Anyone from EternityRO?

Started by Akasuna, Aug 11, 2011, 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexx

wireless

Forum is now open and has a pretty nice amount of members already  /no1

orewasugoi

Anyone from Vice still playing?  DS forums went down so I have no clue if anyone is still around. 

My IGN was Nails btw

yC

^ That forum linked by wireless is spammed by bot so badly, is the revival still in progress?

wireless

No, I don't think it is. Last post from Karei was that they had a meeting about server details and he would post them soon. Over two months later... still nothing  /swt

Flopsy

Im getting malware detected warning when i try to enter eternity website /hmm

Triper

Someone reported it as a non-trusted website lol

yC

Quote from: Triper on Nov 16, 2012, 07:53 AM
Someone reported it as a non-trusted website lol

It doesn't have to be reported.  Google must have detected it is serving unsafe content or the IP/webhost is doing that.  Don't know which is the case but I got same warning and don't want to step closer.

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=eternityro.net

Since it says DREAMHOST, it could be bad neighbours in shared hosting.  Happens all the time.

Triper

That's new for me :O Someone once told me that you had to report it to get that.

Flopsy

Do something about it, i want to check the progress!! /sob

Cerion

karei pulled a stunt again, rumour has it that it was a school project to check/prove how easy it is to misslead people.

Playtester

Well, actually Karei replaced the website with the text "We are sorting out this mess", so he still must be around to have noticed this.

Karei is kinda difficult and hard to understand because he is mainly a businessman and not someone that cares much about Ragnarok Online (or is very good at programming). On the other hand his strong will to make money out of his projects is exactly what makes him good. He always cares about his servers unlike many other server owners who just launch it and then stop caring. He still needs good and reliable developers (paid) and this is actually the main reason why he closed the servers and didn't open v4 yet. He won't start anything until he is 99% sure his project will be a success.

On-topic: eROv2 was best. :-)

Strudel

very sad how people still have hopes for this..

Flopsy

Quote from: Strudel on Dec 14, 2012, 05:20 AM
very sad how people still have hopes for this..

How so, it was one of the best servers around, not something like you are advertising with a million xp per poring /kis2

Playtester

By the way, a former EternityRO player made an eRO inspired server which launched recently. Maybe someone is interested. :-)
PM me for a link.