Anyone from EternityRO?

Started by Akasuna, Aug 11, 2011, 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nano

I played v1. Was sorta fun.

Adria

If you wish to know what really happened to Eternity v3, then read this. I'm not hiding who I am, I am Adria "the horrible admin", "nasty b****", whatever other nicknames come up. This was written a few months after the end of v3, and contains even what went on amongst the team. If you think Karei was a good owner / main Administrator, then you are delusional. Paying the bills on time is great, but ignoring the server and stealing its donations is not the mark of a good owner.

http://tinypaste.com/10a988
http://pastebin.com/4uhbuTf1 ( alternate )

Adria

You sound like one of the butthurt people who got banned. Poor you.

I was not playing the game, I was an Administrator. I was working, not playing around. Karei may own the server and do as he wished, but specifically concerning the money, he "paid" himself in secret while having a public disclaimer that nobody working for Eternity ( including himself ) would get any money from the donations. Just in case your little brain can't comprehend that, it means that what he was doing was stealing which is illegal. Also, making a profit from RO is illegal, though paying any volunteer employees is not illegal ( in the United States ).

Millions of people around the world overwork themselves, some without realising it until they have an obvious and unavoidable symptom. It has nothing at all to do with their mental capacity. Keep your ignorance to yourself next time, or better yet go get an education about what you're talking about first. I don't know who shat in your milkshake, but keeping a grudge over something that happened almost a year ago is far worse than simply being stressed over a game. kthxbai.

Zoladrius

EDIT: Nothing to be said :)

Thoth

I never liked adria, as I do not like it when people let their emotions cloud their judgement.
adria is not the reason eternity died. karei is. he merely saw her as a useful pawn and took advantage of it.

zoladrius, you're just showing off your own idiocy. the more you say the less meaning it has.

Adria

Honestly I don't really care that much anymore if people think I'm the bad guy. I apologised for my behaviour and my actions during my time working for Eternity, and I truly meant it. I had hoped that v4 would happen, for the players' sakes. I know people enjoyed playing, despite all the problems and behind-the-scenes s***. I'm fairly certain that the site was taken down due to my post being discovered ( commented on people's profiles and in PMs only ), but I have no proof of it. It sucks, I actually really loved just playing RO, and there's no good servers around.

Thoth, thank you for your comment. I am guilty as charged, but I did my best to make the right decisions for Eternity as I saw them. As I told Karei from the start, I am not fit for Administrative duties - I was chosen because he trusted me the most, not because I was a good choice to administrate. I was a GM, and I'll be damned if I wasn't good at that ( sup, MobRO's GM-Kahli ).

Ness

Waiting for Ethereal-RO...

Akasuna

Quote from: Thoth on Nov 24, 2011, 04:34 PM
I used the name Luned back then, and The Smoking Nun (gunslinger). moved on to lumina which is on its deathbed, and neuro which died utterly.
now everyone is scattered to the winds.
some startup managed to monopolize on neuro death and snag some people. cavalero already shows signs of inevitable failure though.
the hardcore BG types have gone to "Battle of Midgard" suber high rate with its excellent ranking system and arbitrary gm punishments..
theres just no obvious choice right now.
karei killed it by giving himself god items and playing woe, then screwing server over when he got hatespammed.
no idea what happened after that, as I left as well.
if someone actually gave Adria that kindof power, they must've wanted server to die. if there was ever a GM that had PMS attacks, its her.

I heard about the NeuRO stuff. Didn't really get into it because it was a mid-rate and it wasn't all that impressive either imo. Okay, so apparently Karei messed up now too? Idk, I've heard all kinds of rumor about what happened and I'm not even sure what to believe anymore.

Quote from: blaiblou on Nov 29, 2011, 11:16 AM

At any rate, eternityRO was a outstandingly great server in my opinion, and it shall stay in my memory as such, for as long as I can keep it. Safely guarded as one of the three most amazing RO servers ever to cross my way.

What were the other two?

Quote from: Master Kush on Dec 01, 2011, 12:15 AM
i also was going there but since it seems its not going to happen. I was wondering where did all the ppl go!!? if there is some low rate with no op customs and has player base above 500 post here so i can join there too! :P

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too. Good luck finding a server like that.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't realize there was a second page here, let alone a second page with Adria replying. Interesting. Also, out of curiosity what exactly is it that you did Adria?

Adria

Quote from: Akasuna on Dec 14, 2011, 09:09 PM
EDIT: Wow, I didn't realize there was a second page here, let alone a second page with Adria replying. Interesting. Also, out of curiosity what exactly is it that you did Adria?

I was an Administrator ( the only one for several months after the others quit ), and due to several factors I effectively ended v3.

Please read the link for the true story of Eternity v3 and it's downfall. There's no rumours in it, it's purely facts from my experience on the team.

http://tinypaste.com/10a988
http://pastebin.com/4uhbuTf1 ( alternate )

Thoth

if you ask me eternityro died the day karei was caught cheating in woe with his "legit" char
so long as he held any position of power there was no way to recover from that.

wireless

I think it started dying earlier than that, when Amnesia and Sinergy left and the remaining two larger guilds were left to fight with eachother and guilds that were previously nonfactors, and Karei did what he did to give the other guilds more challenge to keep them in the server. Didn't work very well though  :P

Graviteh

The minute you saw geffenia items being sold on the first day you should have known s*** was up

yC

omfg Graviteh?!?!? I must be seeing things.  I still have you on my msn, are you still around ro?

Edit:  To just make things simple and easy.  Would it be more acceptable if the server tell you in the beginning that donation will go toward bills and paid staff?  There is always an end to a lie and when the truth is discovered it hurts.  After all these years I have seen way to many "drama" came from "truth" and "corruption" undiscovered.  While corruption is unacceptable in any way because they make the server a scam in all cases.  Having donation, asking for donation and telling you straight that they are being pocketed will not stop all player from making a donation.  I just think running a server like that would create less drama in the long run.

Evan

True Words off Wisdom yC  8)
The Day of the Lord is at hand. In an era of apocryphal cataclysm, divine mandate looms over creation in the horrifically tangible form of Angels.But man is no longer the subservient, passive creation, rather he will concede no peer, accept no superior.

Adria

Quote from: yC on Dec 15, 2011, 03:42 PM
omfg Graviteh?!?!? I must be seeing things.  I still have you on my msn, are you still around ro?

Edit:  To just make things simple and easy.  Would it be more acceptable if the server tell you in the beginning that donation will go toward bills and paid staff?  There is always an end to a lie and when the truth is discovered it hurts.  After all these years I have seen way to many "drama" came from "truth" and "corruption" undiscovered.  While corruption is unacceptable in any way because they make the server a scam in all cases.  Having donation, asking for donation and telling you straight that they are being pocketed will not stop all player from making a donation.  I just think running a server like that would create less drama in the long run.

Unfortunately Karei did not do that. Even when I asked him to pay me ( as I was the only Admin and only non-Developer on the staff for months ), he insisted that nobody would be paid. I saw how much the server was getting in donations every month, and also found that it's not illegal to pay people - but he put it in the server's rules and regulations that -nobody- would be getting money for their work. Except him, because clearly he's above everyone else ( /sarcasm ). I mostly just had a problem because he lied to even his "most trusted" staff members, and abandoned the server several times knowing that I did not feel capable of running it myself. I would have been happy if he had paid me even a small amount, and even the players asked him to pay me. If it was a minimum-wage job ( according to the state I live in ), I would have gotten 4-6h of 'overtime' every single day of the week, and made around $30k in the 7 months I was an Administrator ( ~$26k for US federal min. wage ). Obviously I didn't ask him to pay me that much, and I only asked for money after a few months of administrating solo and felt like I had earned a few hundred a month. And yes, I really did put in 90-100 hours a week, occasionally more if it was necessary.