woe and NSA folder inquiry

Started by vhan45, May 03, 2022, 11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vhan45

i browsed a couple of posts regarding creating/editing grfs so atm i think i'm at the intermediate level. only problem is that i can't seem to find these folders in any grf file from the RO folder. now for the watermark, i know i need to use browedit now, downloaded and tinkered but am i only able to use the maps from the RO folder? do i need to edit one by one the woe castles to edit the watermark? i have seen/used the desu.grf as well as the bluegenki.grf and both of them have these folders and is applied to every woe castle. can someone point the way on how i can do it using browedit? tia

exii3

There was a reason I implemented this watermark.

Ara

I'd check out these videos on Youtube:

Getting Browedit working:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAXMc2ebEQ0

Adding custom textures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTzm4lRkhMs

As you can see from the 2nd video (if I remember correctly), you have to put the path to the custom textures folder into one of the xml(?) files and then it'll show up.

vhan45

Quote from: exii3 on May 04, 2022, 01:57 AM
There was a reason I implemented this watermark.
from a creator's point of view, i think i know what you mean. too bad i wasn't able to try your grf when it was still available. nonetheless, i am using aforementioned grfs to see what is possible to edit from the original data.grf and what other options i can add/delete. credit goes to them as it also serves as tutorial for me. i am a Filipino btw, but am not offended or anything with regards to your reason for putting down your grf. i know it is far too late, but since you are here, then i apologize in behalf of whatever those numbskulls have said/done.

Quote from: Ara on May 04, 2022, 01:57 AM
I'd check out these videos on Youtube:

Getting Browedit working:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAXMc2ebEQ0

Adding custom textures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTzm4lRkhMs

As you can see from the 2nd video (if I remember correctly), you have to put the path to the custom textures folder into one of the xml(?) files and then it'll show up.

got it running, and watched the videos before posting this actually, thanks and i think i'm on the right path. but i think in this process, i need each and every map that i want to put the custom texture to, right?

anyways, if this is the only possible course, then so be it haha! i'll just pick which maps to edit then. appreciate the input (browedit is far overwhelming than grf editor XD but it is fun to explore)

exii3

Quote from: vhan45 on May 04, 2022, 02:57 AM
credit goes to them as it also serves as tutorial for me.
The credits still go to me, not to them. Copypasting my files, mix it up with a bunch of others and renaming it was exactly one of two things that made me creating this.

vhan45

Quote from: exii3 on May 04, 2022, 03:21 AM
The credits still go to me, not to them. Copypasting my files, mix it up with a bunch of others and renaming it was exactly one of two things that made me creating this.

again, apologies for the ignorance. like i said, i wasn't around when your's was the thing, and i really don't know the beef between those that came after you. and like your way of thinking, i don't really plan on sharing my work without having a certain signature that they can never replace. i tried encrypting my grfs and to no avail, the server won't read encrypted files except their own and gepard blocks edited dll files so that's it, i have basically an open custom tga/act/spr/bmp and map textures which i am highly skeptical to share.

to give credit to where it is due, i appreciate your influence on the custom grf scene for that is the only thing i am able to experience now. also, i appreciate you replying despite the long downtime (correct me if i'm wrong) that is if it is really you who made the exiigrf. regardless, this goes out to that grf and it's creator.

for any moderators, kindly close this thread since i will be trying a different approach now. thanks guys for the input.

Ara

Just curious, what watermark are you talking about?

vhan45

Quote from: Ara on May 04, 2022, 01:13 PM
Just curious, what watermark are you talking about?

this one from bluegenki