stat cap of 255 I think...you can take SinX, give him two Balmungs etc...to get luck over 300, and put him under SG...if he does not freeze in three hits he won't freeze at all. Matter of few minutes.

Loki

I tried with the RMS calculator to see if LUK reduce the chance to freeze, apparently it doesn't. Either 1 or 999 the Freeze chance is always the same.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Ascalon

IMHO, both "factions" are saying right things.

Assuming bleu and RMS calculator are wondering on the latest release of eathena, it seems on "deafult" settings Luck dont decrease chance of getting frozen.
But, as Aragorn and Kurogasa shown, Luck its mentioned in the formula. Old. But workable.

From my personal expierence, Luck help against status change. Obliouvsly, experience on HRS, b/j lvl255/xxx, stat cap 255~300, if you get 300 Luck you can easily wear any kind of armor, you will never freeze.

As you can notice, put 300 stat points into luck it will decrease a lot all others stats points, you need to combine MDEF and luck for gain immunity. So, on a normal server (99/70) it will be worthless to put 99 luck for a "mere" 30%~, what kind of build you will use then? :P

Maybe is for that reason who play mostly on low server dont even think Luck can help with status, becouse the % its small so its hard to notice.

espada088

can we change our feeling map after we using skill feeling??

Descent

Quote from: espada088 on Feb 13, 2009, 04:29 PM

Not without either a GM resetting it for you, or a scripted NPC to do a "Feel Reset".

Either way, can't be done on your own.

Ascalon

Quote from: Descent on Feb 13, 2009, 09:00 PM
Quote from: espada088 on Feb 13, 2009, 04:29 PM

Not without either a GM resetting it for you, or a scripted NPC to do a "Feel Reset".

Either way, can't be done on your own.

There wasnt a chanche (0.01%) to reset feelings when you are sit near another tk class, with happy break status active and both spamming /doridori?

Patapon

Quote from: Ascalon on Feb 14, 2009, 06:30 AM
There wasnt a chanche (0.01%) to reset feelings when you are sit near another tk class, with happy break status active and both spamming /doridori?

If you want to do that for hours on end, go for it.

this image copyright 2009 Patapon

Ascalon

Quote from: Patapon on Feb 14, 2009, 11:15 AM
Quote from: Ascalon on Feb 14, 2009, 06:30 AM

If you want to do that for hours on end, go for it.

Of course, but at least thats the normal way you can reset feelings.
Oh, forgot teh way for reset feelings: just make another sg ;D

espada088

gosh~
urm 1 more question~
how to do a properly running n flying side kick~

Cielte

Quote from: espada088 on Feb 15, 2009, 04:17 PM
gosh~
urm 1 more question~
how to do a properly running n flying side kick~

Testing until you get it works fine. :3

espada088

i already test it but sigh~
i don't know the tactic~
should i run 1st then flying or should i run stop n flying..
i dunno then~~~ :-[ :-[

Ascalon

Quote from: espada088 on Feb 15, 2009, 07:56 PM
i already test it but sigh~
i don't know the tactic~
should i run 1st then flying or should i run stop n flying..
i dunno then~~~ :-[ :-[
First run and then use FSK. The bad thing is run its faster, maybe aim can be a bit harder :|

espada088

ohh i get it~
kk~
ok poring!time to be my punching bag!!
XDD