[Pre-renewal] Help me build a WoE/BG High Wizard

Started by Eliphas Levi Zahed, Dec 18, 2016, 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliphas Levi Zahed

This is my first time writing here, I do hope someone generous enough will help me  /ok

Server info: 99/70 Mid-Rate (50/50/10) Normal Card: 0.5% MvP Card: 0.05%
*Note: Server had disabled Battle Grounds' equips: ratemyserver.net/battleground.php  but we have a Battle Robe[1] where when you paired it up to Tidal Shoes[1] and Wool Scarf[1] it has a set bonus of 20% Stun Resistance for Mage/Wizard.

Current items I had:

Poopoo Hat
Dress Hat[1]
Orleans's Gown[1]
Orleans's Server[Thara Frog]
Tidal Shoes[Green Ferus]
Wool Scarf[Raydric]
Gloves[Smokie]
Expert Ring[Ragged Zombie]
Flame Skull Card

Things/Equips I plan to have:

Parade Hat[1] - 10% Stun Resist
Sunglasses[1]
Stalactic Golem Card
Piercing Staff/Staff of Destruction[1]
Valkyrja Shield[1]

I don't have a Wizard char yet, and planning to create one as soon as I finish gathering the equips, so stats are pretty much will depend on what you guys will recommend.

snowblind

pretty straightforward:

WoE build is 99 dex, 99 int, 25 agi, 1 vit, 100% stun immune always. This is assuming you will always have devotion.

Same build works in BG, but sometimes you have to switch to a Horn/Thara Frog. If you see something that could stun you, you have to wear Flame skull. Less than 100% stun immune is as good as 0%. Use water/fire/thunder proof potions depending on the situation. You can try 25 vit instead of agi, but I don't recommend it. Your DPS with JT and meteor will be lower, and you will die to Creators. 

- Armor: Don't use orleans gown, the effect doesn't work during GvG. And um.. I hope you plan to get a Marc card, and a second Marc in case your armor breaks.
- Weapon: Just get a rod with 4 drops. Piercing staff is not that great, and staff of destruction is two-handed which makes it bad.
- Garment: Use noxious card instead of raydric. Switch to Marse or Jakk depending on situation.
- Shoes: Use matyr instead of green ferus if you're going for a 1 vit build.
- Accessories: 2x Glove [Zerom] or Orleans Glove if you can afford them. Hotkey your smokie glove.

Some tips on how to play:
- Stay back and survive as much as possible. If you're just rushing for quick kills, you either get lucky or you die, but you will never improve as a player if you don't plan how to survive. This applies to all classes, not just HW.
- Don't try to get as many kills as possible. Instead, think about how to give your team an advantage. This means you will use all of your skills, not just one or two, so it makes playing much more fun.
- Use @lgp or RCX. If it's not available, look for another server. Most importantly, you need to see Pneuma, Land Protector and Safety wall.

That's basically all you need to know to become a good player. Have fun.

Eliphas Levi Zahed

Ahh yes, I forgot to include that I also own a Odin's Blessing[Marc] but sure, another armor with Marc card will be okay. :)

Shoes: Matyr sounds good also for the 10% HP bonus, but does having a Boots[Zombie Slaughter] for damage output will be useful? /heh

Quote- Use @lgp or RCX. If it's not available, look for another server. Most importantly, you need to see Pneuma, Land Protector and Safety wall.
Well, we do have a @lgp in-game so this won't be a problem :)

QuoteThat's basically all you need to know to become a good player. Have fun.
Anyways, thanks for your advice. I think I'll just camp for Orleans's Gloves since that would be the only equip that is a bit pricey. /no1

Zereges

Overall, great suggestions, let me just clear few things out.
Quote from: snowblind on Dec 18, 2016, 06:38 PM
- Weapon: Just get a rod with 4 drops. Piercing staff is not that great, and staff of destruction is two-handed which makes it bad.
(dex) Survivor's rod is better, because it gives a bit of HP.

Quote from: snowblind on Dec 18, 2016, 06:38 PM
- Don't try to get as many kills as possible. Instead, think about how to give your team an advantage. This means you will use all of your skills, not just one or two, so it makes playing much more fun.
You won't be using all of your skills. Use overlapping MS as main source of damage and gambantein to make a hole in enemy's LP. Place quagmire inside that hole. Use JT as single target damage and SG/LoV as ground control (cloaked players). Use Heaven's drive your guild needs to reveal stalker for some reason.

Quote from: Eliphas Levi Zahed on Dec 19, 2016, 03:58 AM
Ahh yes, I forgot to include that I also own a Odin's Blessing[Marc] but sure, another armor with Marc card will be okay. :)
That's quite heavy armor, isn't it? And you won't have that stun reduction provided by BG alternative.

Quote from: Eliphas Levi Zahed on Dec 19, 2016, 03:58 AM
Shoes: Matyr sounds good also for the 10% HP bonus, but does having a Boots[Zombie Slaughter] for damage output will be useful? /heh
Zombie slaughter works, but beware, your health is really low and Matyr can save you from being instakilled using 6666 tarot card.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Eliphas Levi Zahed

QuoteThat's quite heavy armor, isn't it? And you won't have that stun reduction provided by BG alternative.
Then I will just BG until I earn enough Badges to buy the Battle Robe and compound it with Marc.
Battle Robe[1] can be armor enchanted too. But I won't risk it getting the +? Stat since it can break and the price per armor is 500 Badges. Though the server had 5x a day Happy Hour (2x Badges)

QuoteZombie slaughter works, but beware, your health is really low and Matyr can save you from being instakilled using 6666 tarot card.
I mean, switching footgear sounds practical? Zombie Slaughter for atk mode while Matyr for def mode? What do you think? /ok

Thanks for adding your thoughts and helping me out. :)

kiwikac

Dont forget to keep ur SP at full most of the time since Energy Coat counts blocked dmg from SP .. this is essential when champ asura you and you are on devotion .. makes pally survive it most of time :)

Zereges

Quote from: kiwikac on Jan 17, 2017, 08:44 AM
Dont forget to keep ur SP at full most of the time since Energy Coat counts blocked dmg from SP .. this is essential when champ asura you and you are on devotion .. makes pally survive it most of time :)
Well, EC does provide 30% reduction, but it is the only reduction you have, because you need Flame Skull in order to reach stun proof and you might want to have salamander in your manteau instead of ray/nox. Paladin would survive it only if champ is quite weak.

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Eliphas Levi Zahed

I agree with Zereges, but I made my wiz into a ganba type which has 97 TOTAL VIT 99 base int and agi rest. Though, I am still keeping this thread on bookmarked for future reference. /no1

Zereges

Pure ganbantein wizards are quite common, however, they use to have 99dex, 97vit, low int builds and are not focused on any dealing damage, but instead to provide space (using ganbantein) for other wizards to do their job.

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Ron Henley

Eliphas Levi Zahed

Quote from: Ron Henley on Apr 03, 2017, 02:50 AM
Complete your BG set boyyys

Well on a server that disabled KVM sets and weaps. The only compromise they made was to have a custom item solely for wizards in order to gain 100% immunity to stun, so there's that. But thank you for your input since this thread could also help other player from other servers /no1

flipflop9000

Depending on the server, I'm gonna assume your BG is infested by a million scream gypsies, so 100% stun resist is the way to go.

For woe:

Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to perma 100% stun resist as a wiz during woe(this was a 2012 meta?). It is completely situational at this point. For example, most guilds don't run a Pure Scream Gypsy anymore(depending on gcap+availability of gears), so you might be able to get away with wearing things like Dex headgears, RWC headgear, vs these guilds in a clash. Then switch to stun res vs guilds that use scream.

Also, unfro vs deadly. Have both but I suggest using ED main, staying in 4th line(not with the stack) so you don't get hit by FAS splash. Switch to unfro to get MBK'd.

Ron Henley

without BG set.. dont know how to make WOE wiz cause they will stun..

celestiaragnarokserver

With regards weapon, Piercing Staff is the best. Lich's Bone Wand is better but really hard to get. Rest of the gears are good enough.