GS help please??

Started by BabyJosh, Dec 04, 2008, 02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyJosh

Hi, I would like you to look at and comment this build

I'm aiming to get 190 ASPD with as little AGI as possible, hoping to invest more in DEX and VIT

Please note any feasability issues too, and thing I sh/could change or watch out for.

KISSY-KISS!!

Kurain

Fix your dex. 99 dex is not very good to do. Since you have a bonus of 9 dex, you should make your dex something like 91 (dex increases greater in multiples of 10 so 91+9=100) unless you are planning to use food.

Also, for what are you making this character for? PvP, WoE, or something else entirely?

BabyJosh

for the sheer fact I just love the idea of it

5 attacks per second!

-What's the minimum ASPD to hitlock?
-If it's low, will I be able to change the doppleganager for a %Effect card?? Like metalling?
-About the dex, you are right
-Anything I need to watch out for PVP-wise?? Is my VIT to high for creators?
-Any changes to the armor?
-Any way to maximize my damage while maintaining high ASPD?

Sarin

Hm...GS has problem with pityful hp mods. No matter how high vit you got, you are just squishy.
Is it really minimum agi nescessary for 190 aspd? As far as I know gatlingsgain aspd more from skills than stats.
Another option is to use handguns, namely Western Outlaw [2]. It has additional aspd bonus based on agi. I have seen 190 aspd gs with it on 99/70 lowrate server without customs.
When it comes to armor, it is good to have either Evil Druid or Marc handy because of freeze/stone curse. Also I'd advise trading the vitata to smokie card...GS is either alive or dead, nothing between. You will probably have to use alot of evasive tactics to survive a fight.

Kurain

Quote from: BabyJosh on Dec 05, 2008, 08:25 PM
for the sheer fact I just love the idea of it

5 attacks per second!

-What's the minimum ASPD to hitlock?
-If it's low, will I be able to change the doppleganager for a %Effect card?? Like metalling?
-About the dex, you are right
-Anything I need to watch out for PVP-wise?? Is my VIT to high for creators?
-Any changes to the armor?
-Any way to maximize my damage while maintaining high ASPD?

- Well, 190 ASPD will never completely stop anyone. Only thing capable of that is critical hits.
- Without doppelganger, you get about 185 ASPD I think. At that ASPD, status cards such as magolia will wreak havic on people
- The purpose of vit on a GS is basically to prevent status effects. A gatling GS will have a hard time killing a creator, vit or no vit.
- You can't really get high damage with a gatling gun. The guns for high damage are shotguns. There is one trick, however, that does heavy damage for about a second or two. Triple action + 185 ASPD will cause instant hitlock but you can't spam it for long due to it being reliant on coins.

Quote from: Sarin on Dec 05, 2008, 08:36 PM
Hm...GS has problem with pityful hp mods. No matter how high vit you got, you are just squishy.
Is it really minimum agi nescessary for 190 aspd? As far as I know gatlingsgain aspd more from skills than stats.
Another option is to use handguns, namely Western Outlaw [2]. It has additional aspd bonus based on agi. I have seen 190 aspd gs with it on 99/70 lowrate server without customs.
When it comes to armor, it is good to have either Evil Druid or Marc handy because of freeze/stone curse. Also I'd advise trading the vitata to smokie card...GS is either alive or dead, nothing between. You will probably have to use alot of evasive tactics to survive a fight.

At least GS don't have the worst hp mods :P

Gatling skills with no agi will give you pretty low ASPD like just above 180 I would say.

I would say the only problem with the skill last stand is that it won't let you move but it's required for over 185 ASPD :-\