LF> Long lost friends from aRO (Anima/Anthem/Animus/Anesis)

Started by Kylax, Aug 30, 2016, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylax

I played on aRO from around 2008-2013(?) and made tons of friends, joined many guilds and had great loads of fun.
The time I spent on aRO was truly the most memorable and nostagic - and it was Ragnarok at it's finest.
But unfortunately I lost contact with all my friends and even my screenshots  /sob
Hope to reconnect with some of you guys and fellow ex-aRO players in general

I remember the server being split in 2 - some of the population went to TalonRO while the rest stayed on aRO which was renamed from Anima to Anthem and there was huge chaos during that period of time.

I went by the name of Tacobell or onichii or Anonymity and was an avid PVPer together with my mate cooldude.
We were both Assassin Crosses and used to run riot in PVP Public, making tons of enemies in the process with our unorthodox methods of ganking and general shenanigans (stirring up s*** 24/7).

Some guilds I remember being part of:
Mighty Daks
Mark of the Elite
Vandalize
Hope
Fraility
Wingz
Kamikaze
Aesir

Some players I remember:
Red X657
Knight of Darkness
Nel- (bro, where are you man?)
Silverwolf
Sakura 665
D o p p e l g a n g e r
GTR Skyline
AceJay

Judgement

I think I remember seeing you around.  Was that the same Sakura that kept getting banned and coming back fully geared every time?  LOL

Interested to see if anyone shows up since haven't heard much from anything since the server FINALLY died.  Even the people who I knew from aRO who jumped to tRO after aRO died don't seem to be playing in tRO much these days.  Heard of some aRO related server existing some time ago but haven't heard much about it.
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Kylax

Quote from: Judgement on Sep 02, 2016, 10:10 AM
I think I remember seeing you around.  Was that the same Sakura that kept getting banned and coming back fully geared every time?  LOL

Interested to see if anyone shows up since haven't heard much from anything since the server FINALLY died.  Even the people who I knew from aRO who jumped to tRO after aRO died don't seem to be playing in tRO much these days.  Heard of some aRO related server existing some time ago but haven't heard much about it.

Yes, the same Sakura that constantly pre-buffed before entering PVP  /heh
By the way, what name did you go by in aRO?

Judgement

Combo Blaze.  Was in Divinity during a the Maelstrom era, Mark of the Elite during the Maha era.  The server's WoE scene was fun although jank.
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Najara

Well, AnesisRO has become JellyRO. It's not entirely dead but if you wish to cling to old and nostalgic memories, best not to check it out. The population now compared to then is quite depressing.

Some of the people you mentioned are still around. However, they're maybe just checking in once or twice a year.

Quite funny that you remember my ex (Silverwolf) of like 7 or so years. We only recently broke up. Yep. True story.

Subwoofer

God, all these names. I miss everyone and I remember you :D I ran around as Imperatrix back in the day. Good times in PvP.

But yeah, the server is depressing (only 40 people on average) and the few people that are left are toxic beyond belief minus 2-3 good people. The lag is so bad that it's almost completely unplayable. It's really unfortunate.

But Najara's right. Those people do pop up once or twice a year, but if you want to preserve your memories of what aRO was in its golden age, don't even come. It will leave a horrible taste in your mouth.

KickStart

AceJay and his BGM packs...
It's been a while since Anima crashed and burned. I ran around as Tyrant or Cross on Anima. I tried Anesis, but it wasn't the same.
I'm on NovaRO now, loving it.

Balbanes Beoulve

Its almost as if we need some sort of stable, long running RO server in order to maintain gaming-sanity lol...Anima....my good god.

Kylax

Quote from: KickStart on Sep 27, 2016, 11:25 AM
AceJay and his BGM packs...
It's been a while since Anima crashed and burned. I ran around as Tyrant or Cross on Anima. I tried Anesis, but it wasn't the same.
I'm on NovaRO now, loving it.

I heard that NovaRO is pretty good. I'm currently playing on iRO Renewal Server, Chaos.

Raruri

Mighty Daks...  /omg
Sheesh, haven't seen that name since ...I was in Addicted/Destined? That was around 2006.
I remember the original D o p p e l g a n g e r ...did you buy his account?

Quote from: Balbanes Beoulve on Sep 28, 2016, 04:46 AM
Its almost as if we need some sort of stable, long running RO server in order to maintain gaming-sanity lol...Anima....my good god.

Sounds about right.

Kylax

Quote from: Raruri on Oct 02, 2016, 09:03 AM
Mighty Daks...  /omg
Sheesh, haven't seen that name since ...I was in Addicted/Destined? That was around 2006.
I remember the original D o p p e l g a n g e r ...did you buy his account?

Sounds about right.

I used to WOE with Mighty Daks for a short while. I can't remember their names but the leaders were really nice. Yes I remember Doppelganger too, and nope didn't buy his account  /hmm

Kylax

KickStart

I see no reason not to bump it.
Yeah, Nova is pretty cool - no real P2win gear options though so it won't appeal to certain types...which is good. ;)

L e g a r d ~

Bumping this as well 2 years later since I see names I know. Hey guys.  /heh

GM Fury

This was the first private server  ( AnimaRO ) I played after iRO ( Official Server ). I think my IGN was Snoop Dogg there  /heh

Launch Date: April 17, 2020