RMS Home | Guide Writing | Test Server | New Servers | Latest Reviews

Author Topic: DivergenceRO - Closed to public(applications only)  (Read 856 times)

Blinzer2

DivergenceRO - Closed to public(applications only)
« on: Jan 10, 2021, 08:33 am »
What is Divergence?

Divergence is an alternate version of the Ragnarok Online world. The customization is exceptional, but not in a traditional sense. Divergence is not about adding customs to the game, but tweaking and repurposing the already existing things the game has to offer to create a superior game to the original in every way. The way the game is played is the same, but the world is different.

Divergence's world is based off of Pre-Renewal with Trans Classes(circa 2008), which is what I consider the "Super Smash Bros Melee" of Ragnarok Online. It aims primarily to preserve the way the game was played during that era for strong classes, while giving weaker ones the things they were missing in order to be able to compete. It improves the PvM experience not by adding custom dungeons or cheap gimmicks to dance around the fundamental flaws PvM has, but by addressing them directly and specifically.

Who would be interested in Divergence?

If you're tired of Merchant/Mage/Thief being bad in PvM, this is the server for you. If you're tired of party play being completely trivial and not mattering at all, this is the server for you. If you're tired of grinding stupidly weak monsters for ridiculously overpowered cards that don't even match the characteristics of the monster it drops from, this is the server for you. If you think the PvM in Ragnarok is just a chore you need to go through to be able to get to the good stuff, this is the server for you. If you think the itemization progression of Ragnarok is uninteresting and makes no sense, this is the server for you. If you think gear is completely polarizing and spread out randomly, this is the server for you. If 4 slotted composite bows have made you forget that bosses even drop weapons, this is the server for you. If you think Stalker, Lord Knight, Gunslinger, High Wizard and High Priest are all garbage in PvP, this is the server for you. If you think half of the monsters in the game are completely useless and there's no reason to ever fight them, this is the server for you. And if you're not interested in any of that and just feel like playing 0 delay AD Creator/Support Prof/Unkillable Paladin/Efist Champ/Oneshot SinX SB build for the 500th time, you can do that too.

What are Divergence's Rates?

Divergence's rates are 1x/1x, along with:

Equipment 1%
Accessories 0.3%
Headgears 0.01%
Cards 0.4%

MVP Drops 100%
MVP Cards N/A(Inquire for more info)

Is there lore behind Divergence?

The world features a temporal plotline which adds to the original story of Ragnarok Online, and acts as the sequel to the story of a previous server I GMed on over 10 years ago. The main villain and final boss of the server is Thanatos, standing tall at the top of Thanatos Tower. You must work your way towards it in order to have a chance at stopping him from permanently fracturing the space-time continuum. Generally speaking, this will only be possible as a feat if most players on the server work together.

More lore dating back to Limitless:

(click to show/hide)

Is there any way I can see footage of Divergence being played?

Yes. I am currently running through the game with a group of friends which is being streamed at www.twitch.tv/hugenatch. Follow it for when we go live in the upcoming days.

Where do I go to play Divergence?

This server is not open for the public. In order to join, you will have to fill out an application form and send it to me:

How long have you been playing Ragnarok Online?:
What are you looking for in a server?:
Why do you want to join Divergence?:
Do you acknowledge that you will not be able to rely on your old knowledge about the game while exploring this new world?:

This application is best sent to my discord at Blinzer#3093. I will be moderately critical in accepting applications.

Where do I donate?

You don't.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2021, 09:21 am by Blinzer2 »

Advertisement