Repairing Guardian Stone Effect

Started by bigXIII, Apr 27, 2020, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigXIII

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, sorry if there's already someone discussing it or asking it before.
I've found a grf (not a perfect grf) that has modified effect for aura/smoke during repairing guardian stone on SE castles.

While I'm using a GRF builder, I can't pinpoint which exact file is it that related to the mentioned effect.
Can anyone tell me which file that should be modified ?

Thanks in advance

bigXIII

Up, anyone can help with it ?
Thanks

Obito09

Up, Having the same problem. I need to know which file triggers the guardian smoke effect. because i lost it`s color.
only the green one was left. the red and blue color lost its color.

Zereges

IIRC it is texture/effect/magic_green.tga, magic_blue.tga and ring_yellow.tga.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

bigXIII

Quote from: Zereges on May 01, 2020, 04:01 PM
IIRC it is texture/effect/magic_green.tga, magic_blue.tga and ring_yellow.tga.

Hi Zereges, thanks for replying.
Yes, I think those are some files that being loaded during repairing the guardian stone on SE castles WOE. But, is there any other files that might be related, let say the .str files maybe ? Because, I do had colors on those files, but it's still not showing any effects at all.

Obito09

Quote from: bigXIII on May 01, 2020, 04:14 PM
Hi Zereges, thanks for replying.
Yes, I think those are some files that being loaded during repairing the guardian stone on SE castles WOE. But, is there any other files that might be related, let say the .str files maybe ? Because, I do had colors on those files, but it's still not showing any effects at all.

Same problem. I do also had colors on those files. Please help!

Obito09

Up, problem still not fixed. please help. I got the magic colors yet only the green one came out - yellow
the blue and red lost its color.

Obito09

Zereges

I gave you some options. If those don't work, try others: ring_color.tga, magic_color.tga. If none does work, then try other files.

You can remove half of the files in the GRF and try if it helps. If yes, put quarter of files back and repeat. If no, remove quarter and repeat. This will narrow the search to one file. If you can't test it (you can't repair guardian nstone out of WoE), then figure out what skills share the same effect (I would suppose Assassin's Riff is one, Slow Grace might be other one).
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange