AvrisRO

Started by Zoladrius, Mar 03, 2012, 05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoladrius

AvrisRO is shutting down. Where's everyone going ?  /??

Kristea

Nowhere until a good low rate appears... =/

Zoladrius

Yeah that seems to be the general consensus. It's a shame I actually spent time trying to help a server that was doomed from the beginning lol. I should have listened to the critics and skeptics early on~

wireless

You were in Squirtle Squad, right? What are they doing now?

frequency

A good base of the initial mass guild quits went to Cavale (now down) and Divinity. Some of those guilds left RO completely (playing Lime Odyssey & Tera). Don't know much about the players that were still playing on Avris though.
Community-driven packages for new players and guilds! Just say you're from RMS in Ret-RO's Introduction forums.

Zoladrius

Quote from: wireless on Mar 04, 2012, 05:09 AM
You were in Squirtle Squad, right? What are they doing now?

We went to DivinityRO

Kristea

Well, right now, I'm not playing RO. Just playing around FF3 and FF4 until a good server appears. uvRO may come back (with new stuff and a wipe, I guess), so I'll be waiting. As soon as something good appears, I'll try to take a few with me xD

Alex.

Waiting for good low rate :>

Kore

I played AvrisRO for a while, knowing the owner was the previous creator of VastRO which also failed, I immediately quit and deleted the folder. I'm playing in ZenRO right now, which is a new low-rated server.

http://www.zenro.org

CrispyKitten

Quote from: Kristea on Mar 04, 2012, 01:56 PM
uvRO may come back (with new stuff and a wipe, I guess), so I'll be waiting.
Yeah, turns out Trojal is interested in wiping and reopening uv-RO (http://www.uv-ro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1417).  He's a stubborn GM, but compared to the crap out there today, at least his servers don't just close out of nowhere.  =/

wireless

Quote from: CrispyKitten on Mar 05, 2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah, turns out Trojal is interested in wiping and reopening uv-RO (http://www.uv-ro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1417).  He's a stubborn GM, but compared to the crap out there today, at least his servers don't just close out of nowhere.  =/

He actually knows what he's doing  /no1 not many GMs like that nowadays.  I just hope this time he doesn't go with dynamic rates that depend on player activity. That was a terrible idea. People are too lazy and selfish for that :/

CrispyKitten

Lol yeah they are.  Trojal's opening the issue to discussion, so hopefully we can convince him otherwise.  We're trying to get the treasure boxes to link to other things like Happy Hour for events or whatever.

Anyone from Avris who's hoping for a new LR with a competent Dev can come join in by clicking here.  Yeah, he's a bit hardheaded, but nothing worse than the GMs on Avris, plus he is a highly talented Dev.  If we can get enough interest in this, we might be able to convince him to open in time for Summer Break.

fetus

Oh fu. I had someone tell me to add Trojal but it seems like he'll be making a low rate.

I just finished my college stuff (YAY Graduating on the 23rd) so I just got updated as to how things are down at RMS, and damn everything looks crazy. :|

Judgement

OH DEAR GOD LOL
Quote from: Judgement on Dec 30, 2011, 06:30 AM
Read the first few lines of the first page and instantly thought BS, sounds like someone's trying to advertise the server.

I'll give this a three months before it dies down.  If it's still up, maybe another 6 or more with a small number of players with no signs of improvement.  Every damn server starts off "promising" and with over 200 players, at least those who advertises right, but they quickly die out soon after.

Didn't even read any of the comments from this thread.

sry 4 ur losss
Super Smash Brothers 64!

CrispyKitten

I hate how you're right about every damn server being "promising".  :(

Strudel

That's why I don't get how you guys always want to join servers that have "recently started" along with "high population" those two don't mix. You always want to join a "new server" but whats to tell it'll last? For once try searching for a server that's been around longer and you know is stable instead of running back here crying each time the server dies. Especially when the administration is so crappy and anybody could see it from a mile away..

Karuna-tan

Went back to LuRO, seeing that that's where all my friends still are. At least I can have some random fun parties from time to time there.
"Howard, you do know I've got a number of ways to poison you. In your sleep. Your food. You don't want that to happen do you?"

Fluorite~

Waiting for the next low rate to pop up.  Keeping an eye on UV-RO and seeing what emerges from the ashes.

Not interested in any of the current low rates due to:
*Renewal mechanics/classes, even though Renewal isn't a finished product yet
*Donations being completely unacceptably powerful
*Server location leading to 200+ ms ping for my guild members
*Population numbers being so low that there would be no one to fight

Alex.

waiting for uvRO to relaunch and GW2 ;P