Basic question about homunculus - when can I rebirth it (loyal but...?)

Started by Leamee, Apr 10, 2011, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leamee

Hey guys,

I know this is a basic question but I can't find the answer I'm looking for on google. I don't know if I can rebirth my homunc when its intimacy is 900.
Right now it's almost loyal and I planned on rebirthing it tonight. It's not the most awesome vanil (810 matk lv 99) but it's better than the second one I made and basically I'd like to evolve him asap.
Also, will it go back to level 1 once it has evolved? I guess so, but I'm not sure.
Worst case scenario, I can wait for its intimacy to be 1,000 but it would be kinda useless.

Usagimimi

You evolve at minimum 911 Intimacy, and your homunculus retains its levels. Only its stats go up to a max of +10 per (this is random), and a slight boost in HP/SP.

You can rebirth a homunculus with an Alchemist and it won't go away; you'll retain it as a Creator, but it needs to be in Rest.

Intimacy afterwards serves for its Bio Explosion skill - higher it is, more damage you do, but your Intimacy falls to zero and you'll need to start over again by feeding it. The actual damage done isn't too much to wish for, so the skill itself is kinda bleh. Oh well.

Your homunculus MATK is average. If you post the rest of its stats, specifically ATK, HP, and SP, it'll help to see if it's worth it or not. It's a mini-tank, heavy damage dealer, thus you need high HP, high SP, and an ATK exceeding 400 (though the ATK isn't too important, especially if SP is high and you've a ton of blue pots)

You'll want to be aiming for 800+MATK, 350+SP, 9,500+HP, and ~400ATK, if I recall correctly (I had one like this, only 1.1k MATK, and it was a beast)

leokimah

Bio explode is based on maximum HP not max intimacy. You just need about 450 intimacy points to use it.
The damage alone is awful but keep in mind vanilmirths are formless meaning anyone that is wearing a BG set will take massive damage.

example. A 9k hp vanilmirth will deal a 18k bio explode normally. x that by 3 for BG set users and you end up with a 54k bio explode which is enough to disable a guild completely.
The only downside is homunculus are very fragile in woe so pulling off a successful bio explode can be hard if your new to the idea.

High flee on a homunculus is a god send since it's not reduced when they are mobbed. For a decent pvm vanilmirth I'd say 170+ aspd, 200+ flee and what Yusifer stated.

Leamee

My homunc has 9.7k hp and amazing sp (about 380 sp) + 500 atk. Its flee is 220 I think. I have a second vanil that only has 600 matk so I'll probably not evolve the second one. I'll post bubbles' stats when I'm home. My friend's vanil sucks a lot (no atk, no matk) so it could be worse. Doddler's calc says its matk is v. Good but I'll make a new account and new vanils to try to get a better one. That said I still want to take care of this one as I think it's pretty good.
Posted on: Apr 10, 2011, 06:59 pm
Sorry for the double post, can't edit my message for some reason.
Here are my homunc's stats: (not 9.7K hp but 9.2K hp, my bad)

My second homunculus (not worth a stone of sage IMO, I'm going to delete it once it leeches me as I'm a creator on the Bubbles account but only an alchemist on this account):

For some reason they both have HUGE sp pools, dunno if it matters or not.

Edit: I made new vanils today, and they all sucked VERY badly. I mean it's for dropping purposes so I don't really care, but 100 matk at level 33 is just shameful. I had a vanil that had 100 at level 20  :-\
I need to make more embryos (like 75 with my current luck) and then hopefully I'll be able to get another 800+ matk vanil.

Usagimimi

HP: Very Good
SP: Amazing

STR: Good
AGI: Below Average
VIT: Below Average
INT: Very Good
DEX: Average
LUK: Below Average (LUK means squat to homonculi btw; they can't do CRITs)

Decent homunculus, with the right stats in the right areas. More AGI would've been great, but it's not too bad since its HP/SP/INT is good.

Second one has great Flee and ASPD, but Vanis are looking more at INT, and though the AGI is great, it doesn't have the MATK required to make it useful.

SP Pool is only good if MATK is high. If you can't deal good damage, doesn't matter if your SP is high or not. You'll be squashed before you can get a decent hit.

Leamee

Thanks, that's what I found with the calculator but I since I didn't understand which stats mattered I was still confused.
So basically I should keep the first one and ditch the second one right?
I'll make more embryos over the weekend. I also have an Amistr but its stats are horrible. I'm only keeping it because a) I'm too lazy to make a new one b) it had extremely high agi at some point (don't know if it still does) and it comes in handy since he's a hidden dungeon afk worker

I'll use a stone of sage on Bubbles when I get the time - you're right, looks like it's a decent homunculus because it can solo a couple of loli ruris non-evolved. I can't even do that without pots and I'm a creator lvl 98

Edit: I evolved Bubbles and I'm not happy about its final matk (864  :'()
Stats:
HP    9287    93.890 @ Lv 99.1
SP    401    3.917 @ Lv 100.6
Str    129    1.146 @ Lv 104
Agi    122    1.078 @ Lv 104
Vit    113    0.990 @ Lv 104
Int    130 + 5    1.155 @ Lv 104
Dex    129    1.146 @ Lv 104
Luk    120 ~ 122    1.058 ~ 1.078 @ Lv 104

Comparison with Average
HP    +337    
SP    +22    
Str    +5    Good
Agi    -2    Below Average
Vit    -11    Poor
Int    +6    Good
Dex    +5    Good
Luk    -4 ~ -2    Below Average

My amistr's stats for funsies (no kidding):

HP    8073 + 807    107.681
SP    193    2.542
Str    86    0.917
Agi    65    0.667
Vit    82    0.653
Int    19    0.111
Dex    67    0.597
Luk    51 ~ 53    0.542 ~ 0.569

Comparison with Average
HP    +193    
SP    +3    
Str    0    Average
Agi    -3    Below Average
Vit    -4    Below Average
Int    +1    Good
Dex    +1    Average
Luk    -3 ~ -1    Below Average

Usagimimi

864 isn't too bad. Higher the better, though. It's Above Average as-is (~700 is average).

In the future, if you have the patience, you could redo it and aim for HP/SP/INT/AGI. STR's always good, VIT for DEF, but those four (with AGI being the last on the totem poll) are the best to have.

Leamee

Thanks, hopefully I'll get luckier next time. I made a couple of new vanils and they all suck but they're not 99 yet. One of them will have average int at lv 99 but already has almost 400 sp. Are hp and sp more important than int or is int the first stat I should look at? I'll afk level all my vanils (I have 4 right now) and hopefully one of them will stand out in a good way in a few hours.

Usagimimi

INT is the most important. High INT and low SP = meh. You'll be spamming pots and that'll bring down your damage output due to not being able to spam the button for Caprice, and auto-potting like in mirAI is illegal on most servers.

After INT is SP. Very important. You're aiming mostly for high INT (primary) and high SP (secondary).

HP follows it in importance. Need high HP, hopefully coupled with high VIT, to tank PvM.

Saying that, VIT/AGI are equally as important, and take position #4. High VIT means it takes more attacks, but high AGI means less attacks are actually taken. Pending the mob, either or could be more useful.

STR is fifth. You'll be spamming Caprice, and assuming it has high INT and SP, Blue Pots won't be needed as much as SP recovery will be decently high. In any case, you spam a pot once or twice, and won't be physically attacking very often. If you want a physical attacker based on STR, Filir is the way to go. STR's mediocre on a Vanilmirth.

LUK is useless. Completely useless. No homunculus needs LUK and no homunculus can CRIT or Perfect Dodge.

You'll be wanting massive and unstoppable MATK output, thus high INT and SP combined is key. Even if you have Amazing in all the other stats, if SP/INT (especially INT) are Below Average, it's a crappy Vani and should be scrapped.

Leamee

Okay, well I have a problem. I got a 1K (almost) matk vanil with "ridiculously high" matk and "amazing" str but its hp and sp aren't so good.
I really really really don't want to delete that one, but I don't know if its worth a stone of sage.

Base Stats
HP    8771    88.684
SP    329    3.245
Str    136    1.276
Agi    117    1.082
Vit    122    1.133
Int    141 + 5    1.327
Dex    121    1.122
Luk    123 ~ 125    1.143 ~ 1.163

Comparison with Average
HP    -129    
SP    -25    
Str    +17    Amazing
Agi    -2    Average
Vit    +3    Good
Int    +22    Ridiculous
Dex    +2    Average
Luk    +4 ~ +6    Good

Hopefully I can get better HP and SP when I evolve it but still, I'm a little bit annoyed because it's a good vanil but the HP and SP part sucks.

Usagimimi

Depends really.

If you've got a lot of pots to spam, and you don't care that your damage output is overall lowered + having to make pots all the time, then it's fine.

I'd keep it for now if you absolutely need a PvM homo right away, but STR is really not that important. All it's got going for it is the INT, which it can't exploit due to low SP. 'Can't take many hits either, nei' can it dodge.

Kinda meh in tough situations. If you're just doing low-level things like Les, not a big deal, but if you're wanting to MVP then targetting for potting all the time could be a pain in the butt. You want your homo to be able to tank as long as possible in regards to MVPs before it changes targets to you, the AD'er, and with low VIT/AGI/HP, not going to happen.

:S

Leamee

I mainly afk nif (but die even with my more balanced 800 matk homunc) and I wanted to try and afk raydrics but I don't know if that's going to happen. I got about 5 vanils right now, they all peak at 750 matk or so. Some have got agi and sp and others have got more hp.
One of my homuncs isn't maxed yet but won't reach 800 matk. However, its other stats may be better so I'll see what I'll do. I dropped about 5 stones of sage so I *could* evolve the 980 matk vanil and hope for better hp/sp. I know it can happen.
I don't know if I'm going to MVP or not - I farmed a ridiculously high amount of fabrics and alcohol but I haven't started making potions yet.
Right now I'm mainly interested in a decent homunc that could afk in harder places than moscovia or hidden dungeon. I may make yet another vanil this weekend but I'm not going to get obsessed over this because at least I can already afk-farm.

Usagimimi

You'll need to throw pots eventually in some places. Raydrics have insane DEF and if your homunculus drops to 0SP and has barely any DEF/HP/AGI, then you'll have a tough time - yet again showing SP and INT are uber important.

You'll gain max 10SP by evolving. It's really nothing; usually I only get 4~5. Same with the other stats, so don't expect a jump from 330 to 400 or anything. You probably won't even hit 340 :S

Leamee

Okay, so I really don't know if I should evolve any of them. Come to think of it, the 223 flee 750 matk one I have probably isn't so bad. Its hp and sp are good, too. I'll make a new vanil on another account tomorrow. It takes me about an hour to exp the merchant, do the quest, make the embryos and get the right kind of vanil (the jelly one) so it's not like I can make hundreds of them. I'll end up deleting vanils but right now I'm using them as afk workers, plus I already deleted many and I kind of don't want to spend 1M a day creating homuncs.
I bought ungoliant card for 1M (yeah, someone didn't know the market price) = external bleeding immunity + 10% hp recovery.
This card is a godsend as I exp my merchants in moscovia and I usually die because of the external bleeding thingy (les) so this should actually make the leveling process MUCH easier.
Oh, and since I got 10K+ aloe leaflets, I don't have to fork out money for potions, which is a big plus.

Mushu

Never done it myself, but one of my friends loves camping Medusas. Exp is good, drops are good, card can be worth a lot; it's one of the most important cards for doing beelz runs on a priest. Also if you have creators afking and you find Tao Gunka you can AD + fly wing him until he dies, so you can camp tao anytime you're on basically.