Battle Alchemists

Started by CookieEater, Oct 24, 2008, 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CookieEater

One thing you never hear anybody about anymore: Battle Alchemists.

I love them. A Battle Alchemist was my first RO character EVER, and I still make one everytime I register somewhere.

Sadly, they are pretty much extinct. Alchemists either leech off a Homunculus or get a Fireblend and Bolt stuff to death (Geographers being a favorite). When they become Creators, they stop thinking about everything that is not Acid Demonstration.
I have fond memories of the old days, when every Alchemist you came across was either in a party or cursing their low damage output and HP, and was relieved and proud when they finally got to 99.

Has anybody else ever made a Battle Alchemist? If so, do you still play one occasionally or do you go with the times? I'd love to hear some opinions from y'all.

-Cookie
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Ayuneko

Alchemist wasn't my first character in this game, however I decided to make one mainly because of homunculus (sad but true).
I really knew almost nothing about this class, many FAQs and friends helped me XD

bolting alchemist is the most boring class I played. Ever.
around 2 monts ago when I again wasn't sure which class should I make ... I typed alchemist, again.
And I've tried a battle, agi build. Ele Haedonggums + Lif + me = maybe a really decent dmg, but I loved playing this character.
Overall I can say that a good, geared alchemist is able to exp solo (!) in many places, but doing that is almost forgotten now (</3 afk lvling).
Battle alchies ftw ^^ I wish I could find a server suits me enough, to make one again xd

InFlamesWeTrust

QuoteOne thing you never hear anybody about anymore: Battle Alchemists

.____.'  I see them all the time.  Not sure on your servers though. . . And they're not uncommon at all on official servers.

I too always make a Battle Alchemist.  Though I end up being a potion pitcher in parties and higher-end dungeons.  It's a great build to solo with my lif. *v*

Chimichanga

well back in rag frontier, i did too because they sold flame bottles. when i left they decided not to sell those bottles anymore since creators wer being made. i do hav fond memories of bombing and mobbing agiopes and the gold ole' cart rev. i think that homunculus depleted the existence of battle alches.

InFlamesWeTrust

Well, It probably reduced their numbers...

I want to play a server with no transcendent classes now. =[

fluidin

Battle alchy is pretty fun for leveling to 99, actually :X

I don't see battle creos though, ahaha.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Ayuneko

Quote from: fluidin on Oct 25, 2008, 03:45 AM
I don't see battle creos though, ahaha.
I only heard about them (in ParadiseRO if I good remember XD). Mammo ftw!

Quote from: InFlamesWeTrust on Oct 25, 2008, 01:21 AM
I want to play a server with no transcendent classes now. =[
I'd love to play a server with transes but WITHOUT homuns even more ;P

InFlamesWeTrust

You know what class I really never see anymore...  Battle Priests.  Man those guys were pretty awesome.

Brian

AD + Homun = over power imo
currently playing at raijero

Stephiroth

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=413E6A47DF34D067
i love battle alchemists xD

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cs39FQdcHcc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cs39FQdcHcc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Posted on: Oct 25, 2008, 02:00 am
Bump
Cold as ice.

ngjoko

Well, i love battle alchemist and battle priest myself, but i'm not really good at them. Still, that doesn't mean that i can't love and try to use them in my super low rate server in Indonesia. They ended up disastrous, since i tried using Vit instead of Agi, very stupid decision. So i ended up deleting them. Sad, very sad.

I'd never really seen any BP or BAlc before in my server, only FSs which looked very, no, super lame.

Homunculus is like a much useful pet or mercenary to me, though i'd never used any mercs yet, but that's not the point. I don't see why BA need to fore go their homun, just treat them as cute soldiers that'll not disobey any of your order. I'm not daring enough to let them level me, since i afraid they might die at any moment, also that's cheating and i don't like that, but i don't think many does that, huh?
Come and join HeRO, it's lots of fun. ^^

GM Lif

Yay!
I love battle alchemists, I always make a agility, strength, build then get a Lif to heal me when I need it, but I do find that leveling a Lif is rather harder, but its worth it because of the cuteness, not to mention when its evolved, a Lif is the best homunculus to have, its just hard to evolve. Over all, I find alchemists the funnest class to play, but their clearly not the easiest to play.

Loki

Battle Alchemists are pretty neat when perfected but you still can't deny that AD builds has decent damage but also expensive.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Poki

Looks like a build just for fun and lulz.

Link1

Battle Alchemists...i never see them around anymore everyones into AD and magic scrolls.
GM Ken - Black Knight RO (Aussie)
www.bn-ro.com