Gunslinger

Started by numair, Aug 22, 2009, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

numair

A friend of mine wants to go gunslinger, any ideas what i should help him farm? I'm a level 80/50 Agi Knight on a 15/15/10 server

lrellok

Hmm.  Are you trying to equip him or level him?

For equips, i would say metalings (for crimson bolt), desert wolves (mink coat is about the best armor a gunslinger can start with) and steamrider goblin (for garrison).

For leveling, anything plant and immovable is easy pray for gunslingers.  Madragoras to start, then Floras (watch out for the Agriope) and then geographers one map north of Einbrock.

After that, try churchyard with holy bullets, or anywhere else with alot of shadow and undead property. 
The most dangerous thing a GM can do is to play NPC combatants as if they have brains, goals, and the desire to remain alive.
-Abulafia from WOTC boards

I have not failed, I have simply found 10,000 ways that don't work. -Thomas Edison

Syntax

try persuading him to pick another class.

otherwise the recommended equips on a gunslinger(pvp) are;

agi accesssories & headgear
magnolia and metaling western outlaw
matyr black leather boot
raydric undershirt
pantie ed

i doubt you'll get these items anytime soon though but its worth it.

NeakKrama

Go full Handgun. Don't try experimenting w/ shotguns, rifles, etc. Unless you really know what you're doin. Full Handgun is the easiest way to go and its pretty darn lethal when leveled.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: Syntax on Aug 22, 2009, 06:09 PM
try persuading him to pick another class.

This.

Make sure he understands base game mechanics and builds and not making something stupid like Dual Action AGI build

crysiscore3

Gunsligers are seriously an expensive class to start out with on a low rate.
Using silver bullets, a good place to hit up is Payon Dungeon.
Those skeletons drop a lot of useful stuff for a low rate server. Skull Ring's are the best of course, but the mace is worth something and you can never get too much Phracon and Red Herb :)

I'm assuming you're wanting to play *with* him and not leech him. For leeching with an 80 knight, Payon Dungeon is still pretty decent, if you're leeching with more than one person(especially a preist) Orc Dungeon is about tops for a low rate.
Thinking of making your own RO PServer?
Read this first.

numair

Quote from: crysiscore3 on Aug 30, 2009, 07:15 PM
Gunsligers are seriously an expensive class to start out with on a low rate.
Using silver bullets, a good place to hit up is Payon Dungeon.
Those skeletons drop a lot of useful stuff for a low rate server. Skull Ring's are the best of course, but the mace is worth something and you can never get too much Phracon and Red Herb :)

I'm assuming you're wanting to play *with* him and not leech him. For leeching with an 80 knight, Payon Dungeon is still pretty decent, if you're leeching with more than one person(especially a preist) Orc Dungeon is about tops for a low rate.

actally i found out an exelent leeching spot being toy factory 1&2, provoke works on those things, it doesnt on on undead mobs so Payon and Orc would get him killed quickly unless he had a few levels under his belt
Posted on: Sep 09, 2009, 07:30 am
thanks everyone who tried to help, one of my friends found a few guides, and the Gatling gun gets you the fastest attack speed on the server

Metafalica

I hate to be malinformative.. but.. Gunslingers are by a long shot the most handicap class in the history of RO, more so even than the Super Novice, and not including Perma Novi.. so I advise your friend to chose another class unless the server you play on has ... customized fixes for the Gunslingers faults. What rates do you play on, so I can accurately base my response?

DeadOwnz

Gunslinger ey? Go Ninja more fun.
Pre-RO

numair

Quote from: Metafalica on Sep 10, 2009, 03:45 PM
I hate to be malinformative.. but.. Gunslingers are by a long shot the most handicap class in the history of RO, more so even than the Super Novice, and not including Perma Novi.. so I advise your friend to chose another class unless the server you play on has ... customized fixes for the Gunslingers faults. What rates do you play on, so I can accurately base my response?
we were playing a 15/15/10 server but that died sadly T-T were on a 10/10/10 now