Anyone from EternityRO?

Started by Akasuna, Aug 11, 2011, 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thoth

Quote from: Playtester on Feb 22, 2013, 02:44 PM
On the one hand players want balanced and fun WoE on the other hand manual corrections from the admin are disliked. =D
yeah.
what you gotta do if possible is try to make it so that manual corrections aren't needed in the first place...
have forced transparency on the "legit" accounts of gms, or maybe just everyone (everyone can view the items you are wearing)
and avoid having anything on server with mvp card level RARITY or power

mindhoney

Well.
I played eternityRO and kinda left RO altogether when it went down, but I still get the urge to play every few weeks. And when I look, there's never any good servers up :/
So... if anyone here knows of a good server to replace eternity, please let me know. Or maybe if a server is in the works right now.

Playtester

In case anyone is still looking for people from EternityRO. Most that are actually still playing RO plan to start on PureRO next week. Found several familiar faces there. :-)

note

From what I know, there are quite a few introductions of people whom played on Eternity currently waiting for EvolveRO to open.

mbola

^ didnt see any

I used to play back in the day on makRO, mobRO, Eternity, Vicious, Celestia among many with Finale (pastafarians, encore etc) and currently feel like playing again for s*** and giggles so I've been searching for a server and hoping for the possibility of running the game on a tablet
Name was Sky~, b0Lamang and some other variations.  Any old school players around?

Only person ive recognized so far is Playtester, remember seeing ya running around on a novice / super novice i believe haha testing stuff

Playtester

I think note mixed something up.

I'm pretty sure the people from EternityRO that are still playing are all pretty much on PureRO, but they are using mostly different names, especially the famous ones. Sachi, Fluorite, Griever and Lazzy are all pretty well known, though.

On EvolveRO are the people from the Eternity guild, which doesn't really have much to do with the server except for the same name. =p

note

Quote from: Playtester on Mar 22, 2013, 10:21 AM
I think note mixed something up.

I'm pretty sure the people from EternityRO that are still playing are all pretty much on PureRO, but they are using mostly different names, especially the famous ones. Sachi, Fluorite, Griever and Lazzy are all pretty well known, though.

On EvolveRO are the people from the Eternity guild, which doesn't really have much to do with the server except for the same name. =p

Actually, there are quite a few players from Eternity, lol.

By the way, what's up with all these disconnections and occasional lag spikes on PureRO? Now their main forum, main website and initial server is down, I was leveling my Archer and Acolyte when this all of a sudden started occurring. :<

Triper

Quote from: MrMystery@Shout BoxSince you're discussing my server, I would like to say that we have already fixed those problems if you bothered to check.
This was what I saw at the Shout Box some hours ago. At this current moment, I checked their website+forum and seems down.

note

Quote from: Triper on Mar 24, 2013, 02:52 PM
This was what I saw at the Shout Box some hours ago. At this current moment, I checked their website+forum and seems down.

Just double-checked myself, and everything seems to be down. :S

Oh and to confirm: http://isitup.org/pure-ro.net

Anyway that aside, I'm curious to where majority of Eternity's players are, I miss those freaking old days...

Edit: It's actually up now.

Playtester

It was down because of an attack on the server. Now it runs on a new server with a really good protection and shouldn't go down so easily anymore.

wireless

It looks like most of Pure's playerbase played Eternity. Mostly from pvm and low-mid tier guilds though, so the WoE probably won't be as fun :/

Akasuna

Wow, I'm surprised to see this thread is still active... So, how about that what was it? Like v4? the v4 that never happened. Lmao.

Judgement

Man.  PureRO's main page post seems like it's been copy pasted by other similar servers.

Spoiler
QuoteEvery new server that comes out is always loaded with customs that take away from the core of the game. Not at PureRO.
The only new servers that have those type of customs are usually high rates.

QuoteWe strive to bring you that experience that everyone has grown to love over the years. We offer you Ragnarok Online as it should be. No overpowered donations. No imbalanced customs. Only minimal customizations to ensure that the original feel of RO is still maintained.
Heard this hundreds of times already.  Pretty standard.

QuoteWhat sets us apart from the rest? Simply put, PureRO is the only server that will offer you a close-to-official experience with minimal customization.
Bull s***.   There's always a new server opening up each month that promises this.

QuoteWhat this means is that things will be balanced and you can enjoy playing RO just like you used to years ago. We aren't just a server for nostalgia either. We use some of the latest improvements over the years as well such as randomized battlegrounds and the costume system.
Standard.
[close]
Giving this server 5 months before it dies/dies down to irrelevant status.  Got my last prediction right, let's see if I can get this one!
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Playtester

I would disagree, there is hardly any low rate server that tries to stay close to official. Name me one other pre-renewal trans server that has no custom spawn modifications, no job changer, no dungeon warper and no custom equips (not even any renewal equips) that has more than 200 players.

All the other currently successful low rate servers are all highly customized like TalonRO and HeRO.

Judgement

We're not talking about successful servers.  I'm just saying I've seen these servers pop up plenty of times, they just don't tend to last very long to notice them.
Super Smash Brothers 64!