WoEing whitesmith on a lowrate

Started by howardalteisen, Jan 31, 2008, 01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howardalteisen

Hey all!

I see not everyone knows about the awesome advantages of whitesmiths in woe. Great supporting damage, an attack that has 50% chance to stun, and that same attack goes through most defences(parry, shield block, energy coat). Repairs, breaking gears, the works.

I play on a 13x/13x/5x server, and I usually spend about 500k-1mil+ in cart termination and max overthrust. I try using slim whites as much as I can(300ish a woe), and I usually bring about 500 grape juice to counteract all the sp my character guzzles through. I think my gear is pretty decent, +5 vvs fire swordmace, +7 unfrozen chainmail, rings of muscle, +5 feather beret, angel wing ears, +7 immune mantaeu, but only a +4 cranial buckler ><;

I find that killing off weaker players, such as high wizards and proffesors, is easy as long as they don't see me until I start wailing on them. I hate dispell : /

Anyone else that likes to play (or hates to fight! xD) this class? Fellow WoEing WS's UNITE! :D

Majora_younglink

I like with WS myself. They're a neat class to play around with. Course my build is usually vit based.

howardalteisen

same. for woe i have around 90ish vit, 30-40 agi, 110 total strength, 20ish dex, and rounded out my int to a 10.

it may not have the burst damage of a sin cross, or a bragi's ad'ing creator, but if I can get a good 6-8 seconds wacking someone, they usually die.

Crusiux

I always wanted a Whitesmith because i have seen the damage they can slam on someone.
But my down fall is my money making abilities.
I never seem to earn fast money.

blackgh05t

I love finding a priest who thinks they're "all that" when they agi down me.

...Then I whip out my DBB Chain and Mamo them to death before they can SW.

I'M NOT SCARED OF YOUR AGI DOWN. ;_;

+ full adrenaline rush is awesome for your breakers. :]
eos
Est. 2008

Majora_younglink

Quote from: blackgh05t on Feb 01, 2008, 04:31 AM
I love finding a priest who thinks they're "all that" when they agi down me.

...Then I whip out my DBB Chain and Mamo them to death before they can SW.

I'M NOT SCARED OF YOUR AGI DOWN. ;_;

+ full adrenaline rush is awesome for your breakers. :]

XD

I like doing the same thing except with the Cart skill. I usually have it filled with yggrdasil items so its not only full but useful in case I need anything.

blackgh05t

Quad Status Mace + Meltdown + Blast Clip = Sexyyyy

Love seeing all the /omg's. :D
eos
Est. 2008

phranxis

yC

i like them, i play blacksmiths even before the release of whitesmith so you can tell how much i love that class branch.  It's great to make money with them and they are not weak at leveling. 

WS is a very strong class in WoE if you have the money to spend and of course those equips you got are very good in keeping you alive so you can term more!  The last time i made a WS there were still SP item for sell, so it wasn't that bad.  Now i am not sure, sp pots could cost a lot in addtional to the hp pots. 

When i woe i use battlemode, i always have w for white pot and b for blue pot and all i can remember is i spam those key a lot xD

Majora_younglink

I usually like walking into a group of enemies and breaking their armor and being generally a nuisance and then letting my other guildies walk in and utterly destroy them.

howardalteisen

My server has 15x rates, so money isn't generally an issue. I've used 900k+ in CT and MOT in WoE's, not to mention healing items. I should get a blast clip, that would probably help meltdown spammage. D:

And, yes, FAR is a great ability, but I can never seem to hold onto the link long enough for it to last when we get onto the emp. R> Active soul linkers xD

pintakasi

WS are full of action, i think you should chage your weapon into
Chain of Morning Star w/ zipperbear cards for more damage. cool
your not a fool, aren't you?

say2nd

if i use
+10 chain v 1 thanathos boss card n 2 zipper bear....the dmg will high den +10 chain v 3 zipper bear ???????????????

locked1nside

i've seen WS on WOE, they're great.
the damage on CT, the endurance on damage also because they can wear high def equipment.

and for the weapon .. better get elemental mace like stunner. or chain[3] with cards.
(better if you have a mjolnir) lol
;D

Grape

The topic was created in 2008, yet most of the advice is like, 2006ish.

First thing's first, if you don't have the money to go for +6 or +7, just stick with +4, there's only like 8 def difference from all gear being +4 and +7, you shouldn't even be killed by most Melee attacks.

Recommended gear:
-Heagear: Feather beret

-Middle Headgear: Angel/Devil wing ears/Welding mask (For precasts, it could be nice)

-Armor: Valkyrie Armour/Meteor Plate/Lord's clothes with Marc/ED (Switch to ED when there are HW/Prof, Marc for precast)

-Garment: Immune Wool Scarf/Anti-Sniping Wool scarf (Raydric for normal, Noxious for precast, once you're past precast, switch back to Ray)

-Shoes: Tidal Shoes with Green Ferus Card or Matyr/Verit or +9 Tidals Shoes with Firelock card

-Accessories: Ring of Mantis, Vesper Core 03, or Ring of Flame Lord, and Bison Horn of Mantis. Ring of Mantis is nice for builds, Vesper Core 3 adds a nice ATK bonus and decent Str, Ring of Flame Lord has a good ATK boost, Fire resistance, Vit increase, but a little too low Str and random skills. Bison Horn of Mantis+Thorny shield is your best bet but you still have to choose your 2nd Accessory.

-Cranial Thorny Shield/Cranial Valkyrja's Shield (Thorny shield is amazing with Horn of Buffalo/Bison horn combo, Valkyjra's Shield is the best for Precasts)

-Weapon: Your Main weapon would be a Combat Knife, Piercing Defence, 10% Demi-Human reduction, beautiful. Works wonders with link, even if you don't have link, it probably has a higher DPS than most other weapons you can use link-less, anyway. Your 2nd weapon should be a +8-+10 Quad Diligent Orcish Axe, it has the highest DPS out of other one handed weapons and doesn't need link. If you have link access and no CK, a +7 - +10 Tripple Diligent Mes would be a better weapon than Orcish Axe.

Stat foods: I personally never WoE without any, all my builds revolve around stat foods, once you start re-building your WS build, you'll see how helpful they are.
+8 Str (Most of the stuff is NPC bought, including Jack O' Pumpkins), 8 Agi, 7 Vit, 8 Dex are all easy to get, if you can't get +8 Str, +5 Str is way easier as well.

Converters: Wind and Earth tend to be the best for bypassing Valk shield and Ray.

Resistance pots: I personally like using Earth, I hardly see any fire. Wind is nice for Precasts.

Aloevera/Box of Resentment/other ATK boosters: They're pretty heavy, but they provide excellent ATK boost.

Just my 2 cents. Hope I helped.